Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  

Silverstone track needs fix before event !!!

Recommended Posts

Posted (edited)

Chris, any thoughts on why Codies hasn’t applied simpler, effective deterrents to dirty driving and cheating? Suggested rules:

1. Go off-track in qualies? Invalidate the player’s lap time.

2. Go off-track in duels? For every instance, apply a 10-second penalty. I’m not sure 5 seconds would deter cheating players from taking some shortcuts like in the Silverstone clip above or driving through the Mistral Straight on Circuit Paul Ricard.

3. Collide with a rival in duels and cause them to go off-track or spin? For every instance, apply a 10-second penalty.

4. Collide with a rival in duels and cause them to DNF (crash)? Disqualify (black flag) the player and reduce their Cup Points, and increase the rival’s Cup Points.

Enforce these rules and watch dirty driving and cheating evaporate. Might teach the AI and bots a thing or 7 about clean driving. 😉

Edited by Fierce

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Wow

That is insane shortcut!!I hope they will fix it before event starts :classic_blink:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, CosareNL said:

Wow

That is insane shortcut!!I hope they will fix it before event starts :classic_blink:

I don't know if anyone tried it, but it didn't give me any advantage. This used to be my favourite track....hitting the apexes (apii?) made for fast flowing laps, but now the speed humps on every corner will send you sideways. And with low steering and stability, hitting the last DRS zone causes wheelspin and you'll fishtail off course into the grass. I can't believe these are 'glitches' in coding. Somebody put them there because they weren't there before, so it's deliberate. But why? Again I wonder why the game doesn't follow F1 style racing. Imagine Lewis Hamilton fishtailing down a long straight because he opened up the rear wing on the DRS zone. It wouldn't happen, so why does it happen to us?

  • Agree 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The shortcut was fixee at one time.

completely incredible how old previously fixed anomalies continue to reappear.

I'm sure it will move back in a better direction but those responsible should be very ashamed of their work.

  • Agree 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Back in my day trawling for salmon off Nova Scotia we'd keel haul the lot of them for insubordination. And no rum for them. Aaaaarrrgghh! 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I have a conspiracy theory that they're using this game as some sort of psychological experiment on us.  I can see them in a meeting saying "Let's design a game that's decent at first and then have a series of updates that gradually makes the gameplay worse and worse to the point that it's barely playable. Then we see how long people still continue to play it." It makes perfect sense to me. :)

  • Haha 2
  • Agree 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, xdakota80x said:

I have a conspiracy theory that they're using this game as some sort of psychological experiment on us.  I can see them in a meeting saying "Let's design a game that's decent at first and then have a series of updates that gradually makes the gameplay worse and worse to the point that it's barely playable. Then we see how long people still continue to play it." It makes perfect sense to me. 🙂

Or how long will they continue to pay for upgrades hoping that makes it better...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 minutes ago, StKnowhere said:

Or how long will they continue to pay for upgrades hoping that makes it better...

I am kinda new here but looking to some post I noticed a lot of no reply posts.Even this post.Posted on July 1st and still no reply.That makes me sad!!!!

  • Agree 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, CosareNL said:

I am kinda new here but looking to some post I noticed a lot of no reply posts.Even this post.Posted on July 1st and still no reply.That makes me sad!!!!

You mean from Codemasters? They've been very silent since the last release, which in my and many other's opinion is the worst one yet. They're in hiding because they know it's ****.

  • Sad 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, xdakota80x said:

You mean from Codemasters? They've been very silent since the last release, which in my and many other's opinion is the worst one yet. They're in hiding because they know it's ****.

I am wondering how many sec are we going to lose per lap in the event!!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, CosareNL said:

I am wondering how many sec are we going to lose per lap in the event!!

I'm not even going to waste my time with it. The game is on the shelf again for me. I'll try it again when the next update comes out.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

×