Sign in to follow this  

Circuit Alterations 2015

I made a thread similar to this last year, so I'm going to use this thread to talk about changes to the circuits, from F1 2014 to real life this season. I'll also post side by side images of F1 2014 and real life this season to make it easier to follow.

Some of these things are really small and they include branding placements, service roads, etc, but some are important such as kerbs. If any of you spot any other changes then be sure to post about it too!

Melbourne, Australia
When referring to corner numbers, I am using them as seen on this track map.

1 - T3: The inside kerb is now yellow and green, without ‘UBS’ branding as in F1 2014.

2 - Entry to T5: There is now ‘Pirelli’ branding all the way along the outside wall.

3 - T5: There’s a little white service road just after the apex of the corner.

4 - T6: The inside kerb is now completely yellow and green, without ‘UBS’ branding as in F1 2014. Also, the inside wall has ‘Pirelli’ branding all the way along it, while it is blank in F1 2014.

5 - T8: There is brief ‘Fly Emirates’ branding on the outside wall just before the ‘Pirelli’ bridge, but it was all ‘Pirelli’ branding in F1 2014.

6 - Entry to T9: There are three ‘Fly Emirates’ boards on the inside of the run up to T9, while there was nothing before in F1 2014.

7 - T9: There’s a small yellow sausage kerb on the apex, and the inside kerb is now yellow and green, without ‘UBS’ branding as in F1 2014. (Also, all previous ‘UBS’ branding on the edges of the circuit are now ‘Fly Emirates’, including the bridge just after T10).

8 - Long right hander after T10: The inside wall now has ‘Melbourne’ branding and not ‘UBS’ as in F1 2014.

9 - Entry to T11: The bridge is now ‘Melbourne’ and not ‘Pirelli’, and the outside wall has ‘Melbourne’ branding.

10 - T11: There is ‘Qantas’ branding on the inside wall of the corner which also continues around that wall, and not ‘UBS’.

11 - T12: The inside kerb is now yellow and green, without ‘UBS’ branding, and there is a green strip on the inside of that too which clearly defines the corner.

12 - T13: There is ‘Melbourne’ branding on the inside wall and not ‘Qantas’.

13 - T13: The inside kerb is now yellow and green, without ‘UBS’ branding as in F1 2014.

14 - There’s also the odd occasion on the lap where there was a white concrete wall. All of them are green now.

Also the run from turn 12-13 that little link halfway down the straight there are little red grandstands that are 3 rows hight that a lot of people including me sat this year and watchedthe cars, on every f1 game there are only a handful of people there, also turn 9-10 hill there are hundreds of people on there and the run up to T11 is just stacked with people yet there isnt many people on the games

This is actually really nicely done. Will be interesting to see comparisons at other circuits too. Always adds to the authenticity!

also the straight between T10 an T11 on the right side against the wall in real life theres no grass but on the game theres grass before the barrier

Great thread. I hope CM will follow, it will only help them out giving us the best game they possibly can.