Patch Notes for 1.04 – Discussion Thread

Hi everyone and welcome to the Patch 1.04 discussion thread.

Patch 1.04 is being released for PC today, PS4 and Xbox updates to follow subject to first party approval. You can find the full patch notes here.

If something from this patch is not working the way it should, let us know in this thread. 

Please post any other issues and bug reports not related to this patch in the Technical Assistance forums here.

Be aware that any posts that do not relate to the patch will be removed. 

Thanks all!

Posted (edited)

The patch notes state fix dx 12 for 970 cards.  Is it worth trying DX12 with 1070?  I don’t want to do a whole race and the game crash on me.  

Edited by Acerees
  • Like 1

Friend of mine is playing with a 1070 and he had no single crash in 10 hours of playing.

Maybe just reinstall your pc, get fresh new drivers... GTX 1070 is not the problem

This is an awful patch.. Considering how many bugs there are, this is all you're fixing? Christ. 

• Agree 3
  • Disagree 2

31 minutes ago, Swift747 said:

This is an awful patch.. Considering how many bugs there are, this is all you're fixing? Christ. 

this is mainly a patch for PC like faya said soon there will be patch fixing bugs and other things. 

• Agree 1

2 minutes ago, Nightfire1964 said:

this is mainly a patch for PC like faya said soon there will be patch fixing bugs and other things. 

I hope so, but it needs to come out very soon. 

1 minute ago, Swift747 said:

well if you tell them to hurry up that will make them rush and possibly cause another bug. just have a little patience. so far i have had no problems bug wise just that the cars need to be adjusted other than that i have had no problem

• Haha 1
  • Agree 4

2 minutes ago, Swift747 said:

I think you don’t understand how complex software development it. It’s my job and it is very hard sometimes to nail down bugs and fix them. A day of work is nothing... sometimes it takes days to fix one tiny thing. 

• Haha 2
  • Agree 6

yeah i did computer science GCSE and i found it really hard to code when it came complex. i fully respect coders after it and look at alien colonial marines one extra character caused the whole entire game to not work

5 minutes ago, Koekenbakker28 said:

I think you don’t understand how complex software development it. It’s my job and it is very hard sometimes to nail down bugs and fix them. A day of work is nothing... sometimes it takes days to fix one tiny thing. 

• Haha 1

And what about the freezing and crashing to desktop on xbox one s first time it happend was britian on lap 6 or 5 and all I seebis like this black looked like liquid stuff covering the screen so had to restart game as screen was black then 2 races later the screen frooze making an buzzing noise . And thats not to mention the little bugs like havent had an sc or vsc after half a season all I get is yellow flag for couple corners and a couple other stuff cant think of at min . Or and tone down driver transfers as its way over top its ruining the experience for me self 4 driver changes after I races it should only be 1 or 2 a season cause the way its going the grid is completely diffrent at end of season to when started . Its an good feature just needs adding propley 

Still no words about performance patch. Besides the bugs this is the most important thing! Should have been in D1-Patch. The wrong performance is killing the motivation for playing the game, at least for me and some of my league-collegues.

• Agree 1

38 minutes ago, Nightfire1964 said:

well if you tell them to hurry up that will make them rush and possibly cause another bug. just have a little patience. so far i have had no problems bug wise just that the cars need to be adjusted other than that i have had no problem

They dont listen to us anyway, telling them to hurry makes no difference. Its funny how you defend them though, considering they release unfinished games every year. 

• Agree 6
  • Disagree 1

They dont listen to us anyway, telling them to hurry makes no difference. Its funny how you defend them though, considering they release unfinished games every year. 

for me this game works pretty well, I cannot report major bugs. Ok 1 crash I recognized before the qualifying, but besides, it is running smooth

Depends maybe on the platform everybody plays on. Looks like a lot of frustration is on the PC and Xbox, PS4 seems to work pretty well?!

• Agree 2
  • Disagree 1

29 minutes ago, svensenk86 said:

for me this game works pretty well, I cannot report major bugs. Ok 1 crash I recognized before the qualifying, but besides, it is running smooth

Depends maybe on the platform everybody plays on. Looks like a lot of frustration is on the PC and Xbox, PS4 seems to work pretty well?!

Yeah same here I've had some minor screen flickering but that's about it.

• Agree 2

1 hour ago, Malmsteen41 said:

Friend of mine is playing with a 1070 and he had no single crash in 10 hours of playing.

Maybe just reinstall your pc, get fresh new drivers... GTX 1070 is not the problem

Is he using dx11?  As that is stable and I have had no crashes using that. DX12 can crash anywhere and is the Maldonado of the gaming world

• Haha 1

46 minutes ago, dendemeier said:

Still no words about performance patch. Besides the bugs this is the most important thing! Should have been in D1-Patch. The wrong performance is killing the motivation for playing the game, at least for me and some of my league-collegues.

Getting performance right is harder than you think. It was only just as of the last few races that Ferrari have started making a comeback with their car, specifically in the engine power department. Even McLaren have just started showing off how strong they are in the last few races, they haven't been that good all season.

1 hour ago, dendemeier said:

Yeah same here.  Waiting on the performance patch before starting career mode and running out of patience with the bumper cars of online.  Hoping the patch will land soon

• Agree 1

Waiting on the performance patch

just for my record, you mean with the performance patch the car performance?🙈 Besides of Williams, what is the major complain? I have the usual suspects in the points and on the podium

1 minute ago, NaraPLN said:

dx12 still crashes on rtx 2080ti 

Yup. For me 2.