Scheduled Updates and BETA Shutdown - 06/07/2020 Read more... ×
F1 2020 | KNOWN KEY ISSUES | READ ME!!! Read more... ×
Sign in to follow this  

Announcing F1 2015

KR3 said:
Well I'm going to be Button in my Career or Pro season mode then!
I suspect I will too assuming I choose to buy that is right now though I'm not sure

KR3 said:
Except it probably won't be a career, just one season :)

KR3 said:
Except it probably won't be a career, just one season :)
I think it's best we don't jump to conclusion until we have more info. I'd be surprised if they don't have some sort of story/career mode in another form . I admit it doesn't look good for those of us who like playing career/singleplayer modes but untl more info is released we shouldn't jump to conclusions

Can you say if local co-op split-screen with a full grid is included? Thank you @justbiglee for any info you can share

Career mode was the only mode I played in any of the other F1 games, if thats not in their and the new modes are just one season I don't see where the replay value for me is going to come from?

However I'm not prepared to judge just yet until I know the full details.

Career mode was the only mode I played in any of the other F1 games, if thats not in their and the new modes are just one season I don't see where the replay value for me is going to come from?

However I'm not prepared to judge just yet until I know the full details.
exactly that's why I'm going to hold back to as without career mode there is no real gameplay value at least not for me but that's why I'm also keeping an eye on further developments.

With the power of the ps4 compared to the ps3, if either at least offline or multiplayer doesn't blow us away, they aren't getting the most of the consoles performance.

Also, gotta love how many times in the announcement post, buzz words such as "handling physics" and "tyre model" are used over and over again without actually explaining what it means and instead just bouncing it's definition to the other favoured word of "handling" and "physics" which these days seems to just be a generic term used too often.
They mention we'll "feel more connected to the track"  well, does that mean you've cranked up the FFB to emulate a new "handling model" to cover both bases or what?

will be interesting to see.

will you be able to talk to your engineer on pc as long as you have a headset?I've never been so excited for a game,like what i see in the screenshots to.Can't wait to compare the handling ;)

I wonder when the first video showing everything will come out.... does anyone know? or is there no set time frame yet? I hope its not one of those 30 second teasers that barely show anything....  really hate those teaser codies have done in the past... left everyone with more questions then answers.

Game and Amazon pre order is £50 just like most places. (consoles)

That is crazy, Lets hope this game turns out good because most people going to wait until after release

@ChromeChrome 
i think I saw earlier in this post that justbiglee said only the console versions with kinect and playstation camera would be able to talk to there engineer :-/

Zombie said:
I wonder when the first video showing everything will come out.... does anyone know? or is there no set time frame yet? I hope its not one of those 30 second teasers that barely show anything....  really hate those teaser codies have done in the past... left everyone with more questions then answers.
I don't mind them for what they do, as a taster (original Grid 60fps one...best ever), but that needs to be followed by some in-depth videos, with the different aspects of the game.  I'd especially be interested in seeing & hearing what the new engine is bringing to the table this time around.  @justbiglee any 'technical' videos like this planned?.

Zombie said:
I don't mind them for what they do, as a taster (original Grid 60fps one...best ever), but that needs to be followed by some in-depth videos, with the different aspects of the game.  I'd especially be interested in seeing & hearing what the new engine is bringing to the table this time around.  @justbiglee any 'technical' videos like this planned?.
We have some really cool stuff planned, but we're not quite ready to talk about them just yet. More info in the coming weeks! :smiley:

Guys if you think about it if you race as an IRL driver then surely there will have to be transfers because otherwise Codies are setting themselves up for a fall in the way that this will get stale even quicker then a few seasons of career mode.

Zombie said:
We have some really cool stuff planned, but we're not quite ready to talk about them just yet. More info in the coming weeks! :smiley:
Wow Mark in the past week or two you have been here you have given us more help, info, advice then Luke gave us in the last 4 years or so.

Reub09 said:
Zombie said:
Wow Mark in the past week or two you have been here you have given us more help, info, advice then Luke gave us in the last 4 years or so.
I wouldn't say that! Luke gave me a great lead into this, he had done so much behind the scenes work with the F1 2015 announce that I am super grateful for. I just want everyone to get along and enjoy the games, that's all! :smiley:

will you be able to talk to your engineer on pc as long as you have a headset?
Everything we know so far indicates this will be a console-only feature. Which is understandable; yes, of course it's possible to implement voice recognition on PCs, but the consoles essentially just give developers that feature for free, comparatively speaking. (As I understand it, Windows' built-in speech recognition isn't really designed or performant enough to be integrated into games, so you really have to either use third-party libraries for that or write your own.) On the plus side, PC users have options like Tazti to add that sort of voice functionality to games themselves.

I will be happy as long as the pad and wheel are equal... or as equal as possible not this ridiculous situation on f1 2014. 

7thGearRL said:
I will be happy as long as the pad and wheel are equal... or as equal as possible not this ridiculous situation on f1 2014. 
The handling guys have done a lot of work to that end. With the new engine they were basically starting from scratch on the system. Last time I got a comparison from them the difference was about 2 tenths in favour of the wheel. 

So there is no voice Recognition for Pc, my question is then will there be a button where we can ask for wheather update....? @justbiglee 

Britpoint said:
7thGearRL said:
The handling guys have done a lot of work to that end. With the new engine they were basically starting from scratch on the system. Last time I got a comparison from them the difference was about 2 tenths in favour of the wheel. 
Sweet. That's way closer and it's better to have wheels have a slight advantage because it's harder to drive and be consistent with one than a controller. 

They got it spot on F1 2013, no built-in traction on pad or OP turn-in on the wheel, so fingers crossed then.