DiRT Rally 2.0 - New Player Guide Read more... ×
Sign in to follow this  

Announcing F1 2015

Firstly, the game looks beautiful and the communication about the game is so much better than the past few years. There's a real excitement about it now. 

Along with others however, I am concerned about the lack of a classical career mode. I look forward to hearing what it's been replaced with. I wonder if Ryan McKane (TOCA Race Driver) is making his F1 debut????

I really like the use a driver thing in career mode actually, especially if it means we finally get podiums etc. I think it will allow for a more broadcast style effect and hopefully a more immersive experience. Dodgy looking avatars of ourselves don't appeal to me. 

The problem with a real driver in career mode actually could be that you can't switch teams due to the license. That would be not a career mode because the immersion was to fight your way up from a rookie in a small team to a world champion in Ferrari. I hoped they would extend the career mode but now it looks like they shortened it.

Is telemetry going to be included in the console game (PS4)? Given that now car setup is going to matter:
"You can now experience the changes in grip caused by temperature changes, wear, car set-up, debris and weather conditions."
Hopefully telemetry will be included as no F1 driver would ever intentionally prepare for a race and/or drive without it. 

Being an IRL driver is the easy way out of personal race numbers flags and names on cars and race suits because codies obviously know that they have been telling us it's an official game so it will be difficult a
nd the likes but now they have found out they were being dumb holes because FIFA can do it and with FIFA you can even change players numbers so WTF ? I'm not sure but thanks for reading this little rant and bye :)

ok heres GAME'S description of the career mode  "Compete as your favourite FORMULA ONE STAR in the new Championship Season and push yourself to the limit in the challenging Pro Season mode. "
"Can you beat your rivals and earn the adulation of the crowd as you celebrate on the podium?"

Sorry but that tells me you cant create your own driver, and I think that's a big mistake. It takes away the immersion of competing as yourself in the F1 world. Remember the cockpit view saga in Grid 2?...that was a big mistake codies and the game bombed. Dont do this.

I wonder if the only reason they have removed career mode where you race under your own name is because of this new broadcast style to it, this would mean they have made accurate 3D models of each drivers face for the podium (already confirmed) and maybe interviews in the paddock (rumour). So maybe they did not want to allow the player to customise there own 'avaatar' or 'Sim' like you can in other games like Fifa because they want to perfect it so its done properly and perhaps it just is not ready, it could come later in the season as Free DLC remeber guys! 

Career mode will be missed, that gave the most replay value in the whole game, It was bad enough letting you choose any team in 2014 because progression/reward was non existant.

Gazza1a said:
ok heres GAME'S description of the career mode  "Compete as your favourite FORMULA ONE STAR in the new Championship Season and push yourself to the limit in the challenging Pro Season mode. "
"Can you beat your rivals and earn the adulation of the crowd as you celebrate on the podium?"

Sorry but that tells me you cant create your own driver, and I think that's a big mistake. It takes away the immersion of competing as yourself in the F1 world. Remember the cockpit view saga in Grid 2?...that was a big mistake codies and the game bombed. Dont do this.

Yeah I read that as there is no career mode at all just single mode seasons with the Pro season mode just being a hardcore sim mode. I don't like the sound of that but I'll wait and see if they're going to share any more details. I need more than just fancy graphics and a new track to keep me occupied on it.

mmpaw37 said:

@justbiglee, Did you miss my post about the steering wheels m8...?

You don't have to go into specifics but, it would be nice to actually have confirmation whether the wheels are all exact to those IRL.

I know that this is very un-important to some, however in light of last years disappointment with the s/wheels, I think they should keep some authenticity...and as Jezza Clarkson would say..., "How hard can it be...?"

;) THX @justbiglee

They are built off the winter test spec and all the ones I've seen so far are correct, I'll ask the question though :)

will there be a demo available? or any beta test?

says on google it will be £54.99 is that correct?

Price is controlled by the retailers not us, I think somebody found it as cheap at £45 the other day but I can't remember where.

As for the beta probably not, Demo... Not sure (sorry), will find out :)

@justbiglee What about the damage system? Some improvments there with the new engine?

@justbiglee About the steering wheels, are they going to be the same 'full lock' as in the previous F1 games or is it going to be the full lock as irl?

Btw, you guys got me very, very hyped for this game :smiley:. 
And thank you for trying to answer all the questions, good work! :smile: 

will there be a demo available? or any beta test?

says on google it will be £54.99 is that correct?

Price is controlled by the retailers not us, I think somebody found it as cheap at £45 the other day but I can't remember where.

thanks

If not being able to be yourself in Career is because it would hinder the presentational aspects then I'm perfectly fine with that as it could still make a very immersive experience.

@justbiglee  I think it'd be good if you could maybe push for a demo to be released, being the first F1 game on the new consoles it'd be nice to have a go before buying the game

JoeLee said:
@justbiglee  I think it'd be good if you could maybe push for a demo to be released, being the first F1 game on the new consoles it'd be nice to have a go before buying the game
Exactly, doesn't have to be anything major just Grand Prix mode on 1 track, perhaps one that has already happened prior to the demo coming out e.g. Australia.

First of all, sorry for my English.

I would like to know two things:

1 - There will be a demo version as there is for example in moto gp. It need not be difficult to put one circuit, three laps and one pilot.
2nd - Talks with engineer will be in Spanish too.

Thanks for your answers.

PS: By the way, the images that have been published looks good. Great job.

Well I'm going to be Button in my Career or Pro season mode then!

I hope we get a demo this year, I'm sure you appreciate that some people were unhappy with the previous game and will need some solid proof that this game is different before committing money to it.