Scheduled Updates and BETA Shutdown - 06/07/2020 Read more... ×
Sign in to follow this  

Announcing F1 2015

We have a quick bullet point roundup of  all the news on our homepage, along with the 5 screenshots released:  http://www.precisionracingleague.com/
Thanks for writing up the summary. One thing I've learned from Lee's Twitter is that Croft/Davidson commentary is only during pre- and post- race segments. So while you race there will be no commentary, just the info and your requests to the Race Engineer.

This is all sounding quite good. The more I think about it, the more a lack of career is a shame and it would be great to have it but maybe next tear. The damage stuff is probably sounding the best to me. Love that it says it can be really sensitive, hopefully like the Geoff Crammond Grand Prix games.

Can someone find out about this manual start on if it's true because it would be nice if it was true. I only saw it on some translated review and not on the others so it would be nice for a confirmation 
@justbiglee ?
Anyone?

Tomi1997 said:
Can someone find out about this manual start on if it's true because it would be nice if it was true. I only saw it on some translated review and not on the others so it would be nice for a confirmation 
@justbiglee ?
Anyone?
A Dutch site apparently had an exclusive interview with Codemasters, and there they were told that there would be the option to do manual starts (so jumpstarts would also be possible). 

Link: http://www.f1journaal.be/index.php/nieuws/artikel/f1-2015-een-exclusief-interview-met-codemasters/

Do you guys know what a hell championship mode is? Is it like career or is it same as pro just with assists. If it is career than no playing as Kimi for me cause i am really casual gamer and i need some assists... :blush: 

How many more Codemasters F1 games there will be remains to be seen, with another year left on the licence, and with the intent on the publisher's behalf to renew it once time is up. F1 2015 doesn't exactly mark a bold new direction for the series, and it's not quite the reboot that was promised, but in its full-blooded simulation of the new breed of F1 cars it is at least a reminder that Codemasters understands where the sport's real appeal lies.
From euro gamer, end part of the article doesn't sound promising? 

dk1972 said:
Do you guys know what a hell championship mode is? Is it like career or is it same as pro just with assists. If it is career than no playing as Kimi for me cause i am really casual gamer and i need some assists... :blush: 
Like career mode on the old games. But u can't be urself. U can have assists and everything on. 

From what I read it sounds like all 3 practice sessions are in Pro Season only, and will not be in championship mode. Is that right?

dk1972 said:
Championship mode is like the normal mode, (you can do what you like here with your settings etc) Pro season mode is the super hardcore mode, no assists, UI off, max level AI, 100% races, etc etc

@justbiglee any idea when we can get some info on wheel support (specifically fanatec) and a confirmation of co-op mode still existing? 

@justbiglee mate I know they're some things you can't reply to and stuff but I'm really interested to know about the starts? any comment

dk1972 said:
Championship mode is like the normal mode, (you can do what you like here with your settings etc) Pro season mode is the super hardcore mode, no assists, UI off, max level AI, 100% races, etc etc

So Championship mode is chose driver and team and race ONE season?  Just wonder since in the announcement it stands ''Championship Season mode'' so it almost sounded like the old career mode just with a real driver...

I am not so sure about buying this game... eurogamer and other big company names to me are not the kind of review to trust AT ALL, because they get paid to bring news and paint games as the "best thing" you ever seen. I seem to be getting caught in the hype... but i gotta bring myself back into reality and not forget the past bad stuff. (Nice try Codies) Also i read a while back think it was about F1 2013 that was named a "full simulation" style game best game ever... we all know how that turned out. Also i am not sure how the TV broadcast style is going to work.... will it be the same animations over and over? Will there be commentary during the entire race as you play each track? or will there be commentary only during replays? There is also the question of the AI... i read a review saying that the AI are still easy and need imrovements because it will was quite easy to pass them even in the wet... in SINGAPORE. Another thing is formation lap.... nobody has given any sort of insight into this. Nobody knows what they have done in order to prevent the same problems that we had in the previous titles as far as bugs go... nobody has given us any insight on how they plan to prevent this.... nobody has given us any insight what they plan to do if the game has bugs... will it be patched? or will it be tossed like the old titles... Safety Car... sure cosmetic.... not important... but for some it is... still no insight on inprovements.... will it come out more often? each time an new article comes out... it gets more confusing... because they all contradict eachother. Think i am going to cancel my pre order and wait for regular reviews, by regular people. Don't get me wrong... the game looks stunning... visually... But thats about it... we still know nothing really. Seems like Codies are trying to steer away from the past problems..... which is a terrible thing to do. You do not run for your problems and sweep them under the rug... if you cared.. you would speak about what you have done to prevent the same thing from happening again and again and again. I know you are new BigLee... here. But your not new to gaming... you should know the bad rep Codemasters currently has with F1. I am trying hard to rekindle the bad taste Codies has left us for years now... but instead of answers... i have more unanwered questions. And its not just me.. many others too. And if you guys do care... well where are all those answers? Release date is coming soon and all we have seen are some pics... come on guys.. you seem to be pulling hat tricks from the Steve Hood manual.

The lack of carreer mode is a HUGE stepback IMO.But it's something to discuss with FOM about driver transfers and etc.If major sports business like FIFA and NBA allows, why not try on the next license negotiation?People will not stop drinking RedBull because Ricciardo went to McLaren in a fantasy world...If you can see Messi playing for RealMadrid, why couldn't Vettel drives for Williams?It's just a game!!!
Besides that, let's hope it's a solid engine and a nice foundation to build up.

I don't want to do full races, and also don't want arcade racing like 90% of other driving games out there.  I'd like to have the option to set up the game the way I want.  Pro Season mode forcing 100% races is a major downer. 

Don't get me wrong, I'd love to have time to do 100% races, but wife & kids & life....

OGFedfan said:
I don't want to do full races, and also don't want arcade racing like 90% of other driving games out there.  I'd like to have the option to set up the game the way I want.  Pro Season mode forcing 100% races is a major downer. 

Don't get me wrong, I'd love to have time to do 100% races, but wife & kids & life....

Thats a very good point... there will be many times when some of us will be way too busy with life stuff in order to do full 100% races.. this is a good raised point. Maybe they should add the race distance option at least... so that busy players with life stuff can take advantage of this new mode.

Having forced set distances will sort of turns busy people off to play it... unless mid session save is still one of the options... still would like to have some sort of "race" control.

OGFedfan said:
Dedicate yourself to your wife, kids and life then

I have to say I'm a bit confused about this Pro Mode.

If I understand it correctly one may achieve the same thing by going to the normal Championship mode and making the settings the same: camera, race length, AI, no assists, no HUD...  So what does the Pro mode that you can't get just by changing the settings?

In my case I would not do 100% distance races as I just don't have the time. If there are some cool achievements from the Pro Mode I just won't be able to get them as I can't dedicate the time...

I do like it that Codies focused on the core of the game right before going for extended features, but Pro Mode does not seem like a feature - just a shortcut to a specific set of settings...

Has anyone noticed the pic of the mclaren in the rain has a number 14 on it and Button driving it (helmet is red and not Alonso's) and if I'm not losing my mind Button is 22 not 14. Also please fix the bug when you look in the rear view mirrors you see the number of the drivers teammate eg: Hamilton had 6 instead of 44 and also the nose of the Mercedes had some glitched Petronas logo upside down so please fix it codies :)

hola said:
OGFedfan said:
Dedicate yourself to your wife, kids and life then.

How about you deciate your self to your own life and not telling others what they should do with there own life. :)  

I just read that commentary is only before and after the race... not during the actual race.. that stinks... Because the game is most dead WHILE YOU'RE RACING in single players mode. Not before it or after it. Stupid decision. I bet the "jump in car" animation has been replaced by 30 seconds of commentary and thats it. AI is still dodgy from what some articles indicate... still easy to pass even in the wet in Singapore. This game is a step forward... but not the huge leap everyone was looking for in Next Gen.  And some recpected F1 media sources online seem to think so too. Don't be fooled and read reviews from big companies... I don't know how other older game making engines managed to do full race commetary, before after and during the race in PAST OLDER Formula 1 titles. Make Cranes that pick up cars on track when they crash operable... Official hub graphics.... and TV style cams, ect ect. And its taken you guys 5 years to get close to even a good game that compares to your older better competitions. How is it that older technology is better then this new one? makes no sense. Sorry Codies but im not too impressed. All your games ever seem to be is just a spectacular show of graphics and thats about it. If im wrong.. please... i will be happy to stand corrected by a Codies member of staff who can show me a improved game. All i seen to date are pictures... and endless articles that recyle the same stuff over and over by people who are none gamers to begin with. Blog writers.. News paper magazine writers are NOT gaming experts. how do you expect us to take positive feedback from such sources. Mr Lee.... we still have questions and no answers. Just read this entire thread. Im not the only one after information. So please don't shoot the messanger.  

No really new info in this 'preview' to get my juices flowing sadly.  It feels like part 2 of the of the original announcement.  Hopefully with the lightweight stuff out of the way, we're going to get some proper in-depth features with video's and detailed explanations about what the new engine is bringing in terms of weather, damage model, more realistic replays etc  In a nutshell I personally want to know so much more about the new engine, and have been wanting to know since its announcement (last year?), with hopefully something more than bringing 1080p and 60fps to console.

Zombie said:
hola said:
OGFedfan said:
Dedicate yourself to your wife, kids and life then.

How about you deciate your self to your own life and not telling others what they should do with there own life. :)  

And please make proper use of punctuation and paragraphs when posting. Going through your usual walls of text really gives some serious headache.