Jump to content
Scheduled Updates and BETA Shutdown - 06/07/2020 Read more... ×

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Anyone getting the ABS settings on Fanatec to work?

Recommended Posts

In 2019 the ABS settings in the fanatec tuning menu doesnt work ingame.. No vibration when activated.. Someone else having this issue or has found a solution? Im on PS4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I actually got both Throttle and Brake vibrations to work. On PC at least so maybe try it out on PS4. I always run in game Assists off and so last night while doing a race in the rain I decided to turn TC on Medium and now throttle vibration works. So I figured I’d turn ABS assist on and now it works. Seems to be inverted since Throttle Vibration on CSP V3 should be informing you on tire slip. Any other game works perfect with assist off so it seems weird.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, transfix said:

I actually got both Throttle and Brake vibrations to work. On PC at least so maybe try it out on PS4. I always run in game Assists off and so last night while doing a race in the rain I decided to turn TC on Medium and now throttle vibration works. So I figured I’d turn ABS assist on and now it works. Seems to be inverted since Throttle Vibration on CSP V3 should be informing you on tire slip. Any other game works perfect with assist off so it seems weird.

I just got done testing this on PS4.  So it seems that Codies have the vibration functions programmed to the ABS and TC assists.  From what I’ve gathered they only vibrate when those functions kick on.  I wonder if this was intentional or not? I kinda wish they’d work the same with non-assists.  I.e. brake vibration when your tires start to lock-up or accelerator vibration when your tears start to spin from loss of traction.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
35 minutes ago, jrod22145 said:

I just got done testing this on PS4.  So it seems that Codies have the vibration functions programmed to the ABS and TC assists.  From what I’ve gathered they only vibrate when those functions kick on.  I wonder if this was intentional or not? I kinda wish they’d work the same with non-assists.  I.e. brake vibration when your tires start to lock-up or accelerator vibration when your tears start to spin from loss of traction.

Did the motor on the accelerator vibrate on PS4 too? Or just the one on the brake?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

This is how it should function, without the assists on so I find it odd they would do this intentionally.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, SAL_LippiArsenal said:

Did the motor on the accelerator vibrate on PS4 too? Or just the one on the brake?

Yes the accelerator motor vibrates on PS4. It also works on Project Cars 2.

38 minutes ago, transfix said:

This is how it should function, without the assists on so I find it odd they would do this intentionally.

Maybe Codies view the vibrating pedals as an ‘assist’ and feel like it would give us V3 pedal users too much of an advantage over the other types of pedal users that don’t have this functionality I.e g29s, t3pas, CSL elites etc.  I would really like to be able to use it, maybe even tune it a little to start vibrating right before lock-up and at a certain % of tire slip say 5-10% or something.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 hours ago, jrod22145 said:

Yes the accelerator motor vibrates on PS4. It also works on Project Cars 2.

Well, this is something new. In F1 2018 only the motor on the brake pedal worked for me.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, SAL_LippiArsenal said:

Well, this is something new. In F1 2018 only the motor on the brake pedal worked for me.

Just got a response from Marcel from Fanatec over on their forum under the 340 beta driver thread:

Because F1 2019 supports vibration motors natively the ABS feature is deactivated to not interfere with it.

We talked to the GT Sport developers, they are working on native support as well and it seems they did a partially implementation which deactivates ABS but they don't have their telemetry paired yet to activate the vibration motors.

We are investigating if there is a general issue with this feature because it's quite confusing that it works for us in the PS4 main menu which means it's in general working, also firmware versions didn't make a difference in our testing and everything started with a GT Sport update. 

—————————————————————

 

So it seems like PD and Codies have started to actually implement these features.  Unfortunately in Codies case, so far, they’ve only tied them to the ABS and TC assists.  Kind of a bummer, but nice to get a definitive answer and not have to keep stumbling around in the dark searching for an answer!  Petition Codies to allow the use of rumble motors without assists?? Anyone? Lol 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

So it means you have to use TC and ABS in order to activate the vibration motors. While those, who don't use any assists have to live without these features. Good one CM!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
28 minutes ago, jrod22145 said:

Just got a response from Marcel from Fanatec over on their forum under the 340 beta driver thread:

Because F1 2019 supports vibration motors natively the ABS feature is deactivated to not interfere with it.

We talked to the GT Sport developers, they are working on native support as well and it seems they did a partially implementation which deactivates ABS but they don't have their telemetry paired yet to activate the vibration motors.

We are investigating if there is a general issue with this feature because it's quite confusing that it works for us in the PS4 main menu which means it's in general working, also firmware versions didn't make a difference in our testing and everything started with a GT Sport update. 

—————————————————————

 

So it seems like PD and Codies have started to actually implement these features.  Unfortunately in Codies case, so far, they’ve only tied them to the ABS and TC assists.  Kind of a bummer, but nice to get a definitive answer and not have to keep stumbling around in the dark searching for an answer!  Petition Codies to allow the use of rumble motors without assists?? Anyone? Lol 

David Greco just informed me in this post that it's intentional. Check out this topic in the technical assistance forum:

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
41 minutes ago, SAL_LippiArsenal said:

So it means you have to use TC and ABS in order to activate the vibration motors. While those, who don't use any assists have to live without these features. Good one CM!

Right! This could work well without using assists too.  But I think I was right earlier when I said: 

21 hours ago, jrod22145 said:

Maybe Codies view the vibrating pedals as an ‘assist’ and feel like it would give us V3 pedal users too much of an advantage over the other types of pedal users that don’t have this functionality I.e g29s, t3pas, CSL elites etc.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Well here's hoping someone from Codemasters reads this thread and can get the Devs to invert this. This should function with Assists off otherwise it defeats the purpose. When assists are on the pedals shouldn't detect wheel slip or lock up since with TC/ABS on there essentially is none. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, transfix said:

Well here's hoping someone from Codemasters reads this thread and can get the Devs to invert this. This should function with Assists off otherwise it defeats the purpose. When assists are on the pedals shouldn't detect wheel slip or lock up since with TC/ABS on there essentially is none. 

I think David Greco said the ABS motor is supposed to model the feeling you get in the pedal went ABS kicks in.  Where as you don’t feel TC. To be fair you don’t get those sensations through the pedals IRL (lock-up/tire slip) so on one hand you could label it an assist. But I’m with you, they should be able to work with ABS/TC turned off.  Make it another set of assists if you must but please enable the ability to use the motors without the in-game driving aids!

Side note: I don’t and never have tried a pad on the F1 games but doesn’t the Xbox have rubble in the triggers? And doesn’t it start to rumble when you’re about to lock up or when your tires are slipping? I wonder if they changed this  as well so that it only works with ABS/TC turned on as well?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

×