Jump to content

Patch Notes for 1.04 – Discussion Thread

Recommended Posts

@lucsus1989 is right! The PS4 1.04 patch is now out. I’ll have more information on the Xbox patch at a later date. Thanks all!

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Couple of things:
- The crashes on DX12 are happening on most machines I don't think it was just limited to the GTX 970 and people are still having problems with this.

-We still need the R&D Patch, this is important because it makes Career mode feel too weird without the proper ones.

-The AI is still quite inconsistent between qualifying and the actual race, I also feel like there;s a huge straight line speed gain which the AI seem to have, a friend of mine was racing with a Red Bull against a Williams (89% AI) and could barely catch it on a straight, this obviously needs to be looked at. 

-You really need to re-work Leagues, there should be an option for the Admins/Owners to not need to propose a vote to change settings and kicking should be at full discretion of them not through a vote, a friend of mine ran into a random user starting his league race before everyone else did as he pressed ready before everyone else.

-Online Championship unranked should still be a thing, it's better when you just want to race with pure randoms rather than setting up a whole league each time.

-Seems like there's a visual bug in the pits, the driver no longer turns the wheel when exiting/entering the pits, lol.


-I'm not sure why you did this but please bring back the option to invite friends in Ranked. We have to rely on RNG to find each other in a lobby, people are going to ram regardless to be honest, this is only going to inconvenience people who don't. 

-There seems to be a bug with setups in online, sometimes people's setups/tire choices get swapped for some reason, maybe this was a one-off for my friend but it happened.

-Time trial seems to have issues if you attempt a lap multiple times, I actually beat a time which did not register for some reason, I screenshotted everything but the game never updated it. My connection was 100% fine throughout this. It started to not count the Delta each lap for some reason. 

I hope we get a bigger update next patch guys, this was quite underwhelming to be honest.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Just had the chance to play the game again yesterday with the new patch, I don't know why but the game actually crashes for me way more now. I almost never got any crashes before but they definitely happen now, there's also major micro stutter back that used to happen a lot in F1 2018, I wish there was a way to revert the patch at this point lol.

I'm on a i7-6700k, GTX1080, 8GB ram so not sure what's going on here. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hi, my pc has 1050ti and with DX12 I was averaging around 60 fps in benchmark mode (Singapore, wet conditions), after the patch the FPS dropped to 30 fps... any one else facing this issue?

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
On 7/4/2019 at 11:46 AM, Dwardu100 said:

Couple of things:
- The crashes on DX12 are happening on most machines I don't think it was just limited to the GTX 970 and people are still having problems with this.

-We still need the R&D Patch, this is important because it makes Career mode feel too weird without the proper ones.

-The AI is still quite inconsistent between qualifying and the actual race, I also feel like there;s a huge straight line speed gain which the AI seem to have, a friend of mine was racing with a Red Bull against a Williams (89% AI) and could barely catch it on a straight, this obviously needs to be looked at. 

-You really need to re-work Leagues, there should be an option for the Admins/Owners to not need to propose a vote to change settings and kicking should be at full discretion of them not through a vote, a friend of mine ran into a random user starting his league race before everyone else did as he pressed ready before everyone else.

-Online Championship unranked should still be a thing, it's better when you just want to race with pure randoms rather than setting up a whole league each time.

-Seems like there's a visual bug in the pits, the driver no longer turns the wheel when exiting/entering the pits, lol.


-I'm not sure why you did this but please bring back the option to invite friends in Ranked. We have to rely on RNG to find each other in a lobby, people are going to ram regardless to be honest, this is only going to inconvenience people who don't. 

-There seems to be a bug with setups in online, sometimes people's setups/tire choices get swapped for some reason, maybe this was a one-off for my friend but it happened.

-Time trial seems to have issues if you attempt a lap multiple times, I actually beat a time which did not register for some reason, I screenshotted everything but the game never updated it. My connection was 100% fine throughout this. It started to not count the Delta each lap for some reason. 

I hope we get a bigger update next patch guys, this was quite underwhelming to be honest.

 

This should never happen for a ranked mode. If you want to play with friends, play unranked! If you can invite people to a ranked environment, it will open to abuse of the ranked system. It's pretty obvious why it has been done this way being a RANKED mode. 

 

If they were to add this in (and that's a big if), I hope it's a case of anyone who has invited in or anyone joined by invite, does not get any ranking points - oh hang on, isn't that just unranked lobbies? 😁

Edited by martbloke
  • Disagree 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, martbloke said:

 

This should never happen for a ranked mode. If you want to play with friends, play unranked! If you can invite people to a ranked environment, it will open to abuse of the ranked system. It's pretty obvious why it has been done this way being a RANKED mode. 

 

If they were to add this in (and that's a big if), I hope it's a case of anyone who has invited in or anyone joined by invite, does not get any ranking points - oh hang on, isn't that just unranked lobbies? 😁

There would be one possibility. You could invite friends to ranked sessions, but the lowest rank should could to find a decent lobby. On the other hand you are right, you can also use unranked mode or the league system if you want to play with friends.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
26 minutes ago, martbloke said:

 

This should never happen for a ranked mode. If you want to play with friends, play unranked! If you can invite people to a ranked environment, it will open to abuse of the ranked system. It's pretty obvious why it has been done this way being a RANKED mode. 

 

If they were to add this in (and that's a big if), I hope it's a case of anyone who has invited in or anyone joined by invite, does not get any ranking points - oh hang on, isn't that just unranked lobbies? 😁

probably you are right, but in this case (on pc) ranked mode is dead. So they should bring the option to invite friends

  • Agree 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, KiLLu12258 said:

probably you are right, but in this case (on pc) ranked mode is dead. So they should bring the option to invite friends

 

Or if the current format is not working then they need to either go back to the drawing board to figure out a ranked mode that is reliable, fair and likely to appeal to more people or scrap it entirely. If everyone just wants to play with friends which is why no one is on ranked mode, then why have a ranked mode? Getting a rank while playing with friends is just not going to ever be close to being a fair rank that is reliable!

 

Invites should only be allowed if they are the same rank as you as theoretically you could end up in a lobby randomly anyways but maybe nerf the gains in rank for these if you invite them or you accept the invite in.

 

At the end of the day, something has to be in place to make sure people are not playing the system as much as is possible. Nothing will be absolute bullet proof but a ranked mode needs to be as strict as possible imo.

  • Agree 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, martbloke said:

or scrap it entirely

It wouldn't surprise me if this is what ended up happening. There is very little that's inherently wrong with the system, there's just nothing you can do when your playerbase is as terrible at your games as it is. Outside of a very small group of people who still put up with the netcode enough to bother running leagues, the majority of good players stick to career mode and just play something else for their online racing needs (almost always iRacing for obvious reasons).

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, martbloke said:

 

This should never happen for a ranked mode. If you want to play with friends, play unranked! If you can invite people to a ranked environment, it will open to abuse of the ranked system. It's pretty obvious why it has been done this way being a RANKED mode. 

 

If they were to add this in (and that's a big if), I hope it's a case of anyone who has invited in or anyone joined by invite, does not get any ranking points - oh hang on, isn't that just unranked lobbies? 😁

I get where you're coming from but I honestly don't think it's setup as seriously as you think it is. If it was to be taken that seriously, penalties would be modeled in a better fashion, bans would be a thing and the net code would be made better.

As it stands each time we play (I can't speak for other people obviously), we always race each other to a 100% even to the point where we might damage eachother (not on purpose of course), unranked lobbies are filled with way more rammers and silly races whilst Ranked offers some higher quality games, it allowed us to race eachother seriously along with other people which unranked barely provides at the moment. 

If they really wanted to prevent abuse due to people being friends how can we still run into each other through the normal matchmaker? It's literally just a huge inconvenience to us. We still race in unranked mode or the Weekly event but it sucks having to rely on the matchmaker to pair up now. 

They could try adopting a "Co-op/Party ranked" type feature which is what Dota 2's Matchmaking offers but it would be a complete joke if you  say Codemaster's matchmaker is as good as Dota's. Sticking to the topic, it was fun for us last year and a lot of other people, I don't think any friends ended up boosting each other to Master rank from what I've seen. 






 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
32 minutes ago, Balazsryche said:

Any news about the Xbox release? What is Microsoft doing so long?

This is a worthless update. That's why Microsoft won't bother. What we really want is the performance patch. 

  • Agree 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Maybe both patches will be packed into one. I think I can remember that this has happened in previous cases. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, HDR10 said:

This is a worthless update. That's why Microsoft won't bother. What we really want is the performance patch. 

For me, I don't really care about a performance patch. It's more or less OK, but driver transfers are a mess so there goes the immersion. Anyway, I like being updated, worthless patch or not.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It's just sad how CM is way to pass on information to the players. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

@David Greco has been responding to some interesting questions over in the thread "Dear Mr David Greco - Handling 2019" - definitely worth reading...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×