DiRT Rally 2.0 - New Player Guide Read more... ×
Sign in to follow this  

Announcing F1 2015

Following a dramatic start to this year’s FORMULA ONE™season and just in time for the second round at the Malaysian Grand Prix we’re pleased to finally share with you some details on the official game of the 2015 FIA FORMULA ONE WORLD CHAMPIONSHIP™.

F1TM 2015is launching in June and you’ll be able to play it on PlayStation 4, Xbox One and PC. As we’ve confirmed previously the game has been built on an all new version of EGO tailored to deliver the ultimate FORMULA ONE videogame experience and act as a significant step forward in the game’s visuals and physics-based handling model.

The new model delivers enhancements and additions in over 20 areas including engine and transmission, aero dynamics, fuel tank, force feedback, suspension and most notably a brand new tyre physics model – creating a truly breathtaking and realistic representation of how these cars handle on the track.

The buzz and excitement that surrounds each GRAND PRIX™ is incredible, and we wanted to transfer that to F1 2015 with an all-new broadcast style presentation that’ll deliver that unmistakable race-day weekend atmosphere of a GRAND PRIX™, complete with podium and grid sequences. You’ll be seeing all of this in the Championship Season mode, the brand new (and very challenging) Pro Season mode and of course Quick Race and Multiplayer too.

Using the voice recognition technology available for the Xbox One and PlayStation 4 consoles you’ll be able to interact with your race engineer like never before. Through in-game voice commands with Kinect for Xbox One and the PlayStation®Camera or compatible headsets for PlayStation 4 you can ask for race info, updates on the weather, tyre status, request tyres and even front wing changes... And that is just a few of the many options available.

We know a lot of our fans wanted to play F1 TM 2014 on Xbox One and PlayStation 4, so as well as being the official videogame of the 2015 FIA FORMULA ONE WORLD CHAMPIONSHIPwe’re also including the cars, drivers and tracks from the 2014 season as bonus content. All built from the ground up with our updated handling and new game features.

Here’s what Game Director, Paul Jeal had to say about the game -

“F1 2015 marks an exciting new chapter for Codemasters and FORMULA ONE; it’s a shift in direction for the game series, on new formats and our brand new game engine, with the game set to be released earlier in the season, launching this June,”

The handling is a vast improvement from our previous games. In particular our new tyre model is a superb step forward towards realism, letting you explore where the limit is and allowing you to instantly feel much more connected with the car. You can now experience the changes in grip caused by temperature changes, wear, car set-up, debris and weather conditions.

Our improved vehicle dynamics much more accurately convey the difference in performance and the feel between mechanical and aerodynamic grip. The new Force Feedback system adds to the feeling of connection with the car and track surface. The more natural and realistic nature of the game physics also serves to ensure that the racing experience is more accessible, enjoyable and rewarding for players of all skill levels.”

With the second race of the 2015 FIA FORMULA ONE WORLD CHAMPIONSHIP this weekend in Malaysia, the team is busy modelling the new 2015 cars and drivers in readiness for the game’s summer launch. You can see a tease of our first signed off 2015 content in our debut screenshots, as well as an early glimpse of the Mexican circuit. In addition to the 2015 season, we are also delighted to be able to offer the 2014 season as a bonus selectable season. Even this far out from our games release they truly show the power of our new game engine.”

F1 2015 will be launching in June on Xbox One, PlayStation 4 and PC. To keep up to date with all the latest news on F1 2015 and this season’s championship you’ll find us on TwitterFacebookInstagram and Google+

June, that's around the time we expected by now. Not that much about content. A pro season mode, whatever that may be. Screenshots look ok, but not spectacular I think. I'm looking forward to some gameplay now!

looks like you've really stepped in it now @justbiglee :p good news nonetheless though. Any details on what career mode is like that you can share with us yet? As that's my most important mode given that's where I sink my time in when playing. 

Great announcement.

With the new tyre model, will we see driving styles effecting wear rates? One of my biggest gripes with the last generation of the F1 games was that the tyre wear seemed scripted and driving style didn't really have much of an impact, as once you reached a certain lap the grip would be gone.

I'm on holiday for 2 weeks in June too! Hopefully get to pick a copy up when I come back

@justbiglee the Kinect & Playstation Headset to talk to engineer feature strikes out to me, I'm from Newcastle, therefore a geordie accent... Will I be understood by my engineer?

KR3 said:
@justbiglee the Kinect & Playstation Headset to talk to engineer feature strikes out to me, I'm from Newcastle, therefore a geordie accent... Will I be understood by my engineer?
Of course! :smiley:

As usual, it all sounds good.  Looking forward to seeing if you deliver for once.  I'm optimistic, with the new engine.  Hopefully Pro mode will give us a true sim, and hopefully there are some massive netcode improvements too.

Awesome news. I'm really glad to hear about the changes to the broadcast presentation and even the 'driver-to-pit' radio feature. I actually never thought it would happen when I posted about wishing it would be in the game a good few months ago  :D

Is their some anti-aliasing still missing on these screenshots. When you see them in full scale, they look edgy everywhere?

So, it will have all the tracks from the 2015 season + Hockenheim, that's nice. Can we still set up a custom championship like in F1 2013/2014?

Sounds really good. The pro mode has caught my eye. Hopefully they have split the game into a casual and hard core game. 

I'm interested to see how the 2014 roster works in F1 2015. Will it be available in a 'long' Career mode, where you start a season in a 2014 team and in the next season you end up in a different 2015 team? (You know, how it works in real life  ;))

Will the new broadcast presentation take into account the tv decals fonts etc.  I would love it if you started each race with the FOM intro to build the excitement further.

mmpaw37 said:

HOLY C***!...Sorry but I just saw the Singapore screenshot, which I missed before...IT LOOKS ALMOST REAL! ;) :)

...Now I am interested, things are looking good!

Yeah everything's looking pretty good even the shadows of the Grandstand on the mexico screenshot looks impressive to me.

mmpaw37 said:

HOLY C***!...Sorry but I just saw the Singapore screenshot, which I missed before...IT LOOKS ALMOST REAL! ;) :)

Singapore at night in the rain is soooooo beautiful it's my go to track whenever I'm showing somebody the game :D

ARusling said:
I'm interested to see how the 2014 roster works in F1 2015. Will it be available in a 'long' Career mode, where you start a season in a 2014 team and in the next season you end up in a different 2015 team? (You know, how it works in real life  ;))
I would imagine they may have a career mode option for each season as I'm not 100% sure they would be allowed to do it any other way. I agree that we need to see some details on how career mode will be in f1 2015 assuming there is one in the game given there was no mention of said mode in @justbiglee's post. Still it's good to know we finally have something to work on in terms of an announcement it's all about seeing what we can find out about this new game and what the plans are for it.

mmpaw37 said:

Singapore at night in the rain is soooooo beautiful it's my go to track whenever I'm showing somebody the game :D
well CM have always made night racing look pretty impressive anyway so I wasn't that worried the previous games are an excellent indication of that as were the Grid games 2 and Autosport.