Sign in to follow this  

Car varies every mode and session

I have an experience that my career mode car is slower in qualifying than the races. Also I can't match my practice times in Quali or get nowhere near my TT times.

Pretty odd. Anybody else tried this?

• Like 1

Posted (edited)

I get this too,

Shanghai Career mode qually lap was 1s slower than my FP lap, and I even went quicker in quick mode with a stock car. And then in the race I was back where I should be again?

Same setup, same car, same team mate, same track, same controller. Same everything. Yet in qualifying I'm lapping slower... despite a grippier track, fresh tyres, engine mode etc.

What gives???? It's ruining career mode, no point in qualifying.

Edit - Identical thing happned in Baku too. FP & Race im within 0.1 of Kimi, and doing a certain lap time. In Qually im 1.4 slower than him and I'm lapping slower than the race...

Edited by ipswich1992
More info
  • Like 1

I tried short qualifying and one-shot qualifying. Didn't seem to be a problem here. Unfortunately there is also the other quali-bug, where the teams use vanilla car performance if you get knocked out in Q1 or Q2 .... oh yeah, and also they all have free tire choice. God that is a lot of bugs only for qualifying 🙂

Posted (edited)

Yep, me too. I do 100% everything in Career Mode (Logitech G29).

In Practice & Qualifying, I am struggling to get to mid-pack, and I Qualify poorly. In the Race, however, I'm much quicker and, eventually, catch the leaders 😲

Edited by Marty_K_

4 hours ago, Marty_K_ said:

In Practice & Qualifying, I am struggling to get to mid-pack, and I Qualify poorly. In the Race, however, I'm much quicker and, eventually, catch the leaders 😲

A lot of that is because the AI is often easier in the race than in quali this year. They tend to focus on saving tyres (though they shouldn't need to as they cheat in that regard anyway) and usually pit while their tyres are still good.

5 hours ago, Marty_K_ said:

I run 100% everything as well and haven't found this to be an issue at all. Everything matches up pretty perfectly. Are we sure this isn't somehow connected to AI sim times which vary greatly to actual on track pace by the AI?

• Agree 1