Sign in to follow this  

Announcing F1 2015

Britpoint said:
7thGearRL said:
I will be happy as long as the pad and wheel are equal... or as equal as possible not this ridiculous situation on f1 2014. 
The handling guys have done a lot of work to that end. With the new engine they were basically starting from scratch on the system. Last time I got a comparison from them the difference was about 2 tenths in favour of the wheel. 

Good to know that it will be more even this year as 14 is so easy on a pad! Just waiting for all the posts saying why should the wheel be faster now lol!

Zombie said:
I wonder when the first video showing everything will come out.... does anyone know? or is there no set time frame yet? I hope its not one of those 30 second teasers that barely show anything....  really hate those teaser codies have done in the past... left everyone with more questions then answers.
I don't mind them for what they do, as a taster (original Grid 60fps one...best ever), but that needs to be followed by some in-depth videos, with the different aspects of the game.  I'd especially be interested in seeing & hearing what the new engine is bringing to the table this time around.  @justbiglee any 'technical' videos like this planned?.
We have some really cool stuff planned, but we're not quite ready to talk about them just yet. More info in the coming weeks! :smiley:

@LiteralZero  thanks for the quick answer... I hoped not to get caught in the hype but this year things feel different from the very start. Iam very happy with the communication.... lets hope communications do not break down during launch for bug reports. (hopefully minor "quick fix" bugs)

Before the next bundle of info is released, will we be explained in a bit more depth the info already released, or is the next info to be released is to explain....

Gazza1a said:
ok heres GAME'S description of the career mode  "Compete as your favourite FORMULA ONE STAR in the new Championship Season and push yourself to the limit in the challenging Pro Season mode. "
"Can you beat your rivals and earn the adulation of the crowd as you celebrate on the podium?"

So it now seems game has changed their description of what the career mode is its now as follows:
"NEW CHAMPIONSHIP SEASON – With new grid introductions and television-style broadcast presentation, the Championship Season is the most immersive FORMULA 1 experience yet."

So is Codemasters trying to cover up /limit the damage?

Before the next bundle of info is released, will we be explained in a bit more depth the info already released, or is the next info to be released is to explain....
Usually the next batch of info is about the new features so yeah to explain more about what the new games about. Well at least in the past with CM's games it has been.

TomskiPl said:
do you know why in contrast to previous F1 games Poland does not get its own language version?

because polish is spoken in Poland only. It's a waste of resources

EDIT by PeteTheDuck: Watch your language please @hola

because polish is spoken in Poland only. It's a waste of resource
Sorry but this is stupid answer. German spoken in Germany, Japanese in Japan, so? Four years there was no problem , and suddenly he appeared?

TomskiPl said:

Sorry but this is stupid answer. German spoken in Germany, Japanese in Japan, so? Four years there was no problem , and suddenly he appeared?
Then why not Dutch, German, French, Bosnian, Czech, and so as well?

Just English seems fair enough to me.

Well..that's just marketing math.Put some language means to record voices,rent a studio etc etc..so doesn't matter what country it is, if there's no sales enough to justify...you know...this is business,not charity.

Is there any information about what wheels are supported for the new game (Xbox one)?  Just bought the console, wheel is next on my list. 

TomskiPl said:

German, japanese, and of course spanish, french and english (these last three the most important ones) are the actual important languages. Polish is not

hola said:
TomskiPl said:

German, japanese, and of course spanish, french and english (these last three the most important ones) are the actual important languages. Polish is not
Harsh but true...

Is there any information about what wheels are supported for the new game (Xbox one)?  Just bought the console, wheel is next on my list. 
At this stage there isn't.  justbiglee said that sort of info will be coming in the next few weeks. I'd be amazed though if the Thrustmaster 458 TX wheel wasn't compatible- that's probably the best wheel for Xbox One at the moment. 

they better support fanatec wheels after last PS4 news

Who decides which language versions  will be in the game? 
Developer -Codemasters or Publisher?

I wonder whether the podium and presentation stuff is at least partly due to Steve Hood leaving? He seemed to be very against all that during his time at Codemasters. Though he only left fairly recently so he may have had a lot of say in the early phase.

TomskiPl said:
Who decides which language versions  will be in the game? 
Developer -Codemasters or Publisher?
ultimatetely I'd say those that are paying the bills to fund the games development so most likely CM The languages. English French and Spanish are spoken in multiple countries so they would of course get priority but I can't say Polish is beyond there little part of the world so languages like that will face the first chopping block if they have to make cutbacks unfortunately

hola said:
they better support fanatec wheels after last PS4 news
With the apparent lack of proper career mode, fanatec support on Ps4 is make or break for me now.

All I wish for is that the online experience is stable as a rock. The current season Im doing with my league on F1 2014 is a disaster for me because I get disconnected EVERY race. If there are more than 5 of us racing Ill get disconnected at some point. We all use mics so theres alot of net traffic coming through, and my NAT type is on 2 (crap router) but still, some new net code will go a long way!

So how many people will we be able to verse online? I know the PS4 party chat only supports 8 people, so I assume there will be improved in game audio options available? And I may not be able to communicate with my engineer then with my voice?

Also to everyone thats wondering why voice recognition isnt on PC, codemasters would have to create some sort of voice recognition tech themselves, or pay a 3rd party program to be added to the game. Not going to happen when as mentioned already, Xbone and PS4 offer these in the dev packages.

@justbiglee 
Will there be a formation lap included? Also not sure if you can reveal any sort of camera views, there's the traditional cockpit view but any sort of helmet cam, like on f1 2013 when you took part in the young drivers test, it went into a cinematic scene and put on the helmet and you got a perfect view from inside a racing helmet?