Fanatec Formula V2 button mapping

I have been waiting for the game to be released which arrived with me today ..

All I asked was for the button mapping and if there would be any additional button options with F1 2019 so I could at least justify buying the Fanatec formula F1 V2!Wheel for Xbox  One which has several buttons and dials which I believe are usable if you run F1 2019 on a PC, if this mapping wasn’t available or at least SOME extra functionality then the purchase of my €345 wheel would not really cut it.. 

Needless to say that after opening the box and finding a Fanatec F1 Wheel leaflet I was really hopeful... this was soon crushed when I found out the the game STILL has the same mapping as all previous versions and that I had spent more cash for the immersive experience, I was totally gutted...

I have been an avid supporter of the Codemasters F1 game for many years , probably 20+ and even more before Codemasters acquired it.. 

WHY can’t somebody be truthful when asked instead of being deceitful... 
I am a man of 64yrs and love everything you do and will probably continue to purchase the damn games in the future but come on guys.. let’s have a little more input for the wheel user... All these buttons and no use..crazy.. ok for PC, shame I don’t have sim rig money... The same email goes to Microsoft and Fanatec as well just so you are aware..

• Like 3
  • Agree 1

Codemasters could fix some pretty basic things with this by not making the MFD menus active unless you open it first. At least, that would help with ERS and DRS.

Are you on Xbox? If so, most of it is an Xbox problem, unfortunately. Really sucks as I have the same wheel.  Why MICROSOFT doesn't support peripheral mapping fully as it would on PC is beyond me.

Being able to map ERS and Fuel is seemingly impossible without cycling through a menu while driving.

• Agree 1

1 hour ago, DaleRossi said:

Codemasters could fix some pretty basic things with this by not making the MFD menus active unless you open it first. At least, that would help with ERS and DRS.

Are you on Xbox? If so, most of it is an Xbox problem, unfortunately. Really sucks as I have the same wheel.  Why MICROSOFT doesn't support peripheral mapping fully as it would on PC is beyond me.

Being able to map ERS and Fuel is seemingly impossible without cycling through a menu while driving.

I have found a way to do fuel and ERS but it restricts using other options in the MFD, I have mine set as so... on my McLaren Wheel I use the joystick up/ down as Fuel and left/right as ERS, this is down on MFD custom settings.. I then use Voice commands for tyre changes etc. It works but is really inconvenient and restricted..

Formula V2 Wheel arrives tomorrow and as I understand it the spinners don’t work on Xbox either??

Edited by Mike4255
Spelling

1 hour ago, Mik2232 said:

You should have done some research first. Microsoft does NOT allow more than the standard Xbox buttons to be assigned on any device connected to the Xbox One. The PS4 has more button mapping than the Xbox does. This has been an issue on the Xbox One since launch day and Microsoft have no intention of fixing it. Even if codemasters allowed more button mapping in the game the Xbox Protocol would not allow it. There is a 150 page thread on the Microsoft site about this lousy system they have on the Xbox. 

Thanks..

So tell me , I have a PS4 as well but the 2x rotaries don’t work on that either. Neither do some of the Dials, besides that , the controller uses the joystick which steering wheel has but can’t be used???? Why can’t they be assigned???? Imagine all the buttons you can use on the controller, the same can’t be said for the wheel so where does Xbox protocol come in to it... if it can be done on a controller the same can be done on a wheel..

i would be interested to see your configuration using the Fanatec Formula V2 Wheel with F1 2019.

Edited by Mike4255
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, DaleRossi said:

I have found a way to do fuel and Wes but it restricts using other options in the MFD, I have mine set as so... on my McLaren Wheel I use the joystick up/ down as Fuel and left/right as ERS, this is down on MFD custom settings.. I then use Voice commands for tyre changes etc. It works but is really inconvenient and restricted..

Formula V2 Wheel arrives tomorrow and as I understand it the spinners don’t work on Xbox either??

2 hours ago, Mik2232 said:

There is a 150 page thread on the Microsoft site about this lousy system they have on the Xbox. 

What is Microsoft's response to it..."**** you." ? 

It's mind boggling that the proprietors of PC won't bring basic functions like this to Xbox.  I *somewhat* understand the leaderboard limitations on things like PCars, but this is just plain stupid. Controllers have it. It cant be that hard to implement it to a wheel.

1 hour ago, Mike4255 said:

I have found a way to do fuel and ERS but it restricts using other options in the MFD, I have mine set as so... on my McLaren Wheel I use the joystick up/ down as Fuel and left/right as ERS, this is down on MFD custom settings.. I then use Voice commands for tyre changes etc. It works but is really inconvenient and restricted..

Interesting, I'll try that. I think I have ERS down as the change view button and ERS up as X. Don't really use Flashback, but it would be nice to have it for care. And since I cant see mirrors or use the stick to look around, I have to have the look back button mapped. There are really some crappy things here. Microsoft is a joke with this stuff, but Codemasters could have done a hell of a lot better with this stuff. They even left out something so basic as cycling the HUD on and off while driving.  

Yep, the spinners, dials etc are completely useless. Still, it is a great wheel. 

Edited by DaleRossi

I just realized we could use the Clutch pedal for at least one button.  Not ideal, but it my free up some space. Maybe set DRS to it. 

Since 99.9% of what I play is wheel involved, it is just making me want to go back to PC for next gen. PC has it's own problems, but at least there aren't limitations. We seriously have about the same support for this stuff that I had on my first wheel with GT 3: A-Spec nearly 20 years ago. 

• Agree 1

I also jumped in and bought a new rim the Formula 2019 Limited edition and got the game for free with the wheel. The biggest joke is that codemasters havnt made the wheel compatible so all extra buttons is useless. 

So a 300 euro+ wheel made for formula 2019 has no more use then any other rim. Its like buying a ferrari with a 1.0 3 cylinder engine.

im on ps4 as i understand its not working on consoles and i believe even PC users need software program to get a work around the issue.

Codemasters remain silent on this issue and fanatec and codemasters e-sport deal looks like a joke. The game even have advertisements around the tracks in game for fanatec.

they should have disclaimers bellow the signs that reads

”limited support of fanatec products”

Edited by Eggmackan
Typo
  • Like 1
  • Agree 3

Agreed that they should be more transparent. 

I thought PS4 had full wheel button mapping support? 

23 minutes ago, DaleRossi said:

I just realized we could use the Clutch pedal for at least one button.  Not ideal, but it my free up some space. Maybe set DRS to it. 

Since 99.9% of what I play is wheel involved, it is just making me want to go back to PC for next gen. PC has it's own problems, but at least there aren't limitations. We seriously have about the same support for this stuff that I had on my first wheel with GT 3: A-Spec nearly 20 years ago. 

Not tried the clutch pedal! Talk about trying to get a work around, Codemasters and Fanatec must be laughing at all this seeing who can make up the best combinations... or is it even them, maybe it IS fine to Microsoft and Sony... what are they afraid of? It could only do them justice and sell more consoles.... or is that the point, leave it off the consoles to sell more PC Rigs, even at my age I would still consider it but what an expense... 1-2k just got a bit of action and fun ..

5 minutes ago, DaleRossi said:

Agreed that they should be more transparent. 

I thought PS4 had full wheel button mapping support? 

Nope.... that was the reason I bought the Multi platform option.. otherwise I would have just changed to PS4 even with its lack of graphics on online community lol

• Agree 1

LOL Mid 40s here and used to be an avid PC player. That brings it's own headaches.  However, it may be time to look at that again. Especially for "next gen."

4 minutes ago, DaleRossi said:

LOL Mid 40s here and used to be an avid PC player. That brings it's own headaches.  However, it may be time to look at that again. Especially for "next gen."

look me up on Xbox Dale if your into , F1 2019 no assists league, Gamertag ...  DinkiD10... 

Edited by Mike4255
Typo
  • Agree 1

Yes I can use the up and down switch left to right  but the rotary dials dont work bulkshit on both sides shame on codemasters and fanatec 

3 hours ago, Mike4255 said:

look me up on Xbox Dale if your into , F1 2019 no assists league, Gamertag ...  DinkiD10... 

Will do. I've got a lot of tracks to learn as well as these cars before I'm competitive. Been in Dirt Rally, Assetto Corsa, and Pcars 2 for a long time. 

For anyone that may be playing a relative long way from the TV/monitor, so you recommend any camera FOV settings for cockpit? I'm at 90 and it feels so-so.

That's another reason for me to go to PC. Get off the sofa and get a legitimate rig. Right now I have a great setup (minus buttons switches not working!), but I am 14 feet from the screen. Not ideal.lol

Regarding Fanatec Formula rim, I knew the buttons and switches didnt work on Xbox. But, I got it anyway and have no regrets. My biggest complaint there is Codemasters could be a lot more accommodating with the HUD/Display. 

I made a post a few days ago. The left multi position switch while set to ENC or AUTO on the wheel settings, can be used for either ERS or Fuel management. No clue as to why the right side one doesn't work at all.

27 minutes ago, DirtDiver25 said:

I made a post a few days ago. The left multi position switch while set to ENC or AUTO on the wheel settings, can be used for either ERS or Fuel management. No clue as to why the right side one doesn't work at all.

What system do you play on?