Sign in to follow this  

2015 Formula 1 Petronas Malaysia Grand Prix

Britpoint said:
Well, if they can keep their current rate of improvement going, they'll be winning by Monaco! It could happen.. right? XD
Monaco 2018

VetteIfan said:
Its a great track, but I've already got a feeling the race will be a borefest. The forecast is for scattered thunderstorms on Sunday, but that's the forecast for pretty much every day in Malaysia so it just depends on when and not if it hits. 

I'll go out on a limb and predict a Merc win. 
Unfortunately I seem to remember the Malaysian GP is always a bit of a borefest too! 2007, 2008, 2010, 2011, 2014, they were all dull in my opinion.

However, remember a load of us answered 20 questions before the season with some predictions? Well for question 18, the most entertaining race, I chose Malaysia!

18. What will be the most entertaining race of the year?
Malaysia, cos why not

Don't let me down Sepang!

Well it can't be much worse than Austrtalia that was a borefest not too sure I'll be watching to many gp this year if they all start being like that tbh.
If the Mercs lap most of the field again in Malaysia then i guess a lot of fans will start to turn away from the sport.

tbh I wasn't analysing it from the fact the Mercs ran off and hid because to be honest I was kind of expecting that. I was referring to the rest of the field as there wasn't any challenges being laid down or any scraps really going on at all in that race. The only interesting fight going on really was the one between Button and Perez and that didn't last that long when they were fighting over last place. I think the race in Malaysia based on qualifying will be more interesting though given it is more mixed up thanks to the rain.

I won't. Even when Red Bull dominated I carried on watching, and now with Merc dominating I'll still keep watching. It's F1, the best damn sport on the planet! I'd still rather watch a boring F1 race with hardly any overtakes than watch Tennis or Golf or any other sport :)

Thankfully we don't get to many like that anyway besides I have a good feeling the race will be moer interesting than Aus. I think every sport has the odd stinker of an event where it's not as entertaining even football does. For now I'm just putting that race as one of them and hoping for something better in Swampa Lumpur :p

Good start from Lewis, So glad Vettel managed to hang on to 2nd place. And things just get worse for Kimi, and yet again it's because of a Sauber.

Hmm Vettel is flying, Mercs not looking as fast as people thought. Wish I bet on him to win, could've made a nice profit.

Always a great story to see backmarkers get points against all odds imo.

Button p10 at the moment :D I'm 5 minutes behind, as I paused it while making a coffee.

Enjoyed the race, until Eddie Jordan started the interviews, his voice makes my ears bleed :#

It's like watching Schumacher all over again. The German anthem followed by the Italian one, the against all odds-win.

Congratulations to Ferrari for having built an amazing car which treats its tyres well.

Congratulations to Seb Vettel for winning his first race with Ferrari in the style of a 4 times World Drivers Champion.

Congratulations to our Seb for watching the finger after 1,5 years of silence and despair. Told ya this would be a very good season for you. ;)

Forgive me while I enjoy this moment. 

YYYYYYYYYYYYYYEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS!!!!

16 months of F1 misery have all just been made up for today. What a drive. What a car. I always had faith in Ferrari  ;)

I could be right when I said the Malaysia Grand Prix will be the most exciting race of the season! But seriously, I am kinda pleased that Seb won today, a nice change from the Mercedes dominance. The safety car made that race what is was though I think, with the different strategies. I'll probably write a longer post later but what a race!

Good race, definitely enjoyed it! If these three can have more races like that but even closer for the rest of the year we'll be in for a season, one that makes a lot of people happy :p 

Still, lucky win ;) And only his second race, shoddy stuff Vettel, Alonso and Kimi did it in their first Ferrari races ;)

This 2nd place for Lewis feels better than the 1st place in Australia given that

a) he didn't have the outright best car today
b) he missed 1 1/2 practice sessions which hampered his setup-work and weekend
c) his car was eating its tyres and he still managed them well

Plus I think his reaction after the race was extremely mature and fair. I don't count whatever he said during the race through the radio as it's always going to be more emotional.

This 2nd place for Lewis feels better than the 1st place in Australia given that

a) he didn't have the outright best car today
b) he missed 1 1/2 practice sessions which hampered his setup-work and weekend
c) his car was eating its tyres and he still managed them well

Plus I think his reaction after the race was extremely mature and fair. I don't count whatever he said during the race through the radio as it's always going to be more emotional.
After hearing his interviews after the race, I don't think this race was really representative of Ferrari's actual pace. Hamilton said the tyres felt pretty bad throughout the race, and that the options were only a bit better, the fact that quite often he was quicker than Vettel from anywhere between 1.2 and 0.5 at times on tyres he wasn't happy with still says Merc have a decent advantage to me.

Even so, Ferrari were extremely good today, definitely a deserved win.

yeah good race today much better than Aus . Hopefully this sets the trend for the rest of the season because if it does it could be epic.

Wow really a great race. Great battles up and down the field. So excited for Ferrari... It just feels more like F1 when Ferrari are winning. Hopefully this means the championship battle will be more interesting than last year.