tips for next rally game

1) pure rally sim, without other contour disciplines;

2) to overcome the lack of a WRC license, consider the most famous rallies we have in Europe, both on land and on asphalt, for example ERC Championships;

3)special stage reproduction in laser scan, without making the mistake of reproducing only 2 long special stages, then divided into 2 shorter ones, even if they are traveled in both directions of travel generates only boredom! ideal are 4/5 different special stages at each rally, of medium length, with their repetition in the opposite direction;

3) variable weather in the race;

4)improve career mode, hire engineers by unpreparing their skills as on the first DR and the second DR makes little sense. we should introduce a tree of skills and competences for mechanics, engineers, team managers, weather ... taking as an example some formula1 game or the next WRC8, so that everything influences for better or worse during the career;

5) improve the degradation of land and tires;

6) improve the physics of asphalt, possibly introducing very bumpy asphalt, not always smooth as a motorway;

7) introduce REAL hardcore damage. It's too easy to bring a rally car at the end of the special stage, it needs a (really) hardcore damage system, not just written on paper. get too long in a bend, crash into a guardrail. a wall, a tree should be enough to break a suspension, a radiator, a steering arm, the detachment of a wheel, preventing the race from continuing. Hard relics damage would change the perception of danger, thus lowering the speed of the race, currently too high to be similar to the real;

8 ) take care of the FFB;

9) simulation means to simulate the weather condition as much as possible. at night, it must really be night, it must be dark. don't see the **** we see on DR2.0 where at midnight the clear sky is as clear as in the morning.;

10) at the start of the special stage add a clock on a tripod with countdown, more real;

11) subdivide the historical cars by FIA grouping, not by historical period;

12) the puncture must be reported to real values. 1'30 "as on the first DR, not these ridiculous 30" in DR2.0;

13) getting out of the road must be more hardcore, going out on a slope, for example in a Montecarlo, must cost the abandonment from the immediate race due to serious damage to the car (as on the first DR);

........do you have other important things in mind? 

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, ale81udine said:

1) pure rally sim, without other contour disciplines;

2) to overcome the lack of a WRC license, consider the most famous rallies we have in Europe, both on land and on asphalt, for example ERC Championships;

3)special stage reproduction in laser scan, without making the mistake of reproducing only 2 long special stages, then divided into 2 shorter ones, even if they are traveled in both directions of travel generates only boredom! ideal are 4/5 different special stages at each rally, of medium length, with their repetition in the opposite direction;

3) variable weather in the race;

4)improve career mode, hire engineers by unpreparing their skills as on the first DR and the second DR makes little sense. we should introduce a tree of skills and competences for mechanics, engineers, team managers, weather ... taking as an example some formula1 game or the next WRC8, so that everything influences for better or worse during the career;

5) improve the degradation of land and tires;

6) improve the physics of asphalt, possibly introducing very bumpy asphalt, not always smooth as a motorway;

7) introduce REAL hardcore damage. It's too easy to bring a rally car at the end of the special stage, it needs a (really) hardcore damage system, not just written on paper. get too long in a bend, crash into a guardrail. a wall, a tree should be enough to break a suspension, a radiator, a steering arm, the detachment of a wheel, preventing the race from continuing. Hard relics damage would change the perception of danger, thus lowering the speed of the race, currently too high to be similar to the real;

8 ) take care of the FFB;

9) simulation means to simulate the weather condition as much as possible. at night, it must really be night, it must be dark. don't see the **** we see on DR2.0 where at midnight the clear sky is as clear as in the morning.;

10) at the start of the special stage add a clock on a tripod with countdown, more real;

11) subdivide the historical cars by FIA grouping, not by historical period;

12) the puncture must be reported to real values. 1'30 "as on the first DR, not these ridiculous 30" in DR2.0;

13) getting out of the road must be more hardcore, going out on a slope, for example in a Montecarlo, must cost the abandonment from the immediate race due to serious damage to the car (as on the first DR);

........do you have other important things in mind? 

Hello friend, it seems to me that you are an RBR player, however I agree in some parts about your suggestions, but they all deserve attention and of course be introduced in the game with the democratic help of the community, there is a topic that I would very much like you to look at, and give your opinion. = D Hugs ...

Edited by diogotilim
  • Agree 1

Posted (edited)

yes,I ran on RBR world, I had the opportunity to use rally cars on the track, 20 years of experience in reconnaissance, before the special stages.

I follow about 40 rallies every year, wrc, ERC,  italian and slovenian  champioships .

only a very good modern sim rally is missing

Edited by ale81udine
  • Thanks 1

16 minutes ago, ale81udine said:

yes,I ran on RBR world, I had the opportunity to use rally cars on the track, 20 years of experience in reconnaissance, before the special stages.

I follow about 40 rallies every year, wrc, ERC,  italian and slovenian  champioships .

only a very good modern sim rally is missing

look I've played RBR for about 5 years, but I do not know if you've read the topic I posted the link, but anyway I believe that the only way to have at least a rally simulator with a high quality competitive is we have a game service like iracing, and for this we have to unite, to try and start a campaign in kickstart, to encourage the codemaster is to go this route!

my thought is one: codemasters must follow the part of the community (minority) that is really passionate about rallies and has certain skills with which to participate with their own feedback. racing games are ruined, not just the racing games lately, when a software house listens to the worst part of a community, people who are not passionate but who, ultimately, only bring profit. this is not the way, we must focus on quality not just selling. it is also true that in order to have a decent racing sim there is need of higher computing power, currently only one pc can have this, you have to wait for future consoles. once you exit PS5 etc, there will be no excuse.

• Like 1

sincerely I believe that if we, "the competitive community of virtural rally", and I say this because I know how much is divided, especially the widows of RBR, who today are divided between the Czech, French, Italian and Hungarian plugin with the objective to have a rally simulator as a service, the same is the iracing, and convince the codemaster to start a project in the kickstart, hence we will see who is actually in love with onlne rally competitions, or only by a specific simulator, "RBR", and I speak of the codemaster because it is being the company that but of the attention to the community, make the game that for me already surpassed the RBR in several aspects, less in the physics, and I believe that it just did not surpass in the physics still because the hardcore community prefers to die embraces with the RBR than trying something new! But finally I hope to count on your collaboration, in this political journey of trying to convince the competitive community, at least to discuss this matter, and sincerely I will not give up because I love rally competition.

"Laser scanning" is not magic - take that from someone who scanned objects for a video game. If there was a magic workaround to producing a large amount of stages, I'm sure CM would use it already. Actual solutions include modding, some sort of a stage editor and/or stage randomizer. I would really like to see some effort put into a very robust stage editor (with track modeling, rather than pre-made pieces) and then using that system to randomize stages.

• Like 4