Sign in to follow this  

Announcing F1 2015

No career mode means no F1 2015 for me. Simple as that.
yeah it probably will for me as well tbh but I'm prepared to wait and see if it's under a different name or format before I confirm my decision though. After all they've only given a small amount of info to work on. We're going to have to wait ansd see what comes in the next few weeks before we know anything concrete.

I'm 100% sure there won't be a career mode and that's a bummer, the only offline mode that I really played.

But the new Season modes could even more amazing than career, let's wait and see.

No career mode means no F1 2015 for me. Simple as that.
yeah it probably will for me as well tbh but I'm prepared to wait and see if it's under a different name or format before I confirm my decision though. After all they've only given a small amount of info to work on. We're going to have to wait ansd see what comes in the next few weeks before we know anything concrete.
It's more or less confirmed already...

However, I still hope CM will reconsider it, but I dount it.

How hard is it to create an avatar for career mode and use your own name? All sports games allow for this

@justbiglee you said you would first talk about things which we are most interested in. Could you please start with the career/Pro season thing because as you can see it is the most important question for a lot of people in the last days.
Thank you.

JJRosso said:
How hard is it to create an avatar for career mode and use your own name? All sports games allow for this
In fact this means they just converted the full season Grand Prix mode into Pro Career... wow.

i don't think they would make a game without some kind of offline career mode they are not that stupid, the old career mode was getting boring and didn't make you feel a part of the f1 game and we have been asking for a change for the last few years,,
so im going to sit and wait for more details before jumping on the band wagon and saying im not buying,
but please lads and lasses dont pre order the game wait for full release reviews  

@justbiglee
Is it your intention to release new information (in healthy sized packages), on a regular basis, from now till release?...that would be cool.

@justbiglee
Is it your intention to release new information (in healthy sized packages), on a regular basis, from now till release?...that would be cool.
That was the way it worked in the past - and I guess the way it will work in the future. My guess is the idea is to maintain and build interest up to the release date.

Of course as soon as the game is announced, everyone on here piles in with loads of questions, which of course is great in the respect that it shows everyone is enthusiastic and wants to find out more about the game, but less great for poor old guys like big lee who have put together a carefully co-ordinated marketing plan over the past few months and only want to release information in sync with that particular plan so as not to lessen the impact of the game.

So I think a lot of us will have to be patient with how long it will take us to get answers to the questions we ask and what order they are answered in, but they should all be answered eventually, and in the meantime I think/hope we will get a little bit of information from big lee each week to discuss up until release date.

Hi @justbiglee 

newbie so if my comment has no place here please feel free to remove it, great that news has finally arrived I for one applaud codemasters, yes like others it has been frustrating to wait and wait but look at the likes of project cars, ever since it was announced there has been endless gameplay videos which for me has kind of taken the excitment out of finally playing it when it arrives, I know your very busy but I noticed in a few posts people asking for formation lap which I would really love to see and you said you would find out and get back to us, any news about it you can share? 

Cheers 

@justbiglee
Yes it is, will probably be pretty quiet this week and then just big worth reading/watching drops of content between now and launch.

On game the description for pro season it said 
Test urself on the games most realistic settings?? Maybe a more realistic damage and physics. And tougher ai. 

To put new features in means not that other things have to be kicked. You just don't know how to make good games.

What about the career thing, will it be available in F1 2015 or if not, how will it be replaced?
Want to know this. Want a good game with career, otherwise I not will buy it

i don't think they would make a game without some kind of offline career mode they are not that stupid, the old career mode was getting boring and didn't make you feel a part of the f1 game and we have been asking for a change for the last few years,,
so im going to sit and wait for more details before jumping on the band wagon and saying im not buying,
but please lads and lasses dont pre order the game wait for full release reviews  
in fairness though the fact that ther eis a big question mark over career is not doing the game any favours as things stand though I'm not buying . My relationship withthis series will end with 2014 unless there is some big single player modes that are good enough to replace it. But without career mode it will take a lot of convincing for me to buy into it but I'm keeping an open mind and see what info they give us.

Oh you guys.

You pick a driver to race as in the career modes because it goes hand in hand with the broadcast style presentation the team are going for. The presentation would be inconsistant and not as realistic once you start adding "player 1" stuff everywhere. Photos and names of the real drivers on the grid can be used to full effect in imagery and even commentary, to add to the authenticity of the presentation. And with a major leap in graphics, it will come together in a spectacular package.

I hope! :P 

You wouldnt be able to change your name and number on cars and suits etc anyway because of license issues, so whats the point of even being yourself in a career? Just makes more sense to ditch that aspect entirely and focus on presenting a realistic F1 season.

MrSatay said:
You wouldnt be able to change your name and number on cars and suits etc anyway because of license issues, so whats the point of even being yourself in a career? Just makes more sense to ditch that aspect entirely and focus on presenting a realistic F1 season.

Immersion factor. Nothing to some, everything to others.

For me nothing car replace career mode except a better career mode. But if certain aspects of the game are good enough, including wheel support, I might over look it for 2015. However, if so, I will not buy another game that lacks career. And if I decide to skip 2015, then I simply won't buy another F1 game until one comes along with a career mode.

I am, and forever will be an offline racer first and foremost. Co-op and racing with my friends, is always the only exception.

MrSatay said:
Oh you guys.

You pick a driver to race as in the career modes because it goes hand in hand with the broadcast style presentation the team are going for. The presentation would be inconsistant and not as realistic once you start adding "player 1" stuff everywhere. Photos and names of the real drivers on the grid can be used to full effect in imagery and even commentary, to add to the authenticity of the presentation. And with a major leap in graphics, it will come together in a spectacular package.

I hope! :P 

That is kind if what I think to...Its 99,99% sure that there is not a normal career mode, but im also 99,99% sure they don't drop a kind of career mode..