Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Finally completely turned off TC

Only took 10 years of F1 gameplay with a controller to do so.

I don't know how you guys play like this, it's really annoying with a controller. I don't feel like I have the same finger control in order to keep acceleration constant. Not as fun so far either 😞

I need some tips. I thought turning TC off would help tire wear, and it didn't. Ran the tire program and got purple like I usually do but the tire wear is still worse. Any tips?

I also need to get faster, any tips for that as well?

To be fair, even on a steering wheel with pedal setup, I drove awfully with TC off when I was first learning how to do it.  I don't see how it would be any different with the gamepad, but it didn't become natural immediately or anything as it involves unlearning bad habits.  Basically instead of immediately mashing throttle to 100% of a corner, which the assist basically lets you do, you need to apply a little throttle and guage how the car reacts.  If it is stable you can then proceed to mashing to 100% relatively quickly, if it's unstable you started accelerating too much at the wrong time and proceeding into further acceleration causes you to easily spin around.  Even having been using a steering wheel for the past 3 years after getting use to this I will spin around periodically. 

I applaud your efforts though, it took me a while of juggling between turning TC on off and back on again before I eventually got myself to turn it off and leave it off.  Now it feels extremely weird and 'too easy' with it on, I like the extra thrill of the challenge of being able to so easily lose control.  It happens in real life also, makes me career races look a lot more authentic.  

Upshifting early can also help offset the need to being ultra gentle on the throttle, but also modifying the throttle saturation setting to allow for more granularity through the earlier phases of the trigger press can be of great use.  I recall tweaking that with my pedals when learning though when f1 2017 and 2018 came out I got so use to it I left the saturation at default.