Codemasters: Here's why I will NOT buy F1 2019

Posted (edited)

...Because we are in 2019, and your team didn`t learn how to put a virtual mirror in a game  and I don`t like to drive a virtual car in the backseat because of the stupid FOV needed to see the mirrors.

Every sim racer, like Jimmy Broadbent just to give a example,  complain about this every year. But you just don`t learn.  I will tell you that at least 30% of the sim racers, not buy your game because of this. It`s laziness or what?

Edited by pevides
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2
  • Agree 6

Until they actually make these games that are PC Compatible i don't know why people bother with them anyway.

So i saw that it was 2 years in the making,well i have not played the game but from reviews i have seen all that is noticable from last years game is slightly better graphics and slightly better ai performance

• Agree 1

3 hours ago, audacious said:

Until they actually make these games that are PC Compatible

Huh?

• Agree 1

Why there should be virtual mirror? It would be unrealistic and stupid so deal with it

• Thanks 1
  • Confused 1
  • Agree 5
  • Disagree 5

8 hours ago, pevides said:

...Because we are in 2019, and your team didn`t learn how to put a virtual mirror in a game  and I don`t like to drive a virtual car in the backseat because of the stupid FOV needed to see the mirrors.

Every sim racer, like Jimmy Broadbent just to give a example,  complain about this every year. But you just don`t learn.  I will tell you that at least 30% of the sim racers, not buy your game because of this. It`s laziness or what?

You are talking about sim racing and "virtual" mirror in the same sentence....find the failure?! :D

• Like 1
  • Confused 1
  • Agree 7
  • Disagree 3

@Xawille @2Pacalypse

Simracers use realistic FOV settings and drive in cockpit camera, not onboard camera. But becuase of that, we can not see the mirrors of the car, so we need to look back or trust these stupid arrows that show you where the ai is, as you see, thats even more unrealistic. So why do you complain about a feature that would make the game so much more enjoyable for sim racers and doesnt affect you???

• Agree 5

18 minutes ago, itsBjay said:

@Xawille @2Pacalypse

Simracers use realistic FOV settings and drive in cockpit camera, not onboard camera. But becuase of that, we can not see the mirrors of the car, so we need to look back or trust these stupid arrows that show you where the ai is, as you see, thats even more unrealistic. So why do you complain about a feature that would make the game so much more enjoyable for sim racers and doesnt affect you???

Agreed. Options, options and more options. Nobody complains when given more options except the people who DO complain... Sad that some people like telling other people how they like to play a game and everyone else has to enjoy their way. Can never have too many options IMO. 

• Agree 1

If I wouldn't buy games just because one feature is missing, I wouldn't be allowed to buy any games anymore.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2
  • Agree 1

1 hour ago, itsBjay said:

@Xawille @2Pacalypse

Yeah it's so "unrealistic" when driver can't see much from the cockpit and sometimes have to just trust that they don't hit anything.. "virtual mirrors" doesn't belong to F1

• Agree 1
  • Disagree 3

Posted (edited)
16 hours ago, pevides said:

It's because they don't want to make a sim. They've never claimed it's a sim, they've never made an F1 sim before, and they've no interest in making an F1 sim in future. Is it really that hard to grasp?

Edited by scottishwildcat
  • Agree 1
  • Disagree 1

This is the number one missing feature in the game. It's like driving blind

• Disagree 1

3 hours ago, Alon78 said:

This is the number one missing feature in the game. It's like driving blind

Look after what is in front of you and behind takes care of itself. 

And it's really not like driving blind.

• Agree 1
  • Disagree 2

20 hours ago, pevides said:

I didn't ask for a rear view mirror because I'm too far in front to care 😉 but seriously not buying a game just because it doesn't have a mirror is just lame

• Agree 2
  • Disagree 2

Posted (edited)

I am not buying it, I am an F1 fanatic but have grown tired of the pathetic lack of attempts of codemasters to do more than port these from console to PC. I only got 2017 and 18 when dirt cheap and skipped 16 altogether. I have only about 12 hours each on 17 and 18. After all these years still no mouse support for navigating menus, the only game I have ever known not to have mouse support. The lack of support to run multiple devices off the API data, so I can't run my shakers and wheel display at the same time, it is one or the other. Also lack of ability to map all buttons on my fanatec V2 formula rim is another turn off.

Why O why codies continue to ignore what seem like fundamental features is beyond me.

After reading a lot of the threads in this forum and codies lack of response to a large number of queries and issues, along with their pathetic response to the query about button mapping on PS4 fanatec rims leads me to believe that codies have utter contempt for their customers and player base. 

This all leaves a very bitter taste in my mouth and I will not fork out my hard earned to a company like that.

Edited by F1Aussie
  • Agree 2

7 minutes ago, DirtDiver25 said:

I dont get it, why not just use the look back button?

Because then there would be nothing to complain about!

• Haha 3
  • Agree 1
  • Disagree 1

13 minutes ago, F1Aussie said:

I am not buying it, I am an F1 fanatic but have grown tired of the pathetic lack of attempts of codemasters to do more than port these from console to PC. I only got 2017 and 18 when dirt cheap and skipped 16 altogether. I have only about 12 hours each on 17 and 18. After all these years still no mouse support for navigating menus, the only game I have ever known not to have mouse support. The lack of support to run multiple devices off the API data, so I can't run my shakers and wheel display at the same time, it is one or the other. Also lack of ability to map all buttons on my fanatec V2 formula rim is another turn off.

Why O why codies continue to ignore what seem like fundamental features is beyond me.

After reading a lot of the threads in this forum and codies lack of response to a large number of queries and issues, along with their pathetic response to the query about button mapping on PS4 fanatec rims leads me to believe that codies have utter contempt for their customers and player base. 

This all leaves a very bitter taste in my mouth and I will not fork out my hard earned to a company like that.

Those games are trash in comparison, other than pc issues console really doesnt have any major issues if any, people just complain for the sake of it about pointless stuff like mirrors and helmet sponsors like that really makes any difference to your driving experience, never seen an f1 driver use a rear view mirror so why implement it? And you cant really blame codies for lack of response when they are constantly bombarded with the most ridiculous complaints and requests and believe me im the harshest critic but they've really hit the ball out the park with this effort yet people still arent happy.

• Agree 1
  • Disagree 1

3 hours ago, DirtDiver25 said:

I dont get it, why not just use the look back button?

Do you seriously think that is an option?

• Agree 1
  • Disagree 1

Posted (edited)
17 hours ago, Xawille said:

Why there should be virtual mirror? It would be unrealistic and stupid so deal with it

See the ItsBjay response

11 hours ago, itsBjay said:

@Xawille @2Pacalypse

I can`t stress enough how important is virtual mirrors for every sim racer. That`s why Iracing and Rfactor 2 and pretty much every other sim on the market uses it.

If you use the cam above cockpit (tv style), for a more casual approach, then you don`t need it... but that`s lame if you have a steering wheel and it`s not a solution for a problem that every single sim racer complain year after year. 

It`s funny how a maybe 3 days of coding could give a lot of money to Codemasters..  I think it`s time to give up. More money in my pocket.

Edited by pevides
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, pevides said:

Er....yes!

• Agree 3

hopefully CM does not close their doors now because you do not buy the game 😮 but thanks for sharing your thoughts, if you want a virtual mirror get Need for Speed or some other Arcade racer....

• Thanks 1
  • Disagree 1

I don't know why people bemoan others for wanting an optional thing in game. If it's optional and you dislike it or don't like it then you don't have to use it, simples. Unfortunately not everyone can map buttons to look left/right and don't want the game to look like **** with an unrealistic FOV so why can't they suggest this as a new feature? I can only hazard a guess that you only kick up a fuss because you feel you have an advantage as it currently is over those not able to see their mirrors which would be ridiculous considering the other option on the table is the look back camera which is even more unrealistic. If it's optional to have on, then why does it bother you so much 😂 

Anyways It's been suggested before in another thread and I quite like the thought of it, but the virtual mirror, if applied, should not be like what we see in a road car but would be 2 virtual mirrors resembling exactly what the side mirrors show if you look at them when in car but just in plain sight for all to see no matter what FOV you are using. This I will accept as otherwise just use look back, although I have no idea where they'd go on screen or how it would all look 🤔

Posted (edited)

14 hours ago, pevides said:

13 hours ago, steviejay69 said:

Er....yes!

Sorry Steviejay. That`s not an option, for the people who take sims a little more seriously. Nothing against you. If you like it, use it.

Edited by pevides