Jump to content Jump to content

The game crashes are getting ridiculous

TheFBLP

I drive 100% races in Career and I just Finished the Spa GP in 7th and in the Screen when they would be showing the Finishing Table the game crashed. I am at least hoping that the game Safed and I would be sent to the Data Center so I could start the Italian Grand Prix. and then I saw this ( The second Picture that is attached shows I actually finished the race that Bug normally occurs when finishing the Race. What I wanted to address is: Please Codemasters let the game safe when the Race finished so If the game crashes people aren't screwed and frustrated

20190701185825_1.jpg

20190701185444_1.jpg

1 hour ago, TheFBLP said:

I drive 100% races in Career and I just Finished the Spa GP in 7th and in the Screen when they would be showing the Finishing Table the game crashed. I am at least hoping that the game Safed and I would be sent to the Data Center so I could start the Italian Grand Prix. and then I saw this ( The second Picture that is attached shows I actually finished the race that Bug normally occurs when finishing the Race. What I wanted to address is: Please Codemasters let the game safe when the Race finished so If the game crashes people aren't screwed and frustrated

20190701185825_1.jpg

20190701185444_1.jpg

Are you using DX12 as I found it very stable using DX11?

Having same problem on xbox s on lap 6 at silverstone and the screen just went black it was bit weird how it done it . Then gets to hungary the game crashes starts making an buzzing noise and that happend around lap 6 

DX11 is far more stable.  I would use it until patches / graphics cards updates.  I’m guessing you are Nvidia and possibly even 1070?  That’s what most people seem to be having an issue with including myself but touch wood DX11 hasn’t crashed for me once

Hi there,

I've moved your thread into the Technical Assistance forum so that it's in the right place.

It looks like you're on PC? Could you take a look at our Known Issues list to check if any of them apply to you? If you're still having issues after that, please try validating your game: 

Validating F1 2019 downloaded correctly

• Open Steam and go to the Library tab
  • Right click on F1 2019 and select Properties
  • Go to the Local Files tab and click Verify Integrity Of Game Files

If you've not tried running the game in DX11, please try running the game in DX11 instead of DX12.

If that doesn't work, can you try lowering your graphic settings to see if that does anything?

If it’s still crashing, please try running the game in safe mode.

1. Right-click on the F1 2019 game in the Steam Library and select Properties
  2. Press the "Set Launch Options..." button on the first tab.
  3. Enter -safemode into the text box and press OK to confirm.
  4. Launch the game.

Let us know if you can run the game in safemode.

If it's still crashing after that, can you grab any crash dumps you have, your DXDiag and hardware settings and send them to us so we can take a further look? This thread here has all the info for how to get these and you can send them to us at community@codemasters.com. Thanks!

Archived