Sign in to follow this  

Announcing F1 2015

Zombie said:
Hey biglee,

Any news for us today? any game play videos? or any information this week?
No, no news today sorry. Don't think there will be anything this week either, like I said I'll keep you updated.
Hmmm, that's what you're saying since 2 weeks now (see your post from March 30).
I hope you won't do the same mistake as they did 2013 and 2014. It's basically 2 or 2,5 months until release, so you should actually start doing marketing.

Who was the publisher prior to Namco?  I seem to forget.....
Before then I believe CM did it all themselves I think.
Nope. Bandai Namco did all the Formula One titles from 2011, 2012, 2013 and 2014. Now 2015 as well.
Yeah since they've had the F1 license yes Namco have been the publisher but before they had the F1 license back when they were working on the Snooker series with Blade Interactive and all that (way back in the age of the dinosaurs) :p  they published their own games themselves they haven't always worked through a third party like they do now. That's what I was referring too. But with gaming and the internet pretty much taking centre stage now it's obviously to big for CM to handle alone which is why I think they work through a third party. They asked who did it before CM turned to Namco to publish their games and I believe that is the answer

they do it to try and fool people into thinking the game was developed by Namco to boost sales. Lets face it, Codemasters havent exactly received much good publicity over the last few years...

they do it to try and fool people into thinking the game was developed by Namco to boost sales. Lets face it, Codemasters havent exactly received much good publicity over the last few years...
I wouldn't asy that as it still says Codemasters on the box so I think it's pretty clear to everyone who makes the games. They'er just publishing through a third party because it's easier and cheaper for them to do so. Especially given how expensive the F1 license is to obtain.

FMassa93 said:
IF there is no career mode then I think I'll rather go for Project Cars this year...Career mode is all I have played in F1 games, online suck(with random folk its all crashed out in turn 1, league etc is just lag, lag, lag, glitch, glitch,glitch...) 

Ofc, maybe this will be the best F1 game ever, but It dont matter for me without career mode. Normal championship season I play 3-5races then bored. But we dont know 100% sure if there is a career mode yet and dont know what this new mode is, so just wait and see...
if the racing & online mode is great, then lacking a career mode wont matter to most

Since 2010 I never finished career mode.  Racing with real people  from all over the world has been the best experience.  Yes some are good some are bad mostly it is awesome.  it definitely could be whole lot better without the lag and glitches.

No, no news today sorry. Don't think there will be anything this week either, like I said I'll keep you updated.
So it's 2 months until release, there is no trailer nor any gameplay footage. Codemasters's future is on the line here promote your game!

Since 2010 I never finished career mode.  Racing with real people  from all over the world has been the best experience.  Yes some are good some are bad mostly it is awesome.  it definitely could be whole lot better without the lag and glitches.
My biggest problem with racing online, is most people are idiots, even the people who can drive. They'll cut down and spin across your nose if you're to the inside and cry that you wrecked them because they "had the line". Even though if they even simply watched a single race, they'd know that's not how you race properly. (I'm not talking about dive bombs either).

The best example of this mentality is on this very forum. When Grid autosport came out and people were defending the way the AI just ran you over in the corners. 

Its like an elitist attitude or something, and its annoying.

Granted there are good races to be had, but they are so few and far between, its just not worth it. Not everyone has time for a league unfortunately. So its randoms or AI, and atleast with AI I can rewind if they run me down due to stupidity.

My biggest problem with racing online, is most people are idiots, even the people who can drive. They'll cut down and spin across your nose if you're to the inside and cry that you wrecked them because they "had the line". Even though if they even simply watched a single race, they'd know that's not how you race properly. (I'm not talking about dive bombs either).

The best example of this mentality is on this very forum. When Grid autosport came out and people were defending the way the AI just ran you over in the corners. 

Its like an elitist attitude or something, and its annoying.

Granted there are good races to be had, but they are so few and far between, its just not worth it. Not everyone has time for a league unfortunately. So its randoms or AI, and atleast with AI I can rewind if they run me down due to stupidity.
That's why I generally stick with career mode too. Also I'm not a particularly quick driver any way so basically that just leaves me with racing AI anyway I can compete with the Amateur and Intermediate AI on the games but that's about my limit.

MS7XWDC said:
FMassa93 said:
IF there is no career mode then I think I'll rather go for Project Cars this year...Career mode is all I have played in F1 games, online suck(with random folk its all crashed out in turn 1, league etc is just lag, lag, lag, glitch, glitch,glitch...) 

Ofc, maybe this will be the best F1 game ever, but It dont matter for me without career mode. Normal championship season I play 3-5races then bored. But we dont know 100% sure if there is a career mode yet and dont know what this new mode is, so just wait and see...
if the racing & online mode is great, then lacking a career mode wont matter to most
I think you underestimate the amount of offline players, I'm sure there are others who are dedicated racing fans like myself who only play offline. Then there are all those casual players, the majority of who play offline because they don't feel skilled enough or don't have the time to get confident enough to race online.

MS7XWDC said:
nice joke

Career part of game ( for me) is the biggest part of the the game, when you talk simulation, career is 75% of the game simulation..... It mimics real life

2 months to go and all we have seen is a few screenshots and a few lines of text which doesn't mean nothing to me now when it comes to codemansters PR, 
crack on codemasters we want to see f1 2015 gameplay so we can all get on the hype train 

I think the pro mode will be something about being one driver for a number of seasons and develop your car (be it a manor or Ferrari) to the top. This way no license issue and a game mode where you can progress through seasons.

Reub09 said:
Bandai Namco developing Project CARS, no ?
Namco are only publishing it not making it same as with CM's F1 games they're only publishing them it's up to CM and Slightly mad studio's to make them.
Andi said:
MS7XWDC said:
FMassa93 said:

I think you underestimate the amount of offline players, I'm sure there are others who are dedicated racing fans like myself who only play offline. Then there are all those casual players, the majority of who play offline because they don't feel skilled enough or don't have the time to get confident enough to race online.

Agreed after all that's the only thing that keeps me going on this series. Without some sort of career or story mode it's unlikely I'll buy. Because as you said I'm not skilled enough to play online but I'm fast enough to take on the lower levels of the AI.

I know I'm buying P cars as in fact I already have it on pre-order. Whether I buy F1 2015 is still up for debate. At the moment though I 'm not but that can change depending on what info CM decide to share with us between now and launch.

LGS469 said:
So it's 2 months until release, there is no trailer nor any gameplay footage. Codemasters's future is on the line here promote your game!
they're planning on it I believe they just haven't got it all ready yet.

If racing and online is great, why was it people moaning so much about p1-p2-p3 missing
Hi, again I understand that there are a lot of new things that should be included in the game, but I am moaning about all free session because first it was included until 2011, for sure it was some kind of mistake the reason of the exclusion and finally I would like to "simulate" as close as possible a Formula 1 weekend and without the Friday practices, even sometimes boring, it would not be possible.

Again for sure the reason is some kind of mistake, saying that Codemasters choose to exclude because there is no point on having those it is a %&$*$&, who are they to decide such a thing, if they want to change or exclude what official Formula 1 introduced to the sport, why they don't exclude the boring circuits, bringing back some old ones, include more cars to grid with new teams, etc.

Can anyone confirm if I got this right? 

F1 2015 is being released 2 months from now and we have no gameplay, no trailer, no info? In fact, the most insightful info we have received is some leaked images that we weren't supposed to see. On top of that the previous game was a slap on the face, by far the worst game in the series and absolutely awful. 

Come on, Codermasters. I know the F1 license sells copies but at least pretend to make some effort promoting the game.

Sounds like there will be more info next week.
yeah I suspect there will be too I think what with the Easter break and all they'd have used that time to decide what info needs handing out next.