Sign in to follow this  

Announcing F1 2015

Joethe155 said:
Some people need to stop demanding information every week. Painful to read. Do you really want every single thing given to you so soon? 
Er, yes. Why on earth would anyone *not* want to know everything possible about a product they were interested in before deciding whether to purchase it? People are, in general, quite capable of processing large amounts of information in one go.

You: "Hello, I'm interested in the new BMW i8".
Salesman: "Great! They're quite shiny this year."
You: "Er, ok. What's it like to drive?"
Salesman: "Come back in a couple of weeks and I might you something the press said about it."

Agreed this is the oldest Codies tactic on the book. And its painfull for us....  Give you all the information on Friday. Leave us with a bunch of question and only answer the ones that benefit them because they have had the entire weekend to select questions.  Thats totally unfair.

Edit: PS Not everything that needs to be talked about needs to be all great and fireworks Codies. We also want to know how you plan to undo all the mistakes the staff have done before the internal changes. So in short... YES we want to know EVERY single detail. We will not fall for another badly made game. Some of us have been around here for a long time and from the past experinces.... well we have lost hope on Codies (Some more then others), some of us are looking to rekindle that relationship with a fresh start that "seems" to be this year.  So we are after all the information we can get before we decide if Codies is the company we wish to continue buying games, money does not grow on trees.  There is always project cars and rfactor 2. I just choose to talk to them in a more edcuated manner then calling them names and yelling at them with no real reason. That gives zero positive results. I don't think we are pushy... we just want a good game. For once.

We are not too far away from release... all we have seen is a few pictures and some text. We still have questions and no answers.

So, when is CM going to post gameplay videos?
By gameplay I mean videos of people actually playing the game, not replays or intro or any of that stuff.

Hi everyone,

Right so I might get my wrist slapped for giving you this info but I wanted you to know anyway and I don't mind taking the bullet in the morning.

So you know how I'd mentioned that this week that there was a press embargo up for F1 2015? Well the embargo for that is tomorrow (Thursday) at 1am UK time. 

I know the timing might seem weird but all previews and interviews were at Namco's Level up event and with them being a Japanese company that is what time works for them. 

Obviously this is brilliant news for you Australians and Americans for a change but I didn't want the UK and European guys to feel like we were trying to hide something or be shadey (be honest that's totally what you would have thought :P)

That said we don't have any control over the press so I've no idea if everybody will run all their news bang on 1am but I expect most will.

As far as I know they have been doing interviews with Lee Mather and Paul Jeal, they've got some hands on time with the game so I expect there will be pleanty of interviews and previews going live.

We'll also be revealing our box art tomorrow and we'll be doing a round up blog featuring all the coverage. Oh and they'll be some new screenshots too (there is a really awesome Lotus one I think you'll all like).

I've already said too much but I'm super excited to read what you think when I wake up tomorrow. 

:)

That's really made my day :smiley: thanks Lee. as for mmpaw37 ...maybe the Calm book can be put down for a bit and this will cure your fire ;-) My bday happens to be on launch so i'm hoping this is enough to tied me over

Hi everyone,

Right so I might get my wrist slapped for giving you this info but I wanted you to know anyway and I don't mind taking the bullet in the morning.

So you know how I'd mentioned that this week that there was a press embargo up for F1 2015? Well the embargo for that is tomorrow (Thursday) at 1am UK time. 

I know the timing might seem weird but all previews and interviews were at Namco's Level up event and with them being a Japanese company that is what time works for them. 

Obviously this is brilliant news for you Australians and Americans for a change but I didn't want the UK and European guys to feel like we were trying to hide something or be shadey (be honest that's totally what you would have thought :P)

That said we don't have any control over the press so I've no idea if everybody will run all their news bang on 1am but I expect most will.

As far as I know they have been doing interviews with Lee Mather and Paul Jeal, they've got some hands on time with the game so I expect there will be pleanty of interviews and previews going live.

We'll also be revealing our box art tomorrow and we'll be doing a round up blog featuring all the coverage. Oh and they'll be some new screenshots too (there is a really awesome Lotus one I think you'll all like).

I've already said too much but I'm super excited to read what you think when I wake up tomorrow. 

:)
Just as well I go to bed quite late then :p

I know this question is slightly off topic but does anyone know if F1 Career Challenge is anygood? (xbox). My son & i wanna have a blast of the past. Should be a major step back from F1 2015 :smiley: infact it might make us feel like we're playing a sim (F1 2015)

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2015-04-16-f1-2015-injects-a-little-more-drama-into-codemasters-series

@justbiglee euro gamer jumped the gun? :smiley: 

Pro mode is just a full weekend mode (so full practice sessions are back), but it's not the sim mode we were hoping it was.

Still limited to 16 human players online which isn't filling me with optimism about improvements about netcode.

Haven't found any other notable news yet.

June 12th confirmed as release date.

Manor won't be in the initial release, but will be added with DLC.  As of now, Bianchi will be in the 2014 content, but they're checking with the team and his family for approval.

Tomi1997 said:
http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2015-04-16-f1-2015-injects-a-little-more-drama-into-codemasters-series

@justbiglee euro gamer jumped the gun? :smiley: 
Looks like pretty much every site under the sun has.

Pro mode is just a full weekend mode (so full practice sessions are back), but it's not the sim mode we were hoping it was.
Seems Pro mode will also force cockpit cam, ban all assists, and turn off the HUD - not particularly groundbreaking since we've always been able to do that.

Anyone found any gameplay videos yet? Seems they are taking a step forward in the right direction....

Zombie said:
B)

Where are the pit girls: 
There actually is a pit girl holding Perez's sign :wink: 
Although I wonder if we get a formation lap, but with the reports it doesn't seem like it.