Sign in to follow this  

Announcing F1 2015

@justbiglee why no mention of  in-game voice commands for PC?
I'm wondering this too, is it omission from the press release or the game? If it's the game it will be ironic as I've been using a program suggested by someone over on Racedepartment to use voice controls  in F1 2013 and F1 2014 (tyre choice, brake balance, fuel mix, etc) for ages. It's remarkably good and all you need is the software and a headset. Which makes me wonder why Kinect and the PS camera are necessary rather than just a headset on the consoles. Aren't they for non-verbal communication only?

Given that the PS4 does not support my wheel (G27) or my triple monitor setup I have no choice but to stick with PC so I hope the PC isn't a crippled version of the game. I think Codemasters will find quite a big part of the community is now PC because of the lack of wheel support for things other than Thrustmaster on the consoles. 

The game sounds and looks great apart from that BTW.

I'm excited now. The Kinect stuff sounds great even though I don't have Kinect and don't have much interest in it. I guess there's not really a way to have so many voice commands available for non-Kinect users, which is fair enough.

20 Questions.  

I understand you might not be able to answer them all, but answers to any would be greatly appreciated :)

1. Will there be dedicated servers, or if not, will there be improvements to the netcode so that sync issues and disconnects are mitigated?
2. On PC, have you fixed the issue of being disconnected if Steam goes down?
3. Have you removed the hidden steering assist and Traction Control from gamepads, and made using a gamepad a disadvantage rather than an advantage (or at least equal)?
4. Will setup values be changed to real world values instead of the 1-11 scale?
5. Will online grid sizes be increased to 20 to match the real world?
6. Will there be any League specific features, such as allowing the host to define grid positions, and have the host be the only one who can select "Go To Track"?
7. Will pit stops be manual, meaning we control the pit speed limiter, the driving, and are responsible for stopping in the correct spot in our box?
8. Is there now a force cockpit view for League races?
9. Has the sidepod glitch been fixed?
10. Is it possible on PC to communicate with our Race Engineer, or is that only on console?
11. Has corner cutting been fixed, and has the auto-slow when off track been removed/replaced with a better means to manage running off track?
12. Are there pit boards?
13. Is there a feature to export results on PC?
14. Can replays of online races be saved?
15. Is Pro mode equivalent to Sim mode, where we now have something that feels like iRacing, Assetto Corsa, rFactor, etc?
16. Doubtful, but I'll ask anyway, as other games are starting to do this:  Will there be multi-format online racing, meaning Xbox ONE and PC drivers can race together?
17. Has the "V-Sync" bug been fixed on PC, whereby a high framerate would cause erratic wheel behavior with certain wheels (G27 for instance), and turning V-Sync on was one way to solve it by limiting the framerate.
18. If we damage our front wing, is there now the option to NOT have it replaced during a pit stop?
19. Will there be native support for VR headsets?
20. Can we select our own car numbers for online races?

Thanks

20 Questions.  

I understand you might not be able to answer them all, but answers to any would be greatly appreciated :)

Thanks
Hey @moogleslam, all good questions and you suspected correctly, sadly I can't answer them all now but I will d my best to over the next few weeks.

I can (kind of) answer number 15 though
moogleslam said:

15. Is Pro mode equivalent to Sim mode, where we now have something that feels like iRacing, Assetto Corsa, rFactor, etc?

Kind of yes but there is a bit more to it than that, I'll share full details on how it all works in more depth as soon as I can. 

As for question 16... yeah you thought correctly, it won't be an option in this game.

mmpaw37 said:

Just a question though @justbiglee, what exactly can we expect from a marketing perspective, from now up until release? I.E. More screens, videos, hotlaps etc.

More of everything, I'm not showing you my hand yet though. Gotta let me keep some surprises :P

Thanks, Lee.  It's a start :)

Looking forward to the rest of them being answered at some point :)
Yeah will be nice to hear something about career mode as well

Anything to say about ai? As that's been the huge downfall in the previous games, for me anyway. The rest sounds brilliant though :)

Thanks, Lee.  It's a start :)

Looking forward to the rest of them being answered at some point :)
I could answers most those for you and I bet I would be correct on them all. :)

mmpaw37 said:

@justbiglee, one more question, and i'm sure you can answer this...

In regards to the 'podium' sequences, the drivers won't have their helmets on will they...?

If not, it must have been lots of work for the modellers to do ALL the driver heads!

Wait! They have said there are podium sequences? I must of been dreaming whilst i read that part!

KR3 said:
@justbiglee the Kinect & Playstation Headset to talk to engineer feature strikes out to me, I'm from Newcastle, therefore a geordie accent... Will I be understood by my engineer?
Of course! :smiley:
What about on PC, can we use mics to talk to the engineer? If not then boo  :p

sorry but the graphics are not realistic................ it's not next gen it s very bad...
unfortunately There Are Best in neighboring...bye bye 
http://www.wmdportal.com/projectnews/project-cars-community-gallery-78/

mmpaw37 said:

In regards to the 'podium' sequences, the drivers won't have their helmets on will they...?

If not, it must have been lots of work for the modellers to do ALL the driver heads!

Why would they have their helmets on? How would they drink the champagne? 

mmpaw37 said:
Abdellah said:
sorry but the graphics are not realistic................ it's not next gen it s very bad...

Its leaps and bounds over its predecessors, isn't that the point...?. Can you be more specific as to what you mean by 'Its not next-gen or Very bad'?

Sorry but I don't think we understand the 'unfortunately there are best in neighboring...bye bye'

ok... I'll answer you with a question
Your opinion, All images presented today ... Is that next Gen? 

Abdellah said:

The graphics definitely aren't close to that of Project CARS, which have fooled more than a few people into thinking they're looking at a real life video, but the F1 2015 graphics look improved and more than adequate.  Previous incarnations of this game had a lot of issues, and if graphics were one of them, it was certainly near the bottom of the priority list.  Graphics don't make a sim.  Race 07 is a testament to that - we still have a league for it, and it's incredible to race cars in it.

mmpaw37 said:

They have straws! For their water bottles ^_^

Abdellah said:

The graphics definitely aren't close to that of Project CARS, which have fooled more than a few people into thinking they're looking at a real life video, but the F1 2015 graphics look improved and more than adequate.  Previous incarnations of this game had a lot of issues, and if graphics were one of them, it was certainly near the bottom of the priority list.  Graphics don't make a sim.  Race 07 is a testament to that - we still have a league for it, and it's incredible to race cars in it.
I'm playing Pcars as we speak, and if you want to see videos there's loads in the off topic section, and I think they look close to Pcars.

@justbiglee - could you please elaborate on what is meant by "grid sequences".  Are we talking about pre-launch tasks in the car, formation laps, manually getting your car to the correct position on the grid, a more manual starting process including potential false starts, etc?  What exactly.  Thanks

Britpoint said:
mmpaw37 said:

They have straws! For their water bottles ^_^
At least then, Lewis wouldn't be worrying about his helmet hair :)

Abdellah said:
mmpaw37 said:
Abdellah said:

Its leaps and bounds over its predecessors, isn't that the point...?. Can you be more specific as to what you mean by 'Its not next-gen or Very bad'?

Sorry but I don't think we understand the 'unfortunately there are best in neighboring...bye bye'

ok... I'll answer you with a question
Your opinion, All images presented today ... Is that next Gen? 
No, it's the current generation, next gen means it's not released yet, 

@justbiglee - could you please elaborate on what is meant by "grid sequences".  Are we talking about pre-launch tasks in the car, formation laps, manually getting your car to the correct position on the grid, a more manual starting process including potential false starts, etc?  What exactly.  Thanks
No nothing like that, it's part of the whole broadcast style presentation we're going with so think of it as more like mimicking the kind of stuff you see on TV before a race in the same way the podium stuff comes after the race. Hope to show it to you as soon as we can so it makes a little more sense.

@justbiglee 
about the talking to the engineer. blog says you can do it on both consioles by kinect and ps camera. but by headset it is only mentioned that you can do that on ps4. it doesnt say you can talk to engineer on xbox one by headset. ist that true? i am on xbox, and i would be not happy if i would have to buy kinect in order to talk to my engineer, because i wont get an kiect as i find it noet handy for what i do.