PETITION to customize the position HUD

PETITION to customize the position HUD  

37 members have voted

1. 1. Do you want us to be able to customize the position HUD?

• Yes, please!
    • No

Many people have been begging for the official F1 graphics for years. What we have gotten is only the font and some warning messages. The main position hud system hasn‘t been touched though. This is what we are asking you for, Codemasters. You could make this optional (in the settings) so everyone will be happy:

• set the number of drivers we want displayed in the position HUD (normal, 5, 10, full grid)
  • make 3 letter abbreviations of drivers optional (HAM instead of Hamilton, ...)
  • allow us to display permanent gaps to all drivers next to their names

This would be a good solution for every player and would help us a lot. We need all drivers shown and permanent gaps anyway for our race strategies (over- and undercuts), pit strategy. The info is in the telemetry already, so why not integrate it the way we‘ve been wanting it for many years. Thank you for taking this request serious. It makes the game so much better!

Edited by AllenB2609
  • Thanks 1
  • Agree 6

I would like the Xbox version to allow HUD customization

because on my TV the ERS% is hard to see.

1 hour ago, TPGxZ3NOX said:

I would like the Xbox version to allow HUD customization

because on my TV the ERS% is hard to see.

Yes, I hope they bring HUD customization to consoles via a patch

Which platform? You can already do it on PC.

I believe Lee indicated that is is only PC for now, so it might go to console eventually.

Edited by Ho3n3r

1 hour ago, Ho3n3r said:

Which platform? You can already do it on PC.

I believe Lee indicated that is is only PC for now, so it might go to console eventually.

HUD customization is available for PC but not the option to customize the positions tower

44 minutes ago, AllenB2609 said:

HUD customization is available for PC but not the option to customize the positions tower

Really? Could've sworn I can move every element on the HUD. You can't edit every element exactly as you wish, but you don't need to. I disable the position HUD anyway as it's an immersion killer.

Edited by Ho3n3r

28 minutes ago, Ho3n3r said:

Really? Could've sworn I can move every element on the HUD. You can't edit every element exactly as you wish, but you don't need to. I disable the position HUD anyway as it's an immersion killer.

The question is not about moving it (you can do that with the current customisation facility on PC) it is to be able to say how many drivers are shown in the positional table. Currently you have you and those in front/behind (sometimes the leader). People want to see different things. Some want it to show everyone (20 drivers), some want to see the leader, fastest lap as well as you and those in front/behind (5 drivers), others may just want to see the top 10. This is what this thread was created for.

Edited by martbloke
  • Agree 1

26 minutes ago, Ho3n3r said:

Yep, you can move it around but you cannot change it to the extent to display as much drivers you want or to only display their abbreviations like in real F1 instead of their full names etc.

25 minutes ago, martbloke said:

The question is not about moving it (you can do that with the current customisation facility on PC) it is to be able to say how many drivers are shown in the positional table. Currently you have you and those in front/behind (sometimes the leader). People want to see different things. Some want it to show everyone (20 drivers), some want to see the leader, fastest lap as well as you and those in front/behind (5 drivers), others may just want to see the top 10. This is what this thread was created for.

Sounds like a nightmare.

5 minutes ago, Ho3n3r said:

Sounds like a nightmare.

1 could think that but I don't see how it's not doable. The data is already there it's just hidden to only show around you so all that is needed in my mind, is an option to go in a select which positions are to be displayed and no longer be hidden.

What I think is that for races you'd have an option within for positions:

default (you and Infront/behind)

Top 10

Full

If default is selected, then have maybe 2 options to activate, 1 for the leader and 1 for fastest lap (not required for top 10 or full as they both would be included anyways).

For full qualy I think as well as showing your position, they need to always display the fastest lap and the drop zone depending on which session you are in (Q1 16-20, Q2 11-15 and Q3 top 10). Any other qualy length and practice should default to what you select for the race.

Easy in my mind and I'm sure for them if they wanted to do it. 

It would make a little too much sense to let us cycle the HUD or turn it off/on while driving. PCars and AC have had this for years and it should be a basic function in any driving "sim."

57 minutes ago, martbloke said:

Easy in my mind and I'm sure for them if they wanted to do it. 

If only they were Masters of coding?

• Haha 2
  • Agree 1

3 hours ago, DaleRossi said:

If only they were Masters of coding?

I think they can make it happen. I‘m hopeful at least. 🙂

• Like 1

Absolutely YES!

i hope that you can expand the driver list to sx ...3 is poor during race .. i want full list of 20 drivers with the real gap

I don't think we will see this soon from Codemasters. I use RS Dash which works great.

What I really would like someday is a virtual mirror. 

18 hours ago, Stevie777 said:

I don't think we will see this soon from Codemasters. I use RS Dash which works great.

What I really would like someday is a virtual mirror. 

Why wouldn‘t they do it? The telemetry is already there and for spectator mode they have it as well. It shouldn‘t be that difficult. And the majority really wants it.