Jump to content
  • 3
Sign in to follow this  

[PC][F2] Cold tyres after formation lap [R2]

Question

  • Description: When the AI takes over at the end of the formation lap the tyre temps reset to 60°C. This only happens in the Sprint Race, the Feature Race is fine for me. My starts are more or less the same in the Feature Race and the Sprint Race, so I'm not quite sure if this might be a display bug or if the temps are really back to 60°C.
  • Platform: Steam
  • Game Mode: F2 Championship - Offline - 100% Sprintrace
  • Agree 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

18 answers to this question

Recommended Posts

  • 0

[PC] Same for me. Also happens in Grand Prix mode on any distance. 

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 0

Do you think that it's only a display bug or that the tyres are properly reset to 60°C?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 0
18 hours ago, F3Tz said:
  • Description: When the AI takes over at the end of the formation lap the tyre temps reset to 60°C. This only happens in the Sprint Race, the Feature Race is fine for me. My starts are more or less the same in the Feature Race and the Sprint Race, so I'm not quite sure if this might be a display bug or if the temps are really back to 60°C.
  • Platform: Steam
  • Game Mode: F2 Championship - Offline - 100% Sprintrace

The tyre temperature resetting at the start of the race was always a thing as far as I can remember. It was definitely the case in f1 2017 and 2018. 

Probably it's by design, but I can't think of a reason why they would chose to do that. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 0
1 hour ago, F3Tz said:

Do you think that it's only a display bug or that the tyres are properly reset to 60°C?

For me, it definitely doesn't feel like they are above 60°C because my starts are worse than when it displays ~80°C for example

1 hour ago, Schwartzwelder said:

The tyre temperature resetting at the start of the race was always a thing as far as I can remember. It was definitely the case in f1 2017 and 2018. 

Probably it's by design, but I can't think of a reason why they would chose to do that. 

No, I'm pretty sure it's a bug. In the F1 car and in the F2 feature race the temperatures don't reset, so I don't think they did it on purpose for the F2 sprint races.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 0
9 hours ago, nilsoo said:

For me, it definitely doesn't feel like they are above 60°C because my starts are worse than when it displays ~80°C for example

No, I'm pretty sure it's a bug. In the F1 car and in the F2 feature race the temperatures don't reset, so I don't think they did it on purpose for the F2 sprint races.

Interesting. Maybe it was one of those bugs that persisted because nobody spotted it. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 0

I did a few more tests and I agree, my starts in the Sprint Race with cold tyres are worse or let's say they are harder to get right at all.

So yeah, it seems that the tyres are cold and that this is not only a display bug.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 0

I've noticed the same bug. The tyre temps get a reset after the end of the formation lap before the Sprint Race and my starts are a lot worse, compared to my starts for a Feature Race with warm tyres.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 0

Hey everyone!

Thank you for letting us know about this, I passed it over to the team to investigate and there does appear to be an issue there. We will be looking to address this as soon as we can but I cannot promise any dates yet, so please bare with us while we work through the process. 

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 0

I was warming the tires and brakes on the formation lap.
However, the tires are extremely cold at the start.

This phenomenon does not occur in the feature race. This occurs with the Sprint race.

Is this a bug? Or is it normal?

001.jpg

002.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 0

@saukisu I have merged your thread with another regarding the same issue. Please see my above response. Thanks! 

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 0
Posted (edited)

Intriguingly the AI is affected by this as well. Everyone's tyre temps are set to 60 when the bug hits.

Edited by Coffer

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 0
Posted (edited)

System: Ps4 Pro.

Patch: 1.05

Game mode: F2 Championship 2018 at Baku

I am racing F2 championship and in Sprint race I do Formation Lap and my tyres are around 75-80 degrees at the end of the Formation lap, but the moment I prepare for Race Start, the tyres get cold again at 59/60 degrees.

The Formation lap is useless this way.

@Faya Can Codemasters have a look at this bug? 

Edited by GioProductions
extra info

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 0

@GioProductions I have merged your thread into the main thread about this issue. As per my above comment, the team are looking at this. Thanks 🙂 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 0

@RedDevilKT This issue is still present on PS4, at least when not doing a formation lap. Both the feature and sprint race you start on ice cold 60°C tyres with no chance of a good getaway. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 0

Hey @Worntoathread! That is as designed as F2 do not use tyre warmers like they do in F1. So if you don't have a formation lap you will start on cold tyres. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 0
7 minutes ago, Faya said:

Hey @Worntoathread! That is as designed as F2 do not use tyre warmers like they do in F1. So if you don't have a formation lap you will start on cold tyres. 

@Faya thanks for the response. That does explain it, but I don't think it makes much sense as a design choice. When disabling the formation lap it's usually because I don't want the hassle, but I'd still expect a normal or realistic start scenario, not some slippery disadvantage, it's actually quite frustrating.

Wouldn't it make a lot more sense to simply program it as if the formation lap was simulated and at least put some minimal heat in the tyres? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

×