Motorsport Games, Codemasters and FIA World Rallycross Championship presented by Monster Energy partner to create the World RX Esports Invitational Read more... ×

F1 2019 Weekly Event Penalty System Punishes Unfairly

Hello,

today I attempted the weekly event at Austria, after going purple in all of the practice programmes I moved onto qualifying and that’s where the problem begins.

I consider myself reasonably good at this game being in the top 50 or top 10 at almost all tracks in time trial. I set a banker lap time of 1:05:080 at Austria and I was reasonably happy with that for the weekly event, before the end of the session leaving the pits for one last run my game froze, leading me to reset my console and incurring my first penalty, so I gave it another go and midsession my flat had a powercut due to line issues nearby so I lost all progress again, so I gave it one more go and set a 1:05:040 and once my time I had been uploaded to the leaderboards it was over 1:06:000... 

Can somebody please tell me how a penalty system like this is fair? I understand the system if it’s your own fault but when something is out of your own control the same rules shouldn’t apply. Is there some way to reset my time or? My time trial times at Austria on my account will vouch for me also. 

Thanks 

• Disagree 1

How should this work? So everyone who think he could make a better time, will contact Codemasters and say his console or pc had a failure and it's not his fault. That's impossible.

I will not judge your situation. If it's not your fault than it's really bad luck, but Codemasters can't do anything.

• Agree 2

Yeah unfortunately that's just what the mode does and you get 1 shot like IRL. If a driver on track is to do 1 lap and that lap is wrecked by a yellow or red flag because a crocodile was on track it's tough. It's supposed to give you that sense of pressure if getting it right the 1st time with anything out of your hands that could happen.

• Agree 2

19 minutes ago, martbloke said:

Yeah unfortunately that's just what the mode does and you get 1 shot like IRL. If a driver on track is to do 1 lap and that lap is wrecked by a yellow or red flag because a crocodile was on track it's tough. It's supposed to give you that sense of pressure if getting it right the 1st time with anything out of your hands that could happen.

Your comparisons are completely valid and I agree with everything you’ve said but I actually set a lap time, multiple times.. In real life it’d be like having your lap taken away from you for setting it too early in the session for example, even though you did everything right. A big difference from you messing it up or a red flag etc. Codemasters won’t be able to do anything, yet I think they could of implemented this better like giving you one try every 24 hours or each time you retry it the qualifying session time gets cut down, idk. I just don’t agree with being punished for things that are out of your own control. That’s all. 

• Disagree 1

1 minute ago, ObiWanMaHomie said:

Your comparisons are completely valid and I agree with everything you’ve said but I actually set a lap time, multiple times.. In real life it’d be like having your lap taken away from you for setting it too early in the session for example, even though you did everything right. A big difference from you messing it up or a red flag etc. Codemasters won’t be able to do anything, yet I think they could of implemented this better like giving you one try every 24 hours or each time you retry it the qualifying session time gets cut down, idk. I just don’t agree with being punished for things that are out of your own control. That’s all. 

It's fair to feel like that but (and I don't mean this horribly), that's life. You get to run as many times as you can in the 1 qualifying session. Doing it like you suggested means you might as well have it as a time trial. 

This way is to deter that and feel like you are in a race weekend where you get 1 shot at everything in those times sessions. There's no feeling of pressure if you can keep doing it with no pressure - trial and error way. 1 week you'll be on it an no one will get near you another something may happen and you'll be nowhere near competing - it's a great feature.

• Agree 1

7 minutes ago, martbloke said:

It's fair to feel like that but (and I don't mean this horribly), that's life. You get to run as many times as you can in the 1 qualifying session. Doing it like you suggested means you might as well have it as a time trial. 

This way is to deter that and feel like you are in a race weekend where you get 1 shot at everything in those times sessions. There's no feeling of pressure if you can keep doing it with no pressure - trial and error way. 1 week you'll be on it an no one will get near you another something may happen and you'll be nowhere near competing - it's a great feature.

Like I previously said I agree with everything you’ve said, you are right. Yes, what happened to me was out of my control and yes that’s just how life goes sometimes. However, I’m still going to be frustrated by it if I didn’t do anything wrong and I can’t think of anybody who wouldn’t be. 

Edited by ObiWanMaHomie
  • Agree 1

7 minutes ago, ObiWanMaHomie said:

Like I previously said I agree with everything you’ve said, you are right. Yes, what happened to me was out of my control and yes that’s just how life goes sometimes. However, I’m still going to be frustrated by it if I didn’t do anything wrong and I can’t think of anybody who wouldn’t be. 

Nope I totally get that and I would be too 👍

there is something wrong in the weekly event i think. 

i set a 1.06.664 and when the session was over my time in the ranking is a 1.07.796.

very strange, so i set i new time, a 1.06.796 and at the end of the session its again a 1.07.796. 

look at mrddevil. 

20190702_121204.jpg

20190702_122049.jpg

Anyone know how much time you lose if you retry one time?

I was abducted and probed after setting a record lap and never had a chance to register the time. 

Actually, I choked and wonder if it is worth trying again. 😕

@DaleRossi

i think it’s more like .25 to .3 from reading other people complaining about getting a penalty on this forum & other people responding that they should have been paying attention to the fact that u will get a penalty for retrying a quali. Good luck. 

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Getts0388 said:

@DaleRossi

i think it’s more like .25 to .3 from reading other people complaining about getting a penalty on this forum & other people responding that they should have been paying attention to the fact that u will get a penalty for retrying a quali. Good luck. 

Ha! Ok that sounds about right. Thanks. 

Makes me wonder if you can sandbag the qualifying and then destroy the lobby you are in.  Meaning, how much does Qualifying affect the final scoring?

I managed a top 1% time in quali, but got a 5 place grid penalty during practice. I spun off and the car behind hit me.. great. It's my first event so I'm kinda clueless what happens next. Until reading this post I thought I'd be racing the AI 🙄

Also, I completed the qualification practice programme in the second practice session, but for whatever reason it showed as "not completed" when I got into the third session.

Pretty much done with Weekly. Having AI in it is ridiculous. 2 of the 3 past races, I've had AI run me off the track. 

Starting in the front of the grid at pole is usually great, but not with the garbage.