Sign in to follow this  

Announcing F1 2015

Sounds like there will be more info next week.
yeah I suspect there will be too I think what with the Easter break and all they'd have used that time to decide what info needs handing out next.
I'd have thought they'd have used that time to eat Easter eggs and be with their families :).  Should think (hope) there will have been a clear path laid out internally, weeks/months ago.

yeah I suspect there will be too I think what with the Easter break and all they'd have used that time to decide what info needs handing out next.
I'd have thought they'd have used that time to eat Easter eggs and be with their families :).  Should think (hope) there will have been a clear path laid out internally, weeks/months ago.

what I meant was they'd have been monitoring this forum to see how we responded to the initial info reveal to find out what where are concerns lie especially where it came to things like lack of career mode that sort of thing.

They're probably waiting on clearance from FOM... we might as well find a reason to shift blame onto FOM before Codemasters do it for us

They're probably waiting on clearance from FOM... we might as well find a reason to shift blame onto FOM before Codemasters do it for us
I don't think so they wouldn't have announced it if everything hadn't finally gotten approved they just need to get feedback from us on it via this forum

I don't think so they wouldn't have announced it if everything hadn't finally gotten approved they just need to get feedback from us on it via this forum
True, I just pointed it out because Codemasters have previously stated that FOM voiced concerns that people would confuse Codemasters game footage with real life Formula 1, which was allegedly the reason they never used the official HUD or normal TV style replays

hola said:
MS7XWDC said:
if the racing & online mode is great, then lacking a career mode wont matter to most
nice joke
they need to nail the actual racing, before adding modes.
nailing the racing, getting online finally correct.

then add career mode. what good is a career full of bad racing ?

MS7XWDC said:
hola said:
MS7XWDC said:
if the racing & online mode is great, then lacking a career mode wont matter to most
nice joke

tbh I felt the racing was fine.

MS7XWDC said:
hola said:
MS7XWDC said:
nice joke

Same here, As much as ppl complain about the AI in the game I think they are the best of any racing game ive ever played. Sure there are some huge flaws when racing them but AI in any game will have those, if ppl actually stopped dive bombing down the inside of them I think they would actually find they can have some good races. See it all the time on youtube ppl start last and are 10th by turn 2 lol! Whats the point in starting at the back and gaining 12 positions in 2 corners? Im not saying they shouldnt make them defend and attack more but least I can race with the AI in the cm games and have a challenge doing it, most racing games the hardest AI are a spec in the mirror after a lap unlike F1 2014 and Im not the quickest of drivers.  

I remember on my F1 2012 it was digital on steam (my first F1 Game) on Canada Turn 6 about 5-7 drivers (AI) smashed into the wall and so by about lap 5 or 6 you were the last remaining, and the same at Valencia at turn 3/4 (I'm not sure if I am supposed to add both parts of the chicane as a full corner) they went off into the HUGE run off area at about 200 kilometres per hour and smashed into the wall and at about lap 4 you were the last survivor which was rediculous and also if you use a flashback even if you haven't made a mistake if you are quite close to the car in front he will make a mistake, it annoys me that such a good franchise was and still is ruined by stupid bugs and glitches like this.  

Reub09 said:
I remember on my F1 2012 it was digital on steam (my first F1 Game) on Canada Turn 6 about 5-7 drivers (AI) smashed into the wall and so by about lap 5 or 6 you were the last remaining, and the same at Valencia at turn 3/4 (I'm not sure if I am supposed to add both parts of the chicane as a full corner) they went off into the HUGE run off area at about 200 kilometres per hour and smashed into the wall and at about lap 4 you were the last survivor which was rediculous and also if you use a flashback even if you haven't made a mistake if you are quite close to the car in front he will make a mistake, it annoys me that such a good franchise was and still is ruined by stupid bugs and glitches like this.  
I never experienced the first two, but I can confirm the replay bug.

vtidixon said:
MS7XWDC said:
hola said:
MS7XWDC said:
nice joke

Same here, As much as ppl complain about the AI in the game I think they are the best of any racing game ive ever played. Sure there are some huge flaws when racing them but AI in any game will have those, if ppl actually stopped dive bombing down the inside of them I think they would actually find they can have some good races. See it all the time on youtube ppl start last and are 10th by turn 2 lol! Whats the point in starting at the back and gaining 12 positions in 2 corners? Im not saying they shouldnt make them defend and attack more but least I can race with the AI in the cm games and have a challenge doing it, most racing games the hardest AI are a spec in the mirror after a lap unlike F1 2014 and Im not the quickest of drivers.  
Yeah quite often on 2010 I tend to lose a few places while getting up to speed. I do sometimes manage to hang on to my spot or gain 1 or 2 but it is rare that happens on the game and that's when I've had a good start as I'm often a little slow off the line. Obviously in the 2011 onwards when Kers and DRS were introduced I've often used Kers to help me off the line better therefore I'm more competitive off the start. I would say 2013 aside I find the AI good on all the games. The only reason why I say that as it's well documented that for some and I include myself in this found the AI too aggressive and too fast even on the supposedly slower levels.

vtidixon said:

Same here, As much as ppl complain about the AI in the game I think they are the best of any racing game ive ever played. 
Have you actually played any other racing game/sim?  I'm struggling to think of anything made in the last 10 years that is actually worse!  Even Race 07 which is 8 years old had infinitely superior AI to F1 201x

vtidixon said:

Same here, As much as ppl complain about the AI in the game I think they are the best of any racing game ive ever played. 
Have you actually played any other racing game/sim?  I'm struggling to think of anything made in the last 10 years that is actually worse!  Even Race 07 which is 8 years old had infinitely superior AI to F1 201x
I know I have and I know there are definitely worse but then I'm not one for namedropping normally

Yup, should be some interviews and previews from the press going up and maybe some other stuff. :)

Yup, should be some interviews and previews from the press going up and maybe some other stuff. :)
Interviews... who cares about what the devs think about it. We know they will say it's going to be better than ever (like last year).

We want gameplay videos and so!

Interviews... who cares about what the devs think about it. We know they will say it's going to be better than ever (like last year).

We want gameplay videos and so!
The devs seem to beleive the sun shines out from where the sun dont shine. I agree, who cares what they think, we are the paying customer, we're not dropping money on these rubbish ganes to massage Codemasters ego's (at least most of us arent), we just want a good F1 game

Yeah gameplay vids in tcam is all we really need. Reviews,  previews are useless unless they show gameplay,  like they should in video reviews.

Reveiws , videos, previews, means nothing... Maybe a little insight into how good the graphics are....come June, when we can try ourself, it will be great game , or just the same old problems

@BigLee

I hope that we get some info Monday... Tuesday latest... thank you.

is it going to be fresh news we're getting next week or is it what we've already been told? @justbiglee 

Was expecting a little news every week , not keen on this: get news, then weeks waiting for more news, frustrating 

Who cares about the press? I remember a video game website (IGN, I think) saying that F1 2013 is hardcore realistic or something like that LOL :smiley:  I 

Was expecting a little news every week , not keen on this: get news, then weeks waiting for more news, frustrating 
Totally agree. Not sure who it is at Codemasters who still thinks after all these years that this approach builds excitement among the community, but it really doesn't... all it means is we have to suffer weeks of reading the same unanswered questions from different people for weeks on end, until another barely sufficient nugget of official information comes along.

Personally I'd be far more excited for the game if we'd just been told everything about it up front, even with the caveat that some of it is subject to tweaking or removal in the remaining couple of months before release.

VDV23 said:
Who cares about the press? I remember a video game website (IGN, I think) saying that F1 2013 is hardcore realistic or something like that LOL :smiley:  I 

I know that record companies pay magazines and websites for good reviews, so I wouldn't be surprised if it's the same in the games industry. Especially when considering a lot of bug infested games (coughcoughfifacough) get very high ratings.