Jump to content
DiRT Rally 2.0 - New Player Guide Read more... ×
Sign in to follow this  

Announcing F1 2015

Recommended Posts

PUCHALT said:
because no answer from cm

They have promised us some info this week it's just a matter of waiting for it.
Indeed.  The lack of patience here is really remarkable.  There's very few software developers that have a weekly press release during the development phase of a game.  It is only 18 days since their F1 2015 announcement.  Getting more information this week is a perfectly reasonable wait.  The amount of information we get leading up to release is out of our control, yet everyone continues to demand more.  Instead of complaining about waiting, we should appreciate the fact that we have two community managers who are actually interacting with the community and being as forthcoming as possible.

Personally, gameplay videos won't tell me much because the essence of a racing game/sim is in how it feels.  The closest we can get to that for now (until we have some independent previews by people who have a beta version in their hands) is the developers telling us what changes they've made, so I'd welcome interviews to get some of our questions answered.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
I don't think anybody would mind the wait if expectations had been appropriately set up front, but I think most of us got the impression that information would be forthcoming a bit more regularly between announcement and release this time around.

So far, that hasn't been the case, and I'm not sure the prospect of the next thing we've been promised (feedback from a press event, at which there are usually few serious racing gamers anyway) is really setting anyone's pulses racing either.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
PUCHALT said:
because no answer from cm

They have promised us some info this week it's just a matter of waiting for it.
Indeed.  The lack of patience here is really remarkable.  There's very few software developers that have a weekly press release during the development phase of a game.  It is only 18 days since their F1 2015 announcement.  Getting more information this week is a perfectly reasonable wait.  The amount of information we get leading up to release is out of our control, yet everyone continues to demand more.  Instead of complaining about waiting, we should appreciate the fact that we have two community managers who are actually interacting with the community and being as forthcoming as possible.

Personally, gameplay videos won't tell me much because the essence of a racing game/sim is in how it feels.  The closest we can get to that for now (until we have some independent previews by people who have a beta version in their hands) is the developers telling us what changes they've made, so I'd welcome interviews to get some of our questions answered.
Agreed the game was only announced just over 2 weeks ago. They have said they're planning on giving us more info this time. They also said though they're not going to give it all out in one go so we have to be patient and wait for it and allow them to stick to their timetable because hopefully that's what will hopefully sell the game. If it doesn't sell  at the end of the day CM can then only blame themselves for it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
PUCHALT said:
because no answer from cm

They have promised us some info this week it's just a matter of waiting for it.
Indeed.  The lack of patience here is really remarkable.  There's very few software developers that have a weekly press release during the development phase of a game.  It is only 18 days since their F1 2015 announcement.  Getting more information this week is a perfectly reasonable wait.  The amount of information we get leading up to release is out of our control, yet everyone continues to demand more.  Instead of complaining about waiting, we should appreciate the fact that we have two community managers who are actually interacting with the community and being as forthcoming as possible.

Personally, gameplay videos won't tell me much because the essence of a racing game/sim is in how it feels.  The closest we can get to that for now (until we have some independent previews by people who have a beta version in their hands) is the developers telling us what changes they've made, so I'd welcome interviews to get some of our questions answered.
There's also very few software developers that give absolutely no information about their upcoming game just 2 months before the release.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
We can`t be patient when it`s only 2months to release. C`mon guys we must have MORE INFO i know it`s only 2weeks from annoucment but... this  know what is promoting game? They`re doing it wrong.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
We can`t be patient when it`s only 2months to release. C`mon guys we must have MORE INFO i know it`s only 2weeks from annoucment but... this  know what is promoting game? They`re doing it wrong.

maybe they are maybe not but it is their choice to make in the end. We just need to be patient. Because at the e4nd of the day if it comes to it somebody else will eventually pick up the F1 license anyway if CM do end up dropping the ball and are no longer able to deliver. I hope they don't screw up but only time will give us the answer to this I'm afraid.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
All this mystery waiting for a video and some information... its pathetic. Im really  starting to lose my cool with you Codies... all this silence makes me lose hope. The silence and mystery is starting to feel like F1 2013 all over again......  im done using nice words. CHOP CHOP CODIES>>>LETS SEE THOSE VIDEOS ASAP.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Loose = opposite of tight.


I never laughed so hard at my self before.... funny the grammar mistakes one can make when sleepy.

But on a different note..... still no update on F1 2015... im thinking Friday maybe.



Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Zombie said:
Loose = opposite of tight.


I never laughed so hard at my self before.... funny the grammar mistakes one can make when sleepy.

But on a different note..... still no update on F1 2015... im thinking Friday maybe.



Lol, its one of my few pet peeves that one :p most grammer mistakes don't bother me at all.

I think its because my evil ex GF spelled it that way lmao 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
WHEN I SAY "GET THE RACING RIGHT", i mean no  stupid pit stop bug where you get the wrong compound tyres.  no coprner cutting bug where you get panalties for no reason ....

a solid Online mode with Practice, Qualy & EQUAL cars option.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
something else I want. Is AI that isn't just as fast in the wet as they are dry.



Or ALWAYS slow on the first lap in the dry no matter what setting the AI is on...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Zombie said:
Loose = opposite of tight.


I never laughed so hard at my self before.... funny the grammar mistakes one can make when sleepy.

But on a different note..... still no update on F1 2015... im thinking Friday maybe.



Thursday's usually the info day but we'll see.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Some people need to stop demanding information every week. Painful to read. Do you really want every single thing given to you so soon? You're told that information will probably come this week, not definitely and certainly not on the first day or two of the week. I'm fine with it as, say if you get really excited about some bit of news, there's still two months to wait. I'd rather information slowly comes out anyway rather than in big amounts.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Joethe155 said:
Some people need to stop demanding information every week. Painful to read. Do you really want every single thing given to you so soon? You're told that information will probably come this week, not definitely and certainly not on the first day or two of the week. I'm fine with it as, say if you get really excited about some bit of news, there's still two months to wait. I'd rather information slowly comes out anyway rather than in big amounts.
yeah I know I'm getting tired of seeing these posts too.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
It's such a silly game...one side people asking everyday for info and threatening "I'll not buy"...the forum here should have like 1% of their audience...soo...UOW...they must be REALLY afraid..other side Codemasters hidding infos and making a screenshot into a huge deal...come on...why is so hard to just show something and people stop to complain about everything little thing?"This is what we are working this week, it's a very early model." and then ok..everyone get satisfied.The hidding game make people rise hugely their expectations and when they show something everyone is already tired and upset and tend to be very critic.There's no advantage for both sides, IMO.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just Found this guy on twitter & he tweeted this yesterday!
So a F1 2015 trailer is not too far away i imagine, they probably just need to make sure all parties involved are happy.

https://twitter.com/tdk_chiptune/status/588076964310835200

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Sorry if the people are very impatient. But people who like this kind of games, especially the F1, looking forward to this release. Play F1 in PS4 and new engine will be fantastic and why this insistence.
I repeat, seen the first images, I hope it's a real change in F1 games.
My unconditionally all programmers, developers, engineers, testers and communicators codemasters support.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Really everyday? have you kids taken the time to read this thread? LOL

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Joethe155 said:
Some people need to stop demanding information every week. Painful to read. Do you really want every single thing given to you so soon? 
Er, yes, of course we do. Why would anyone *not* want to assimilate everything possible about a product they were interested in buying, as quickly as possible, before deciding whether to buy it? Most people are quite capable of processing large amounts of information, and filtering out the bits they're not interested in.

You: "Hello, I'm interested in the new BMW i8".
Salesman: "Great! They look quite shiny, don't they?"
You: "Er, yes. What's it like to drive?"
Salesman: "Sorry sir, wouldn't want to overload you with information. Come back in a couple of weeks and I might let you see something the press wrote about it."

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

×