911 SC RS and Lancia 037 EVO released!

decent cars, especially the Lancia, but getting a bit bored of all these RWD cars to be honest. there are SO many of them in the game. might even be equal to the amount of 4WD cars which is kinda weird. there's H2 RWD, H3 RWD, Group B RWD, and then Rally GT too. meanwhile we are missing a lot of iconic 4WD cars.

On 7/4/2019 at 4:38 AM, tonzboher said:

Anyone got a good set up for the 911? It’s a bit of a handful 💪🏻😂 

It's a little tail happy.lol Which is pretty accurate to especially older 911s. Stiffen the front roll bar, a lot, and/or loosen rear bar.   That will help it be stable under heavy braking. 66% seems to be good on brake bias. Definitely a fun car!

Maybe raise or lower springs depending on gravel or tarmac, and the same goes for dampers. The rest of the settings seem pretty good. I go back and forth between toe in a couple clicks front and back to zero toe. 

7 hours ago, Tranzitive said:

decent cars, especially the Lancia, but getting a bit bored of all these RWD cars to be honest. there are SO many of them in the game. might even be equal to the amount of 4WD cars which is kinda weird. there's H2 RWD, H3 RWD, Group B RWD, and then Rally GT too. meanwhile we are missing a lot of iconic 4WD cars.

There are definitely some missing 4wd cars, but RWD is fun. This is the first time in weeks there have been any Group B RWD daily challenges etc, at least than I can remember.

RWD gets frustrating, though. Some times I can hammer them and others ot feels like I have never driven before.

• Agree 1

On 7/4/2019 at 11:38 AM, tonzboher said:

Anyone got a good set up for the 911? It’s a bit of a handful 💪🏻😂 

Set rear toe-in to 0.15-0.20. Rear camber shouldn't be too high, about 0.5-0.7 works for me.

Give decel. diff. and diff. preload a relatively higher value. Set accel. diff to low enought to reduce unwanted corner exit wheelspin.

Springs: by default setup the rear springs are softer than the front. It's not correct because springs are carrying the weight of the car and should be balanced according the weight distribution of the car. In the case of the 911 the rear is heavier so you need to set the rear spring to harder than the front ones!

With too hard front springs and too soft rear ones you'll lose front grip on corner exit.

To prevent unwanted oversteer set the rear ARB to much softer than the front. I also set the rear dampers softer - I dont know is it correct in IRL but for me it works in the game. Also a litzle bit harder front dampers doesnt hurt.

Gear ratios: 1st is extremely short by default it should be set longer a little bit, but keep 2nd to close to 1st - good for accelerating out from extra tight hairpins. 5th is very long consider to shorten it.

At first test the Porsche in Germany: tarmac stages where the 911 really feels at home. Get used to it on tarmac and only after that experiment on low grip roads.

And by the way: never jump off the throttle during high speed corners in a 911! 🙂

Edited by redriot77
  • Like 1