Sign in to follow this  

Announcing F1 2015

I am truly impressed by the new images that have been presented. I'm anxious to see the first videos and interviews.

@justbiglee Everything seems to be improving well. But haven't heard much at all on the damage physics. 
I've read a Dutch interview with Codemasters, where they mention that damage is going to be way more realistic(its an option for the driver) to the extend that even minor contact can damage your car, unlike the previous games where you needed serious impact

@justbiglee Everything seems to be improving well. But haven't heard much at all on the damage physics. 
I've read a Dutch interview with Codemasters, where they mention that damage is going to be way more realistic(its an option for the driver) to the extend that even minor contact can damage your car, unlike the previous games where you needed serious impact

Link plz? I know Dutch. I find it odd this damage subject has not been mentioned on any english articles. thanks.

Zombie said:
And still no information on formation lap... but if they are going with broadcast style... would think they have included it... it is afterall the most iconic part of the starting phase on TV right after the grid walk and anthems before the official race start.  
It is? Personally I use it as a good opportunity to either go to the loo or make some coffee!

Zombie said:
And still no information on formation lap... but if they are going with broadcast style... would think they have included it... it is afterall the most iconic part of the starting phase on TV right after the grid walk and anthems before the official race start.  
It is? Personally I use it as a good opportunity to either go to the loo or make some coffee!

Bigger older fans pee, poop and eat before the good stuff starts hahahaha  ;) Specially the SkySportsF1 broadcasts are full of interviews and goodies to watch before all the action.  To me the party begins the minute i turn on that TV... my wife and kids already know to stay quiet during race weekends, guess im a big F1 fan. lol

Zombie said:

Link plz? I know Dutch. I find it odd this damage subject has not been mentioned on any english articles. thanks.
http://www.f1journaal.be/index.php/nieuws/artikel/f1-2015-een-exclusief-interview-met-codemasters/?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+F1journaal+F1journaal.be+-+Dagelijks+F1+Nieuws

3 key facts from that Dutch preview mentioned by Mitchell7x
1) Starting procedure seems to be very different.
2) Much improved damage 
3) Pitstops still automatic 

This is translation of part of the interview. (It's not perfect- blame Google translate), but you can still get the jist of what is being said.

"Not only from a graphic point we can expect a clear progress, the physics and damage model were thoroughly taken care of. The latter is improved in accordance with Code Masters in many respects. The level of damage can as usual be adjusted depending on the skill of the player, ranging from zero to super sensitive. The last setting will be a lot more caution than requiring "full damage" setting at the previous F1 games where you had to rock pretty hard into the wall to drive your car in the destruction. The Pro Season mode is the default setting for most severe damage. Here the slightest touch can all cause damage to your car. "Can", because as we have seen this season in Formula 1 itself will remain certain collisions surprisingly harmless."

"A novelty is that the starting procedure in the new game to be set manually. In addition, the player can choose whether he will be the car in neutral, then put it in first gear at the start. Jumpstarts and the associated penalties will also be part of the regulations in F1 2015. Pitstops remain happen automatically from the moment the pit speed limiter comes into force."

mmpaw37 said:
V4TT4LWC said:
Any photo of steering wheels¿

THANKYOU!..., At last someone who agrees with me! ;)

So @justbiglee, can we see the steering wheels m8?...And for god's sake, please don't say they aren't the same as IRL...that would be a real kick in the ****!

f1 2014 steering wheels ridiculous  :'( :s

TeamVVV calling the handling much improved and towards simulation is big pro for me! It's starting to look good, this F1 2015!

End of the day every title has been hyped and not met a lot of people's expectations. Until people have physically played it theirselves we can't be judging anything. 

http://esport.kicker.de/esport/mehrsportgames/625117/artikel_f1-2015_grosse-vorschau-auf-die-neue-saison.html
Looks like there really is no longer an option to create your own driver. Courtesy to google translate:
In addition, the developer has accepted the long-standing criticism again to better convey the feeling of a Formula 1 race. Now there are not only commentators who herald the race with a small intro, but finally sensible podium scenes. They will also look at the driver for the first time without a helmet. Who now but pleased that he make his own pilots individually and won with him after a race may distribute champagne showers will be disappointed. In F1 2015, there will no longer be able to create their own driver who takes the place of a professional. Instead, must be used in all modes on a real professional racers. . "We have focused this year on it to put the player in the shoes of a real racing driver If we can create the player a driver, we would again make compromises - especially among the commentators That would not be the desired level of presentation. be, we wanted to achieve, "said Lee Mather.
Which means, I'm not gonna bother with Codemaster's F1 games anymore.

I am very happy to know that all free practices are back, of course that there are other improvements that we should have, but that is the Codemasters way, as far as I understood all free practices will be only in the Pro Season Mode, they never do a complete improvement, it would not be simpler to introduce for all modes with an option for those who don't want to do all practices?

Adding, another thing that I am wainting is the wheel support, will G27 be supported by F1 2015 and PS4?

PauloRic said:
Adding, another thing that I am wainting is the wheel support, will G27 be supported by F1 2015 and PS4?

Most likely not I'm afraid. We'll have to wait for official confirmation but as it stands, no Logitech wheels are compatible with any PS4 titles. 

Joethe155 said:
I just said maybe.

I'm surprised that the commentary is from Croft and Davidson as well. Thought they might have got Brundle with Croft. Might havebeen easier to get Davidson as he's worked with them in the past.
That's why I think they went with Davidson given they know him and Crofty given they've worked with them ever since this series started.

Joethe155 said:
I just said maybe.

I'm surprised that the commentary is from Croft and Davidson as well. Thought they might have got Brundle with Croft. Might havebeen easier to get Davidson as he's worked with them in the past.
That's why I think they went with Davidson given they know him and Crofty given they've worked with them ever since this series started.
Just a guess, but I'd say Martin Brundle probably commands a higher price tag than Anthony Davidson.

Zombie said:
Generally so do I

Full race weekend back at last!!! I read that pro season mode locks the camera to helmet cam. I want to do a full race weekend with cockpit cam though, is that possible CM ??

I think in CM terms, cockpit and helmet cam are probably the same (even though I know they're often different in other sims)

Joethe155 said:
I just said maybe.

Just a guess, but I'd say Martin Brundle probably commands a higher price tag than Anthony Davidson.
possibly that too but Brundle has done commentary before on these types of games as he was on F1CE but it doesn't bother me who does the commentary as long as it's done well.

We have a quick bullet point roundup of  all the news on our homepage, along with the 5 screenshots released:  http://www.precisionracingleague.com/

We have a quick bullet point roundup of  all the news on our homepage, along with the 5 screenshots released:  http://www.precisionracingleague.com/
Source on manual start procedure? I've skimmed articles but haven't seen anything on it