Patch Notes for 1.04 – Discussion Thread

I have an RTX 2080, not had any game crashes and performance has been good with 11 hours in game using DX12.

3 hours ago, BULLDOZOR said:

DX12 still crash with GTX 1070.

Google how to disable steam overlay. This helped me use DX12 without crashing. Basically in your steam library, right-click the game and go to PROPERTIES, the look for the check box for enabling steam overlay, make sure to uncheck it if its checked. Apply and close it. That should help you.

Hoping they fix the issue of Setups Dissapearing when playing in the new Online Leagues.

• And maybe add the Option of having Reserve Drivers for the same new Leagues.
  • And Dedicated Slots when Joining for the Spectators.
  • And ability to delete a League.

We should actually have a whole Sub Division on the Forum just for this new Section to explain how it works etc. Currently it feels that a Select few big Leagues (AOR/IRL?) have been privvy to how it all works, and then rest is left to their own devices to figure it out , hence the proliferation of "Test" League`s , but then one cannot delete them afterwards...

• Like 1

4 hours ago, BULLDOZOR said:

DX12 still crash with GTX 1070.

What for a Win 10 version do you have?

And wich Nvidia Driver have you installed?

2 hours ago, R9NALD09 said:

Yeah same here.  Waiting on the performance patch before starting career mode and running out of patience with the bumper cars of online.  Hoping the patch will land soon

Currently this game makes no sense to play with especiall if it’s true that they will change the handling drastically with the performance update. Seriously? Until this game makes sense and fun it’s August - the early release doesn’t care me because I will not play this game with 2018/unrealistic car performances and gearing sounds which sounds like V4 vacuum cleaner when you doesn’t go about the full revs.

• Like 1
  • Agree 2

Game is not crashing for me, GTX 1080 Ti with old driver, 417.22 I think. Windows 10 with the most recent build. I've seen some people say that the Steam overlay causes some crashes, but I don't even know if my overlay is on or off.

Before this patch everything was running smoothly on DX12 (gtx 1070), now it crashes when starting with DX12 and when i try to play it with DX11 i get micro screen freezes wich makes the game unplayable!

17 minutes ago, juli74 said:

Before this patch everything was running smoothly on DX12 (gtx 1070), now it crashes when starting with DX12 and when i try to play it with DX11 i get micro screen freezes wich makes the game unplayable!

Same, I have a 1070 and I had no problems at all on 1.03

• Agree 1

6 hours ago, Nightfire1964 said:

yeah i did computer science GCSE and i found it really hard to code when it came complex. i fully respect coders after it and look at alien colonial marines one extra character caused the whole entire game to not work

LOL. I think comparing F1 2019 in any way with alien colonial marines is literally the biggest diss anyone has given the new game yet. Either a slip of the tongue or a very cheeky and subtle trolling moment! 

:classic_laugh:

1 hour ago, GWGiamundo said:

Same, I have a 1070 and I had no problems at all on 1.03

I fixed it! I updated my windows and installed an older driver version. I think it was the drivers fault. Hope it does fix your problem too!

Posted (edited)
56 minutes ago, juli74 said:

I fixed it! I updated my windows and installed an older driver version. I think it was the drivers fault. Hope it does fix your problem too!

Yep it is the Nvida Driver that cause problem with the Game

430.64 & 430.86

Edited by G3tright1337
  • Like 1

Rear red flashing lights need fixing wont flash when brake or when the ERS is charging or if it is night been like that since Friday when i brought the game in my eyes much better then last years game 

Great. After the patch all I have is a blackscreen until ego errror message..dx11  or dx 12 same stuff..

9 hours ago, Acerees said:

Is he using dx11?  As that is stable and I have had no crashes using that. DX12 can crash anywhere and is the Maldonado of the gaming world

No he uses directx 12 with steam overlay disabled

9 hours ago, svensenk86 said:

just for my record, you mean with the performance patch the car performance?🙈 Besides of Williams, what is the major complain? I have the usual suspects in the points and on the podium

I believe the McLaren is still somewhat slow and the Ferrari and Mercedes are too close in performance. Also the Ferrari is not the fastest on the straights as in real life... a few things need adjustment really.

• Like 1
  • Agree 2

Oh boy this is just hylarious...Run via steam in DX11 (so i can use HDR). Got a black screen...if I wait for about a minute I got the ego error to be reported to Codies...If i pres alt ctrl canc and then select CHANGE USER...I login again whit my win accout, click on the taskbar and the on the f1 tab and...miracle! The game runs! But...doing this trick I lost the wheel+pedals coz Win doesn't recognize them anymore...nvidia is the problem? Oh come on...I just cant play and I'm so ****** off!

Hi all,

For those experiencing the crashes after the update, can you try the following please;

Validating F1 2019 downloaded correctly

• Open Steam and go to the Library tab
  • Right click on F1 2019 and select Properties
  • Go to the Local Files tab and click Verify Integrity Of Game Files

If that doesn't work and the game still crashes, please send us any crash dumps, your hardware settings and your DXDiags to community@codemasters.com. You can find how to get these in this thread here. Thanks,

• Haha 1

20 hours ago, Jaketa said:

Currently this game makes no sense to play with especiall if it’s true that they will change the handling drastically with the performance update. Seriously? Until this game makes sense and fun it’s August - the early release doesn’t care me because I will not play this game with 2018/unrealistic car performances and gearing sounds which sounds like V4 vacuum cleaner when you doesn’t go about the full revs.

Who said that they will change the handling drastically? As I understand it the update is effectively an downforce increase, so the handling should stay fundamentally the same.

3 hours ago, Faya said:

Hi all,

For those experiencing the crashes after the update, can you try the following please;

If that doesn't work and the game still crashes, please send us any crash dumps, your hardware settings and your DXDiags to community@codemasters.com. You can find how to get these in this thread here. Thanks,

Worked fine for me, thank you!

8 hours ago, Faya said:

Hi all,

It wors but...as soon as I try to apply a simple livery mod...the game doesn't load anymore and stuck with a black screen and a Ego error...the livery mod just worked fine with 1.03...and even if i copy the original files back it doesn't start...every time I have to verify intgrity...

8 hours ago, Alastre said:

It wors but...as soon as I try to apply a simple livery mod...the game doesn't load anymore and stuck with a black screen and a Ego error...the livery mod just worked fine with 1.03...and even if i copy the original files back it doesn't start...every time I have to verify intgrity...

Just dont apply the mod and enjoy the game as is for now. I'm sure later on modders will release better files once the game isn't constantly being updated. Perhaps the mod version is outdated now.

• Agree 2