Sign in to follow this  

GRID - Now launching October 11

Hey team. As first announced earlier today, the release date GRID has now moved to 11th October for Xbox One, PlayStation 4 and PC. Buyers of the Ultimate Edition will still receive three days’ early access, being able to play GRID from 8th October. GRID also remains a launch title for the upcoming Google Stadia platform later this year.

With GRID receiving multiple nominations and awards at this year’s E3 event in Los Angeles, including being named ‘Best Racing Game’ by GameInformer and DualShockers, the change has been made to give added exposure to a game we’re hugely excited about. Thank you to our community for sharing in that excitement since we revealed GRID in May, as we add a brand new chapter to this storied racing franchise.

With a little more than three months until launch, our GRID and Codemasters channels will be revealing more information and gameplay and big announcements, with more major news coming In the next couple of days. ❤️ 🏁 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Sad 2

Don't like the delay but now Codemasters have more time to put more cars and tracks into the game. 

• Agree 4

Posted (edited)
11 minutes ago, KreuZenNL said:

Don't like the delay but now Codemasters have more time to put more cars and tracks into the game. 

Exactly this. If this means more cars and tracks included from launch due to this delay, then so be it. Having played Project Cars 2 earlier this week I’d also love to see a similar dynamic weather system implemented in the new Grid. Such as day to night cycles for a LeMans themed race mode and wet races/ tracks that dry out as the race goes on and the weather improves etc. 

Edited by etgsciroccor
  • Agree 2

Posted (edited)

Take all the time you guys need to polish this game i hope the new chapter wil include a drifting event

Edited by ELITE-Team-Solo

If this month of delay helps the devs in polishing the game, adding more content, fixing some bugs I'm ok. Can't wait for the news

• Agree 1

I hope this delay to be about they are gonna add derby /drift we are asking all this time... 

• Agree 1

I hope that this delay means, Codemasters learned from their mistakes and wanna polish the game a bit more, before shoving it out.

Not happy what they did with F1 2019...

• Agree 1

10 hours ago, KreuZenNL said:

Er, no. Chucking more stuff in is exactly what you *don't* do if you have to delay a software release.

• Agree 2
  • Disagree 2

On 7/3/2019 at 8:23 PM, scottishwildcat said:

Er, no. Chucking more stuff in is exactly what you *don't* do if you have to delay a software release.

Indeed as it just increases the chances of something going wrong.