Sign in to follow this  

Announcing F1 2015

Zombie said:
B)

Where are the pit girls: 
There actually is a pit girl holding Perez's sign :wink: 
Although I wonder if we get a formation lap, but with the reports it doesn't seem like it.

Nice eye man! By the way i would think by going with the picture... and all the new Tv broadcast style.. I'm sure formation laps will be in.... would kinda not make sence to leave em out.... i guess we will have to wait till more info comes out.... I had a feeling we would only see more reports tonight...  Also there should be some gameplay videos coming soon... Lee said a lot of press played the game at namco. Maybe those videos are not out for us to watch yet.... will check back tomorrow. G night.

I've read a preview/review from Red Bull and they seem to think that F1 2015 is a big improvement over F1 2014. Codies seem to have a strong foundation down. Check it out for yourselves and voice your opinion on it. http://www.redbull.com/ie/en/games/stories/1331717187999/f1-2015-preview-the-perfect-formula

Pro mode is just a full weekend mode (so full practice sessions are back), but it's not the sim mode we were hoping it was.

Still limited to 16 human players online which isn't filling me with optimism about improvements about netcode.

Haven't found any other notable news yet.
Is it confirmed?

The Eurogamer article doesn't make Pro Mode sound worth it, although maybe it's an indication of there being something for the "sim" crowd?. And it's interesting that they say there's a year of the contract left.

I've had it pre-ordered pretty much since it was announced anyway.

Joethe155 said:
The Eurogamer article doesn't make Pro Mode sound worth it, although maybe it's an indication of there being something for the "sim" crowd?. And it's interesting that they say there's a year of the contract left.

I haven't heard anything about it being a sim mode..... No hud, no assists, and cockpit cam do not make a sim mode.  The handling/physics/feedback make a sim mode.

I just said maybe.

I'm surprised that the commentary is from Croft and Davidson as well. Thought they might have got Brundle with Croft. Might havebeen easier to get Davidson as he's worked with them in the past.

Joethe155 said:

I haven't heard anything about it being a sim mode..... No hud, no assists, and cockpit cam do not make a sim mode.  The handling/physics/feedback make a sim mode.

Pro Season Mode IS Sim mode. If you read the first post by BigLee you will see there is over 30 new tweaks and improvements to pyshics/handling/force feedback. The no assist and no HUD is just a good addition to the feel.. there is always people who want to play more SIM style... but always have some type of assist on and then cry that the game is not close enough to sim.   

"30 new tweaks and improvements to physics/handling/force feedback" do not equal sim mode either.  There has been no statement to date that they've tried to make F1 2015 a simulation.  I'm excited at some of the changes, as well as the positive previews about the handling and feedback, but again, there has been no confirmation that F1 2015 has taken a departure from past games to become a simulation.

"30 new tweaks and improvements to physics/handling/force feedback" do not equal sim mode either.  There has been no statement to date that they've tried to make F1 2015 a simulation.  I'm excited at some of the changes, as well as the positive previews about the handling and feedback, but again, there has been no confirmation that F1 2015 has taken a departure from past games to become a simulation.

What are you talking about?? All games ARE simulations in a virtual world. Fiction or reality... its still a simulation. From what i have read there is a lot of evidence that they are trying to make this "pro season" mode close to a sim to appeal to the the greatest of gaming drivers out there. I have no idea where you have been reading... but this year is a whole new era in next gen. Also BigLee has made it very clear that this is a complete departure from the past titles, i think him saying disregard the past titles and think of this as the first F1 game by codies seems to be very clear that this is indeed a whole new era. Also those 30 tweaks are just few of many... Pro Season mode has not been made public yet and was not shown at Namco. So really nobody knows to the extent of "sim" it will be. B)

There's positive stuff from previews and the development team regarding the handling every year so I personally take that with a lot of salt. There needs to be more than just great handling. Recent games have all had decent handling at least they need more than just that in order to make you keep coming back.

Perhaps in Pro Mode the race engineer will have more to say? I'm guessing not as it would be unfair to those who might want to race a full race with some assists or whatever. I'm just wondering if the race engineer will be as effective for those without either Kinect or the Playstation Camera. If you search for the interview they did in late 2013, they mentioned the engineer getting a lot more focus.

Still looking forward to get some co-op info, this is not covered in any of the articles i've read... hoping CM will come straight with some info on this soon.. ;)

And still no information on formation lap... but if they are going with broadcast style... would think they have included it... it is afterall the most iconic part of the starting phase on TV right after the grid walk and anthems before the official race start.  

I've read some of the previews and I'm quietly optimistic. Perhaps I expected more detailed information and some videos, but what could the press get after playing a specific preview build with one track only?

This sentence from Eurogamer's preview is quite interesting:
F1 2015 doesn't exactly mark a bold new direction for the series, and it's not quite the reboot that was promised, but in its full-blooded simulation of the new breed of F1 cars it is at least a reminder that Codemasters understands where the sport's real appeal lies.

For the company of Codemaster's size it must have been a big investment to re-write the engine from scratch for the game and perhaps the feature set is not extensive. I like how now they see a benefit of providing updates and improvements to the game once it's released.

However, the most important thing is getting the core of the game right. From the sounds of it Codies tried hard to nail the physics not to make it 'sim-like', but to make it authentic. I'm sure piloting the F1 beasts is not an easy task, but if the game physics engine is created such that it relays key details (tyre behaviour, track bumps and kerbs) then it will have a good chance to feel intuitive.
With the previous games the Codies were adapting an engine made for a variety of games. As a result we had the not so 'equal' online cars, at times flat feeling FFB, incremental improvements.

Finally, there is an opportunity to build a system tailored for an F1 game. I'm glad the Codies had the right priorities in sight when creating it.

I've read some of the previews and I'm quietly optimistic. Perhaps I expected more detailed information and some videos, but what could the press get after playing a specific preview build with one track only?

This sentence from Eurogamer's preview is quite interesting:
F1 2015 doesn't exactly mark a bold new direction for the series, and it's not quite the reboot that was promised, but in its full-blooded simulation of the new breed of F1 cars it is at least a reminder that Codemasters understands where the sport's real appeal lies.

For the company of Codemaster's size it must have been a big investment to re-write the engine from scratch for the game and perhaps the feature set is not extensive. I like how now they see a benefit of providing updates and improvements to the game once it's released.

However, the most important thing is getting the core of the game right. From the sounds of it Codies tried hard to nail the physics not to make it 'sim-like', but to make it authentic. I'm sure piloting the F1 beasts is not an easy task, but if the game physics engine is created such that it relays key details (tyre behaviour, track bumps and kerbs) then it will have a good chance to feel intuitive.
With the previous games the Codies were adapting an engine made for a variety of games. As a result we had the not so 'equal' online cars, at times flat feeling FFB, incremental improvements.

Finally, there is an opportunity to build a system tailored for an F1 game. I'm glad the Codies had the right priorities in sight when creating it.

Autheticity equals better realism.

That one is nice... but i do prefer this one... cause of how fresh and and alive it looks.