No MFD header option in F1 2019

I only use cockpit cam. I find the two little buttons in the lower right corner of the screen (one for MFD panel, the other for voice comms) very distracting. Last year F1 2018 had a new OSD option called 'MFD header' where you could turn off these two buttons. I was so happy....

But not this year. The option to turn the MFD header off has been removed in F1 2019. Why? I woud like to have it back....

Codemasters, could you please add back the MFD header option with the next patch? Thanks :)

Its because in F1 2018 when you turned the MFD header off it sometimes keeps opening the Tyre wear page every time you use a flash back. They removed it from 2019 to stop the menus from getting opened at the wrong starting page. that is why 2018 sometimes you could not activate the pages as it got confused which page it was on last. I hope that answers your question.

33 minutes ago, Worntoathread said:

What platform? It's actually there on PS4

Really? I am on the PC and I can assure you the option is gone.

Yes, i have this choice in my game on PS4

Posted (edited)
32 minutes ago, TPGxZ3NOX said:

Its because in F1 2018 when you turned the MFD header off it sometimes keeps opening the Tyre wear page every time you use a flash back. They removed it from 2019 to stop the menus from getting opened at the wrong starting page. that is why 2018 sometimes you could not activate the pages as it got confused which page it was on last. I hope that answers your question.

Well for me it didn't because I mapped two different buttons to those. There weren't any problems at all. Maybe it only happened on specific platforms?

Edited by drKotasz

It actually doesnt matter then if you have 2 buttons mapped to it. as it fixes itself. over time. It isn't effecting anyone's game play is it?

4 minutes ago, Raymy said:

Yes, i have this choice in my game on PS4

Well in that case I am asking Codies to do the same on PC... Hopefully it's easy.

3 minutes ago, drKotasz said:

Well for me it didn't because I mapped two different buttons to those. There weren't any problems at all.

it actually doesnt matter then if you have 2 buttons mapped to it. as it fixes itself. over time. It isn't effecting anyone's game play is it?

Is it not available in the OSD customization section when you're in a driving session?

2 hours ago, Ho3n3r said:

Is it not available in the OSD customization section when you're in a driving session?

No it's not. I am on the PC. I know it's available on PS4. This is precisely the reason I think it should be easy to implement this feature. It already exists.

Posted (edited)

Problem solved. It's possible to set the MFD header transparency in the Customise OSD menu. Actually, any HUD element can be set transparent individually. This is better than what I originally requested.

Thanks Codies :) 

Edited by drKotasz