POLL: Should Codemasters skip F12020 and put all efforts on F12021?

POLL: Should Codemasters skip F12020 and put all efforts on F12021?  

53 members have voted

1. 1. With the constant issues that Codemasters seem to have every time they release a new game, should they skip a F12020 game and put all their efforts into making a GOOD F12021 game?

• Yes
    • No

With the constant issues that Codemasters seem to have every time they release a new game,  should they skip a F12020 game and put all their efforts into making a GOOD F12021 game?

• Like 1

IMO better solution would be a single "F1 The Experience!" game which would be constantly improved and contain both great offline/career modes as well as a solid multi-player experience. Each year instead of a new game the core solid game would remain but paid dlc expansion packs would be available allowing the players fun new experiences and career options. Plus of course every 3/6 months there would be a free performance/driver /rule update for owners of the main game. 

This would finally be a challenger to games like iracing they can just keep improving instead of having to release new games every year. It's having to do that and therefore adding new features (and bugs!) all the time to attract purchases that makes the game never finished. Plus noone is going to play it after 8 months so what's the point?! 

If it stays on 1 game a year format I will keep buying it 75% off and never full price. I'd pay full price now though if I had a game that I know would be supported and improved for the next 5 years!

• Agree 6

4 hours ago, sloppysmusic said:

IMO better solution would be a single "F1 The Experience!" game which would be constantly improved and contain both great offline/career modes as well as a solid multi-player experience. Each year instead of a new game the core solid game would remain but paid dlc expansion packs would be available allowing the players fun new experiences and career options. Plus of course every 3/6 months there would be a free performance/driver /rule update for owners of the main game. 

SO... MUCH... THIS!

• Like 1

8 hours ago, sloppysmusic said:

I really like the Idea.

I thought about that skipping one year so that CM can concentrate on major problemes, by myself. But this is actualy a good idea too. The main game is good so far. But there are some bugs and problems, especially in MP and with the Safety Car, that need to be fixed.

But when CM is concentrating every year on a new game, with new content, they will never solve the main problems, which are in the game for several years.

On the commercial site, i see the point of allways bringing big new content into the game. But i wouldn´t mind, if they will concentrate on old problems and trying to fix them, and therefore have minor changes to the game itself. At least for one year it would be a good step.

9 hours ago, sloppysmusic said:

This would finally be a challenger to games like iracing they can just keep improving instead of having to release new games every year. It's having to do that and therefore adding new features (and bugs!) all the time to attract purchases that makes the game never finished. Plus noone is going to play it after 8 months so what's the point?! 

If it stays on 1 game a year format I will keep buying it 75% off and never full price. I'd pay full price now though if I had a game that I know would be supported and improved for the next 5 years!

if youre okay with 60$ DLC.  Personally, I would be but i dont think a lot would be, which is why its just not a feasible option.

• Agree 1

2 hours ago, itsmb8 said:

if youre okay with 60$ DLC.  Personally, I would be but i dont think a lot would be, which is why its just not a feasible option.

$60 dlc every year would be fine for me. That's the cost of the new game anyway except it would be making a great game even better rather then replacing on OK game with another OK game. I think more realistic would be $20 dlc every 3 months with new cars drivers and omg classic tracks! Cmon we'd pay they now for classic tracks...! 

Posted (edited)
12 hours ago, sloppysmusic said:

Yes and imagine you want to start 2015 for example when you play 10-year carrier, the car changes because of the updated season DLC. You want 2016 buy the DLC and the next season is not just numbers but the real season. this will be amazing now I don't see any point playing more than one season because this is huge immersion breaking for me to play the same year when in reality things are very different. So the old models of the car are wasted and if you want to replay 2017 let say the visuals are dated physics and many more. 

Edited by BiohazardBGR

So how would people feel if they had started the dlc thing in 2015 and we still had essentially 2015 graphics, physics and ffb but with cutrrently cars and teams? 

It wont make the blindest diffrence if the skip a year did you not read the post of them saying this game has been in development for 2 years the missed an year back in 14 I think it was . The did fetch game out but it was just base line no career just 1 championship season and timetrial and online it was the most basic game the had ever brought out there expleration at time was so the could spend more time on the following years game  . I dont buy many games me self apart from f1  and rdr2 are the only games ive bought since 2012 and the have always had bugs in them every new game ive followed the have had bugs its just the way of the industry these days . One thing I am greatfull for is the game should be bug free by the season finishes at latest or even by the end of summer break which is when if normalý would come out 

16 hours ago, sloppysmusic said:

That's exactly what they should do, then they'd finally have all the time they need to properly polish all the issues, and only need to fix it once and for all, instead of having almost the same issues come back in each release.  It'd also have the benefit of eventually being able to have a very interesting multi-season career as you get to actually race each season how it actually was, with the car of which was used, instead of using the same car for 10 seasons.  

In the current model I actually won't buy each year's game, too repetitive, I have no plans to buy the new 2019 entry, 2018 is just fine enough.  Though in a ever going paid dlc model I would buy every year's upgrades.

They could also do the same thing for the Dirt Rally series, there wasn't a big need for making a Dirt Rally 2, all everyone really wanted was more DLC for Dirt Rally 1, which already had VR.  Seems they're creating more work for themselves re-implementing things they've already implemented in a near identical previous title.  If they'd stop wasting their time re-inventing the wheel they may actually have time to focus on quality, where they'll have years to make sure everything works exactly as advertised.

• Like 2