Can we choose our teammate?

4 hours ago, akinozdemir said:

When we start to F1, is there any chance to choose our teammate?

nope, didnt see an option like this.

you get a contract as a 2nd driver or 1 st driver but no option for your teammate...

Posted (edited)
59 minutes ago, 2Pacalypse said:

nope, didnt see an option like this.

you get a contract as a 2nd driver or 1 st driver but no option for your teammate...

Yeah besides we're paid t odrive the car not to choose our teammate so it's not really a problem to me that we can't.

Edited by sjsharp2010
  • Agree 1
  • Disagree 1

7 hours ago, sjsharp2010 said:

Yeah besides we're paid t odrive the car not to choose our teammate so it's not really a problem to me that we can't.

DA9799ED-6C1F-437C-AC12-6AC3DC21DFA3.jpeg

• Haha 10

34 minutes ago, ptank20 said:

DA9799ED-6C1F-437C-AC12-6AC3DC21DFA3.jpeg

I meant we're playing as a driver not as a team manager in the game so it wouldn't make sense to pick our teammate. Drivers are paid to drive the cars not pick their own teammates

10 hours ago, sjsharp2010 said:

Since you bought the game you’re technically a pay-driver then.

• Haha 3

16 hours ago, akinozdemir said:

When we start to F1, is there any chance to choose our teammate?

Because of driver transfers theres really no need to choose like 2018 

• Agree 3
  • Disagree 2

2 hours ago, Mellor81 said:

Because of driver transfers theres really no need to choose like 2018 

Agreed because one minute the teqammate might be ther and the nex ttransfer window the ymight be gone replaced by Lewis Hamilton 😛

• Agree 1

I race for Mclaren, the game automatically replaced Sainz and my teammate is Norris. Do you think I can see Sainz on the grid in the next transfers in any team?

27 minutes ago, akinozdemir said:

I race for Mclaren, the game automatically replaced Sainz and my teammate is Norris. Do you think I can see Sainz on the grid in the next transfers in any team?

It's possible yes but whether this happens or not is totally based on how the career plays out.

14 hours ago, akinozdemir said:

Yes, replaced drivers can (and will) come back into F1.

well I was under the impression we could choose our teammate if we skipped the F2 intro but guess I was wrong

I’ve tried a Racing Point career 5 times now - going through the feeder series each time - and I’ve only ever had Perez as my teammate. I want to have Stroll as my starting teammate - not because I’m a fan of Stroll, but because I’m Canadian and would get a kick out of two Canadians driving for a Canadian-owned team. Sadly, I’m running out of patience (on restarting over and over ad nauseam) and hoped I could, as well, choose my starting teammate - even if it was, potentially for only one season. Oh well.

• Like 1

Nope idiots complained it was too "unrealistic" for a GAME so no option to pick your favourite team with your favourite driver like in 2018 sadly! All people who didn't like it could have just ignored the option but they had to ruin it for everyone. Not sure why Codemasters took it away other than for some reason listening to the complaints about a nice detail that didn't break the game. Hopefully it will return and complaints ignored.

• Thanks 1

13 hours ago, BullittRacing said:

I’ve tried a Racing Point career 5 times now - going through the feeder series each time - and I’ve only ever had Perez as my teammate. I want to have Stroll as my starting teammate - not because I’m a fan of Stroll, but because I’m Canadian and would get a kick out of two Canadians driving for a Canadian-owned team. Sadly, I’m running out of patience (on restarting over and over ad nauseam) and hoped I could, as well, choose my starting teammate - even if it was, potentially for only one season. Oh well.

Canadian too, and wanted the same thing. I was disappointed for sure.

Personally, I think it's ridiculous we can't pick our teammate.   Sure, I get it, if I was just a driver in real F1, I don't have a choice.   However, this is a video game, where I get to drive a F1 car in a virtual world.   Let me play the game how I want.   I get that there's a fine line between the sim community, and the general gaming community, then the arcade community.  However with a game that's clearly not trying to be full sim, or full arcade, just give the player the option!  If you want it "sim" and you aren't keen on picking your own team mate...  dont.  If you want to... give me the option to.  It's really quite simple.

I can't for the life of me figure out why this hasn't been patched in yet.  I get why you can't if you go through F2 first.  It would likely just mess with the programming for Weber and the other guy in the story mode.  But if I'm skipping that, I can already join whatever team I want, so why not let me have the option to pick a teammate too?  Its not breaking any immersion, if I'm skipping F2, Im essentially a "nobody" driver walking straight into F1 and signing with Mercedes or Ferrari as 2nd driver?  Unlikely.  There's no realism to any of it, so just give the option to the player.

• Thanks 1