Sign in to follow this  

Announcing F1 2015

VDV23 said:
Who cares about the press? I remember a video game website (IGN, I think) saying that F1 2013 is hardcore realistic or something like that LOL :smiley:  I 

I know that record companies pay magazines and websites for good reviews, so I wouldn't be surprised if it's the same in the games industry. Especially when considering a lot of bug infested games (coughcoughfifacough) get very high ratings.

This is why i have pointed out nemerous times... do NOT go by what ANY big company says.... 99% of the time PR stunts are are pure and simple lies. Go by word of mouth from regular folks... or hardcore sim racers. Then.... and then ONLY will you get the truth when it comes down to reviews. 

The new cod game revealed 6-7 months To go before release, bet they don't hold the promotion side, cmon codemasters I hate all this guessing crap

VDV23 said:
Who cares about the press? I remember a video game website (IGN, I think) saying that F1 2013 is hardcore realistic or something like that LOL :smiley:  I 

I know that record companies pay magazines and websites for good reviews, so I wouldn't be surprised if it's the same in the games industry. Especially when considering a lot of bug infested games (coughcoughfifacough) get very high ratings.
This is definitely true. Especially bigger publishers like EA invest heavily in both paying off gaming review websites as well as heavy promotion by giving access to youtubers who then hype the game on their behalf.

But I don't think Codemasters are big enough or rich enough to really go down that route. In companies like IGN I think it's more the case of "Oh, I've played only NFS and these F1 games seem über hardcore to me because I can't drift through every corner.

@justbiglee 
Could you please tell us a little bit about what we can expect this week and more importantly when exactly? Thank you.

I for one would love to see developer interviews. There the ones making the game, they should be the ones to explain and talk about it. And during those sorts of interviews, you will see gameplay footage and behind the scenes stuff (potentially).

Maybe its just me but so many nasty people are on this forum.

MrSatay said:
I for one would love to see developer interviews. There the ones making the game, they should be the ones to explain and talk about it. And during those sorts of interviews, you will see gameplay footage and behind the scenes stuff (potentially).

Maybe its just me but so many nasty people are on this forum.
We're just cynical after the 2014 release that was a pile of garbage.

It was shit? I wouldnt know, Im too busy league racing with my mates on the game =) 

It just seems that most people here are negative and i GUARANTEE even if the game had all the features they asked for, they would still complain

"crowd isnt 3d"
"not enough grass gets kicked up"
"my engineer keeps saying the same things"

It just never ends. Be happy with what we get, its alot better than nothing at all, which is what it was like in 07 and 08. 

And there was a clear improvement in the driving physics between 10 and 14 through all the titles, the fact the game ran on the same engine every year and still improved is fantastic.

MrSatay said:
And there was a clear improvement in the driving physics between 10 and 14 through all the titles, the fact the game ran on the same engine every year and still improved is fantastic.
Sure. Then tell me how games like RACE 07 from 2007, for example, have better and far more realistic handling? Those were build on even earlier engines. It was a decision from Codemasters to build a semi-arcade game and not because the game engine wasn't able to handle it.

2014 was unrealistic, too. Codemasters just coded the cars to generate extreme wheelspin. Tell me again, how often do your tyres lock up and do you spin when your rear tyres hit the grass? No. Do you get my point?

Two months to go CM. No actual news; no video footage; no nothing... 

MrSatay said:
It was shit? I wouldnt know, Im too busy league racing with my mates on the game =) 

It just seems that most people here are negative and i GUARANTEE even if the game had all the features they asked for, they would still complain

"crowd isnt 3d"

It just never ends. Be happy with what we get, its alot better than nothing at all, which is what it was like in 07 and 08. 
That type of mindset is why Call of Duty stayed almost exactly the same for nearly 10 years. People who roll over and accept garbage (not that 14 was garbage) are terrible for gaming in general. It's why we have things like day one, on disc 'dlc'.

Two months to go. No actual news; no video footage; no nothing as of yet..

MrSatay said:

"crowd isnt 3d"

That type of mindset is why Call of Duty stayed almost exactly the same for nearly 10 years. People who roll over and accept garbage (not that 14 was garbage) are terrible for gaming in general. It's why we have things like day one, on disc 'dlc'.

And no, something isn't always better than nothing. Eutechnyx proved that with their horrible nascar glitchfest.

Devs wont know what should be improved if no one speaks up.

MrSatay said:
Sure. Then tell me how games like RACE 07 from 2007, for example, have better and far more realistic handling? Those were build on even earlier engines. It was a decision from Codemasters to build a semi-arcade game and not because the game engine wasn't able to handle it.

2014 was unrealistic, too. Codemasters just coded the cars to generate extreme wheelspin. Tell me again, how often do your tyres lock up and do you spin when your rear tyres hit the grass? No. Do you get my point?
To be fair I don't compare race 07 with CM's game and I don't think anybody else should either. I believe Race 07 is designed to be a full on sim at least it certainly feels that way to me as I do have that game even if I don't play it much. CM's games are not trying to be that. This is a simcade game series which means they're aiming to be somewhere in the middle between arcade and sim. So therefore being in a different setting entirely.  Personally I think they've found a very good balance but that's not to say there isn't room for improvement as there certainly is.

MrSatay said:

To be fair I don't compare race 07 with CM's game and I don't think anybody else should either. I believe Race 07 is designed to be a full on sim at least it certainly feels that way to me as I do have that game even if I don't play it much. CM's games are not trying to be that. This is a simcade game series which means they're aiming to be somewhere in the middle between arcade and sim. So therefore being in a different setting entirely.  Personally I think they've found a very good balance but that's not to say there isn't room for improvement as there certainly is.
There shouldn't need to be a balance.  Just give us a sim, and give the arcade drivers as many assists as they need to make it feel like an arcade game.

MrSatay said:

There shouldn't need to be a balance.  Just give us a sim, and give the arcade drivers as many assists as they need to make it feel like an arcade game.
Well it sounds like they're adding a sim type mode to 2015 anyway in the Pro mode or whatever it's called so I don't think it'll be a problem. Besides hopefu7lly we 'll get more info this week so we can understand things better. Besides all CM's racing games have been like that it's not just their F1 series as both Grid and Dirt share those same features too.

One day, I'd love to find out how many people on here who expound about "just" having to do X in order to achieve Y have actually written and maintained any sizeable software code base  :p

One day, I'd love to find out how many people on here who expound about "just" having to do X in order to achieve Y have actually written and maintained any sizeable software code base  :p
Agreed I know it's not as easy as some people claim it to be  during my computer courses at college I had to do some programming and it was pretty challenging  just to make a working traffic light appear on the screen so I can only imagine how challenging it is to do this with a full game and get everything spot on. I managed it but it was no easy task.

@justbiglee  Wait, you said we have to choose driver/TEAM we want to play so can we choose Ferrari and be manager of it, or did I misunderstand.

Btw I love the graphics singapore is AWESOME. I hope that game will be epic. Wondering can you tell as more about features soon. Sorry for bad english.

I have a programming education and worked in computer validation for 8 years, so I know what's required to some degree, but that's not the point.  The point is, other sims do it, so why can't Codemasters?  Race 07, which was mentioned recently in this thread, can be super easy to drive with all assists on - you could even race it with a keyboard, but turn then off and it feels like a sim.  As far as I can tell, Codemasters are not in a developer category all by themselves where they have an exclusive set of excuses just for them.  I'm hopeful the new engine has given them some freedom to do this.

On a related note, sim vs arcade isn't really about physics, or at least it shouldn't be.  It's about accessibility.  Arcade drivers think that sims are too hard to drive or too complicated.  It's not that they don't want realistic physics.  Like I've said, assists can make a hardcore sim accessible to everyone.  

I have a programming education and worked in computer validation for 8 years, so I know what's required to some degree, but that's not the point.  The point is, other sims do it, so why can't Codemasters?  Race 07, which was mentioned recently in this thread, can be super easy to drive with all assists on - you could even race it with a keyboard, but turn then off and it feels like a sim.  As far as I can tell, Codemasters are not in a developer category all by themselves where they have an exclusive set of excuses just for them.  I'm hopeful the new engine has given them some freedom to do this.

On a related note, sim vs arcade isn't really about physics, or at least it shouldn't be.  It's about accessibility.  Arcade drivers think that sims are too hard to drive or too complicated.  It's not that they don't want realistic physics.  Like I've said, assists can make a hardcore sim accessible to everyone.  
It's obviously the choice they have made in the design of their games. I personally don't have any problem with the sim vs arcade aspect and I personally like the game the way it is in that respect. whether and how much things have changed in 2015 only time will tell. But to be honest I'm more concerned with other areas of the game rather than this

Hi justbigger or any member of codemasters.
No further notice about the game is very disappointing.
People feel like videos, developer comments, new images, etc.
The investment you need to do to buy the game is high and it would be nice to have references as soon as possible to reserve it.
Please answer this questions.

I understand it is hard to develop a product like this, but if much delayed publication of new images or videos, expectations are decreasing.

Not much has changed regarding marketing for F1 2015 at CM unfortunately. That's what can be determined already. So hopefully at least the game is better than 2014. I doubt it.

I'm playing with the f1 2014 Mod 2015 and works well, but I really wanted to have this f1 2015 and hope it's really good. Good graphics, good gameplay and good engine and design.