Sign in to follow this  

Hello! I am Mark, the new Community Manager, Ask Me (Almost) Anything?!

Hello there!

I’m Mark, and I am the new Community Manager here at Codemasters! I’m super excited to get stuck in and get myself into this great community but before that, a little about me!

First and foremost, I’m a hugely passionate gamer and have been playing games almost all of my life, with racing games being a huge chunk of that. I’m also a massive racing fan, whether it’s F1, Rally, Le Mans Prototypes, MotoGP and everything in between and I hope the combination of my love of games and my love of all things racing will mean that we all have something to chat about!

It’s incredibly exciting for me to be able to work here at Codemasters. As many of you know, some of the best racing games from the years gone by (and the years to come!) have been created within these very walls, so to be able to share in the excitement surrounding the games is something I very much look forward to.

This is just a short intro from me, just to say hello to you all and to say I really look forward to chatting with you all about games, about racing and about everything else we can think of!

If anyone wants to get in touch, you can follow me over on Twitter LiteralZero where I’m pretty much always reachable; I will also be here in the forums hanging out and spending as much time here as possible.

I thought it might be cool to give you guys an opportunity to get to know me a little better so I’ll do a little Ask Me Anything. I’ll answer as much as I can about me and what I do but keep in mind it’s only my second day... And @justbiglee has already told me I can’t tell you anything about DiRT or F1 yet so don’t ask :P

And @justbiglee has already told me I can’t tell you anything about DiRT or F1 yet so don’t ask :P

Not sure you'll get any questions then :smiley: although the third one of the current questions relates to when the Steam version of DiRT3 will be released :p

Anyway pleased to meet you, and I bet Lee is happy to have a new wingman on these crazy forums!

All my questions are about the F1 and Dirt but welcome to the team.  I hope you can help Codemasters get turned around.

And @justbiglee has already told me I can’t tell you anything about DiRT or F1 yet so don’t ask :P

Not sure you'll get any questions then :smiley: although the third one of the current questions relates to when the Steam version of DiRT3 will be released :p

Anyway pleased to meet you, and I bet Lee is happy to have a new wingman on these crazy forums!
I am the Goose to @justbiglee's Maverick, I guess? 

Scratch that, I'm Iceman! Thanks 
;) 

OGFedfan said:
All my questions are about the F1 and Dirt but welcome to the team.  I hope you can help Codemasters get turned around.
Thanks bud! Look forward to getting stuck in to it all! 

I am the Goose to @justbiglee's Maverick, I guess? 

Scratch that, I'm Iceman! Thanks  ;) 
No.

Welcome @LiteralZero / Mark.

What are your duties, areas of responsibility, & goals as a CodeMasters Community Manager?

Just wondering when I'll either get a refund or a working download for games I've already paid for!  It is bad enough to lose all the time spent leveling up - but now I cannot play Dirt 3 at all!

I see and read all this talk about GFWL, but as a consumer - that's not my problem!  I just want software that I PAID GOOD MONEY FOR to work.  Is that too much to ask?

Really makes me hesitant to buy any more games this way....when I can't own a playable LOCAL copy!

Just wondering when I'll either get a refund or a working download for games I've already paid for!  It is bad enough to lose all the time spent leveling up - but now I cannot play Dirt 3 at all!

I see and read all this talk about GFWL, but as a consumer - that's not my problem!  I just want software that I PAID GOOD MONEY FOR to work.  Is that too much to ask?

Really makes me hesitant to buy any more games this way....when I can't own a playable LOCAL copy!

Really????

Anyways, welcome Mark!

I think that @Operator1 's comment wraps up all my questions for now,
I hope you can help @justbiglee out with this big plan of his.

Best of luck and I'll see you around!

(I'll be watching your twitter feed for possible DiRTy gossip :wink: )

Hi Chris, DiRT 3 in it's current state with GFWL built in does still work. If you're having problems getting it up and running the best thing to do would be to contact custserv@codemasters.com with some details about the spec of your rig and your OS and they'll be able to get you up and running.

fIsince08 said:
Hi Mark! Will you be stopping by often?
Hey! I'm going to try and be spending as much time as I can on these forums helping out and chatting with you all! :)

Operator1 said:

Welcome @LiteralZero / Mark.

What are your duties, areas of responsibility, & goals as a CodeMasters Community Manager?

Hey there! 

For the immediate future while I'm still getting settled in, I'm going to be learning as much as I can and getting up to speed with where we are at. 

One of my first goals as a Community Manager here is to help make this community a great place to be excited about the products that we are making and to have you guys be as excited as we are going forward, which I know we all can be. 

What is the meaning of life? Lol someone had to :)
At this very moment in time, as I've just sat down at my desk. My cup of tea is, and maybe some cake? 

:smiley: :smiley: 

Really????

Anyways, welcome Mark!

I think that @Operator1 's comment wraps up all my questions for now,
I hope you can help @justbiglee out with this big plan of his.

Best of luck and I'll see you around!

(I'll be watching your twitter feed for possible DiRTy gossip :wink: )
Thanks! 

Yeah, first and foremost I just want for all of us to be as excited about the games that we make and games themselves! 

I have seen @justbiglee's plan, and I'm super excited to do what I can to help with it. It's pretty exciting stuff!

I'm always about on Twitter so I look forward to catching you lurking :wink: 

We've talked about the dev diaries before, but they are a great opportunity IMO to release information to keep people interested without having to release any information on a specific game. You could talk about suspension modelling, engine power, audio, graphics, the list goes on and on.

The other thing is they give you the opportunity to help people understand how complex things can be in game development. For example a lot of the time where there are bugs, people who don't understand development think, why don't they just do blah to fix them, and the reason is that anyone who does this sort of dev knows that it is never quite as simple as just changing one thing without it impacting on other things, and that often in fixing one problem you create a whole load of others. Although the casual users that play the game are probably not interested in stuff like this, the sim dedicated people are more interested in the detail.

So Mark how did you force Luke and Ben out then? Blackmail? You better not have anything on @justbiglee he's ours!

(I am of course joking, good luck remaining calm and restrained with some of the members on here, particularly in that F1 forum)

So Mark how did you force Luke and Ben out then? Blackmail? You better not have anything on @justbiglee he's ours!

(I am of course joking, good luck remaining calm and restrained with some of the members on here, particularly in that F1 forum)

There was no forcing involved, I promise!  ;)

I've enjoyed my first 3 days so I'll keep this trend going. :smiley:

I'm having trouble linking racenet to my ps3. The link goes to load then goes to a white screen and does not load. Is there any answers to this problem?

hey everyone im new to the forums and im having trouble finding live forums to talk to people about stuff where do i go?