Safety car is still a mess

Thanks to agresive ai sometimes there are big accidents in middle of the circuit but after crash destroyed cars are disappering and nothing happens.

Its nice that 2 years of work are not wasted. 

• Agree 7

Yes you would of thought with career been pretty much the same as last year the would of inproved the features that were in it . But from the looks of ig career was truly an copy and paste no time spent on it what so ever and what the did add to it doesnt work propley upto spa and not an sc or vsc yet 

• Agree 1

Posted (edited)

I have had the safety car out on a few occasions.  However it seems to be dependent on where YOU are in relation to the crash / retirement as to if the SC comes out.  Let me explain race 1 Australia-  I restarted the race about a million times each time tweaking a little bit of set up to see cause and effect ... anyway I digress.  One of the AI retired at pit lane exit lap 10 every single race (it’s scripted). Right here is the irritating bit.  If I was in the pit lane behind that car by a certain distance (let’s say half that pit straight) the safety car would come out.  If I pitted lap 11 and therefore was in front of the retiring AI by more than half the pit straight the safety car would not come out.  Obviously this is not right it shouldn’t matter where I am on track compared to the incident it should only matter if it is SC worthy.  The AI retiring into the pit lane exit area whilst pit stops were being undertaken by other AI should have forced the SC out.  

Edited by Acerees
  • Agree 4

I didn't even know when was the last time I saw a safety car in f1 games I remember in 2016 2017 had them but in 2018 and 2019 not so far. I have sometimes VSC but that's it.

• Thanks 1
  • Agree 4

Don't know if anyone else did, but somehow I got a safety car in the pre-career F2 Abu Dhabi race.

Only done the one F1 career race so far, but there was a 5 car pile-up after the fast left-right chicane at Melbourne...guess what, no safety car or VSC.

• Sad 1
  • Agree 1

I've seen him several times! Even in 2019!

in online ranked lobbies, driving extremely slow on track on the racing line 🤣

• Agree 1

I play 100% races and I see a safety car probably in 50% of my races.

hello, I'm seen no SC at the moment she and well activated 50% race damage simulation ia 90. I sent several message to CM meaning never answers!  I find it very disappointing that in two years of development he can not solve the problem!  It's not complicated.  the SC for F1 2016 was the best she was real and deprives anything is catastrophic.

@Faya

repair it please it is very disturbing knowing that has the option for activation then it and activated and it does not work.  to remove the SC if he and it is so that his march not to be broken.

• Agree 2
  • Disagree 4

10 hours ago, BiohazardBGR said:

I didn't even know when was the last time I saw a safety car in f1 games I remember in 2016 2017 had them but in 2018 and 2019 not so far. I have sometimes VSC but that's it.

Last time i get Safety car it was in F1 2017. F1 2018 i did 4 seasons without the SC. So Codemasters how many seasons do you want me to do without the safety car?

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Gragooni said:

Last time i get Safety car it was in F1 2017. F1 2018 i did 4 seasons without the SC. So Codemasters how many seasons do you want me to do without the safety car?

O, man, this is bad, I play f1 2018 season now and I'm in Monza and no single safety car so far in the season. I remember f1 2016 have plenty of SC and if a car hit a wall or spin and broke SC go out every time. Now a massive crash and no problem track clear. I was able to call it if I stop on the track and block all of the cars but this is absurd.

• Agree 1

Sorry I don't get either why codemasters can't update their model to the current, or even safety car of last year or even 2 years ago. It is no longer the amg gts it is the amg gtr!

• Agree 1

I had a situation when someone just retired due to failure and SC got deployed immediately. Also, I very often get VSC on the 1st lap of Monaco when in the Grand Hotel Hairpin all the cars are bunched up and go slowly just because there are too much of them. Same situation in F1 2018. Kinda funny.

Posted (edited)
43 minutes ago, MateLeLe120 said:

I had a situation when someone just retired due to failure and SC got deployed immediately. Also, I very often get VSC on the 1st lap of Monaco when in the Grand Hotel Hairpin all the cars are bunched up and go slowly just because there are too much of them. Same situation in F1 2018. Kinda funny.

Sometimes I cause a collision to spice the race and even then no SC one time I drive in the opposite direction and no problem 😄. Last night in spa Vettel tries to pass me we bang wheels and he lost control go to the wall his car was total wreck pieces everywhere and noting 10 seconds later I got a message. Seb has a problem with the car and retired 😄 Poor Seb no SC even for the champ.

Edited by BiohazardBGR

We have safety cars enabled on most league races (AOR IRL etc) but there is no point as it never comes out at all.

Hi all,

Thanks for your feedback on this. I'll be passing your comments back to the team. 

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 2
  • Agree 4

Posted (edited)
11 minutes ago, TruckGame said:

We have safety cars enabled on most league races (AOR IRL etc) but there is no point as it never comes out at all.

Thank you Faya@ I'm thinking that the SC in past games was scripted to be in almost any race but now is not out when a crash happens. I don't remember a crash happen very often with the current  AI. I'm not sure because I see collisions occur and nothing happens no SC. You can drive into the broken cars and they stay like a ghost in the track. The only way I find to have SC is to block the track but crashes don't trigger it. Maybe we need more chance of a crash during the races especially the race stars or some tracks like Monaco or Baku. 

Edited by BiohazardBGR

5 minutes ago, tarrantino said:

New year, same old story. 

This is a common issue with early releases or games developed simultaneously. Even the bugs are fixed the newer game because lacking a year don't have the updates most of the tame so 2019 have the same bugs like 2018 on launch.

• Agree 1

@Fayathe last time you said that it was worse!  give back SC F1 2016. a SC crash an abandonment on the edge of the SC or VSC track.  the F1 2016 was the top

• Disagree 4

I agree, F1 2016 is and was the best game. I'm playing this game right now, because the F1 2017 and F1 2018 are totally bad. at f1 2016 I do not have to annoy me. sorry for my bad enlish..googletranslater.

Today was the first time in 4 editions I had a bugged SC. Basically it came out, but then everyone could just pass it without penalties and you didn’t have to slow down. Of course AI would slow down behind them leading to some weird situations including some broken wings. Safety car kept driving the track till the end of the race 

46 minutes ago, Koekenbakker28 said:

Today was the first time in 4 editions I had a bugged SC. Basically it came out, but then everyone could just pass it without penalties and you didn’t have to slow down. Of course AI would slow down behind them leading to some weird situations including some broken wings. Safety car kept driving the track till the end of the race 

Sounds like a bed bug, this needs fixing indeed SC and VSC are very important part of the game and total immersion breaker if not working properly.

7 hours ago, Blandyy said:

It is no longer the amg gts it is the amg gtr!

What difference does that make if it won't even appear 😂

I've yet to get any kind of Safety atm... but then, I've not done much career and only the one proper online race that should admittedly have had at least a VSC or two.