Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

I’ve finally solved the hairpin issue

Was struggling with these turns in 2018 and also 2019 (pad for both). The worst one was Monaco last year, but this year China, Montreal, and Abu Dhabi were difficult as well. The issue I was having was that the car wasn’t turning enough even at full lock, and this wasn’t an issue caused by the setup of the car.

Anyway, the solution if you’re having this problem is to increase ‘steering saturation’ in the control options. Try +5 first so the car isn’t reacting wildly different. If that doesn’t help enough +10 should definitely solve it. You may find these tweaks help in some of the faster corners as well, allowing you to straighten the car a bit earlier and get on max throttle sooner than you were previously.

Thought I would share this in case it helps just 1 person, as I know this was an issue that was frustrating me to no end.

In fact just changing the steering linearity to 15 and changing to a lower gear at the same time you turn is fine. 2018 and 2019 have no problems on controller

If you're using a wheel, steering saturation to 90% makes a lot of difference. Other than that, seems you really have to exaggerate trailbraking to get through hairpins.