Racestart with PS4 Controller

Can someone tell me how I get in F1 2019 with the PS4 controller a good race start?

I just can not get it and after the start every half of the field pulls past me.

The tires are always turning around like this because you can never regulate the gas as with a steering wheel and pedals.

• Like 1

Try using absolutely no TC at all, hold around 11000 rpm - 11300 rpm before the lights are out (around 20% - 30% throttle input at the start i guess) and then gradually increase throttle input (modulate the throttle slowly til you feel you can give 100% input), shortshifting might also help to reduce tyre slip as well (quickly shift up to 2nd and or 3rd gear) and of course a reduced on-throttle differential (anything below 70% diff. should be alright).

GP mode in the Single Player section is the perfect place to practice race starts, do as many restarts as you want and get a feeling for it, make sure to have a appropriate AI difficulty set to your own median race pace (AI teammate should not be faster or slower than 3 tenths to have a more consistent experience) and simply put time and effort in to get some good race starts eventually.

Thank you very much i will try it and give you a feedback.

Only one further question:

What do you mean with TC?

I think it can't be too easy with assists. I also use pad and I gain places almost everytime in race starts so it is possible to get a good start with a pad and without traction control so you just need to practise it 🙂

In a single race it works the same way as described above, but in the career it has strangely nothing at all because everyone still pulls past me at the start. Really strange.

• Like 1

@Steff900427I was just about to comment the same thing.

I am struggling in Career mode to get to the first corner without dropping atleast 2 places, on 105 AI. In multiplayer it seems it is the opposite, even people my pace never get off the line as quick as me. I don't understand it tbh.

Edited by PureDriving

On 7/2/2019 at 7:53 AM, SturmDesTodes said:

Try using absolutely no TC at all, hold around 11000 rpm - 11300 rpm before the lights are out (around 20% - 30% throttle input at the start i guess) and then gradually increase throttle input (modulate the throttle slowly til you feel you can give 100% input), shortshifting might also help to reduce tyre slip as well (quickly shift up to 2nd and or 3rd gear) and of course a reduced on-throttle differential (anything below 70% diff. should be alright).

GP mode in the Single Player section is the perfect place to practice race starts, do as many restarts as you want and get a feeling for it, make sure to have a appropriate AI difficulty set to your own median race pace (AI teammate should not be faster or slower than 3 tenths to have a more consistent experience) and simply put time and effort in to get some good race starts eventually.

I have tried it several times now and unfortunately it does not work at all. Every time after the start at least 4 cars overtake me, especially the first three behind me have a rocket start every time.

In a normal Grand Prix, it works reasonably but not in the career at all. 

I think that's a pity that they did not solve this better with the controller. It was much better in F1 2017 when you just let go of the button fast enough when the traffic lights switched to green then you had a good start to the race.

I play with the Nacon Revolution Pro unlimited, works pretty well. I do not lose a position at the start, either I stay where I am or I make 1 or 2 + (1st season, Alfa)

TC is set to medium

In formation lap, warming up tires is necessary to get a good start. As written before, do not hit R2 fully down, think it is a pedal, as soon as wheels start to spin lift your finger a bit. You get used to it, the AI is not super better than you, just needs a little training

• Agree 1

I tend to turn down my ers to low and fuel to lean also when doing a race start gradually turning them up when I'm up to speed 

Can someone give me a hint as the GP2 racing start with PS4 Controller works best? There I fall back at the start every time to last place because I do not get away at the start.

Thank you.

Are you using manual starts? Just asking because I believe assisted starts make it easier. Not realistic but easier. Just a thought! Sadly the ai are robotic and never ever make anything other than a perfect start every time so you need to be perfect yourself just to keep up with them every time. Not your fault, it's the game. 

@sloppysmusic Thank you for your answer! 🙂 i will try it.

And could you give me a hint how to switch exactly? I am partly aware that I am overtaken by the corner exit of cars, which actually have a much weaker engine than my car. Cars with the same engine almost fly past me on the straight.

Greetings Stefan

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Steff900427 said:

@sloppysmusic Thank you for your answer! 🙂 i will try it.

And could you give me a hint how to switch exactly? I am partly aware that I am overtaken by the corner exit of cars, which actually have a much weaker engine than my car. Cars with the same engine almost fly past me on the straight.

Greetings Stefan

Settings assists you will find it there.... The more you turn off the more fun you will have controlling a monster of a car.... The F1 car. Will take practice but you won't regret it if you like leaning. 

• Agree 1

On 9/10/2019 at 6:53 PM, sloppysmusic said:

Sadly the ai are robotic and never ever make anything other than a perfect start every time so you need to be perfect yourself just to keep up with them every time. Not your fault, it's the game. 

The recent 1.15 patch really improved this, the AI can now have bad starts as well which is nice to see. Changed from always losing 1 or 2 positions to regularly being able to make up a few.

Edited by Worntoathread
  • Agree 1

On 7/3/2019 at 2:51 AM, Steff900427 said:

Very funny. 

Maybe someone else has a tip for us ;-)

All starting, whether manual or otherwise is a matter of practice, practice, practice.  But IMO, manual starts are the best to master. Try manual starts using absolutely no assists is my best advise to you.