Sign in to follow this  

Announcing F1 2015

hola said:
Zombie said:
hola said:
OGFedfan said:
Don't get me wrong, I'd love to have time to do 100% races, but wife & kids & life....
Dedicate yourself to your wife, kids and life then.

How about you deciate your self to your own life and not telling others what they should do with there own life. :)  

And please make proper use of punctuation and paragraphs when posting. Going through your usual walls of text really gives some serious headache.

Sorry thats how i write..  i like to write the way i would speak to you if you where in front of me. i tend to go with the flow of my toughts. Paragraphs and general grammar is the last thing i think about.

I actually really like the fact career mode this time is one season long. I never could be bothered doing more than 2 seasons with the last games, its just a chore. And to power through those 5, 6, 7 year career modes the races have to be shorter, and thats not fun.

One season, no assists, HUD etc, cockpit cam...this is F1. Granted license issues are what really stops driver transfers and the like, so why not make the best with what you have.

@gentleNameMVB I was thinking the exact same thoughts. It simply is (at present), just a shortcut mode with cuts out assists and views. Which you could do In championship mode I'm guessing?

I suppose we cannot 100% confirm if there is any more to this mode until info is provided or when the game is released.

I was looking forward to F12015 on next gen as I missed out on F12014 as I only had a ps4, but without career mode (my favourite) and what looks to be a lazy 'fixed setting' pro made I'm not too sure I will invest

I dont think we shall have pro season. If someone want to play with cockpit cam and no assists he will do that in championship. Pro remainds me on non sense season challenge in 2012, once differense is that this is a different kind of challenge. I think that F1 2010 had the best features including career and grand prix either. Btw I am going to buy it for sure but just it is one and only fully licenced F1 game.

MrSatay said:
I actually really like the fact career mode this time is one season long. I never could be bothered doing more than 2 seasons with the last games, its just a chore. And to power through those 5, 6, 7 year career modes the races have to be shorter, and thats not fun.

One season, no assists, HUD etc, cockpit cam...this is F1. Granted license issues are what really stops driver transfers and the like, so why not make the best with what you have.
What difference does it make by playing only 1 or 2 seasons out of 7 compared with 1 singular season? Nobody is forcing you to play all the seasons, at least with longer career modes there is a choice rather than being forced to play singular seasons as is the case with this game.

I have to agree about Pro mode - it is a bit silly to advertise it as a feature, when it's always been there by changing the settings.  If it was a sim mode, that would be more exciting... but Team VVV did say the handling in the game as a whole leans toward a simulation, so there's hope....

I really am wondering what CM was hoping to achieve with those press reviews? All of them were pretty vague and nondescript, not offering real information or opinion but rather going with the standard "much improved" line which honestly after F1 2014 means absolutely nothing. And on top of that none of the reviewers are serious racing entities to begin with. Team VVV is the only exception but their review was just as vague, not giving real opinion, insight or even material to start discussion on. Not to mention that they also play much more hardcore games there so I wouldn't expect them to over the moon with the physics model anyway. 

All in all, these press stuff meant nothing to me and I find it hilarious that CM would classify them as some kind of marketing exercise. Give us something real, people. We are not brain dead, I can make my own mind up if you throw enough information at me. On-board videos, developers diary, demo, anything that I can use to form my opinion. I don't need a reviewer whose racing history consists of Mario Karts and NFS to give his opinion on Formula 1 game. Get it together, Codermasters. The quality of your previous products don't put you in a position that we can simply take your word for it, especially so close to release date. 

I don't get why people say no career mode no buy. So u would rather have another game like 2014 and have ur name in a box. It's not even on ur suit or car. Than be a real driver and have a awesome game in promode or championship mode 

I don't get why people say no career mode no buy. So u would rather have another game like 2014 and have ur name in a box. It's not even on ur suit or car. Than be a real driver and have a awesome game in promode or championship mode 
Not sure about others, but I just want best game possible (best game for me includes career mode too). As I said I will buy the game, but I just feel like I HAVE TO, cause I am huge fun of F1. 

OGFedfan said:
I don't want to do full races, and also don't want arcade racing like 90% of other driving games out there.  I'd like to have the option to set up the game the way I want.  Pro Season mode forcing 100% races is a major downer. 

Don't get me wrong, I'd love to have time to do 100% races, but wife & kids & life....

I think that's where the championship mode comes in as it's like Pro mode but without being a hardcore sim  where you can choose race length assists and anything else just like you can in the older games

No one knows until CM tell us themselves. All the previews were vague and didn't say much, so it's best not to jump to conclusions just yet

MrSatay said:

By far the worst change they've made. You could simply run season mode if you wanted before. Now people who like Career mode have no choice. 

It's pretty selfish of you to be glad that a decent portion of the player base just got screwed, because it caters to your short attention span.

MrSatay said:

By far the worst change they've made. You could simply run season mode if you wanted before. Now people who like Career mode have no choice. 

It's pretty selfish of you to be glad that a decent portion of the player base just got screwed, because it caters to your short attention span.
exactly because right now those people that liked the career mode in the game are likely to be giving the game a wide berth which means less money for CM to help develop this series further and will no doubt hurt their chances of renewing the license too. I know I'll be staying away unles it's restored or I find it in a Steam sale for £10 as tbh that's all it's worth without career mode. I'm certainly not paying £30-40 for a game that doesn't give me what I want. Dosen't matter to me whether it has the F1 label on it or not as I've still got the older ones to play as far as I'm concerned that do have it. I don't always feel the need to always have the newest product. I like the looks of what they've done with the graphics and everything but to me they're mandatory improvements anyway that you'd expect in a new gen game but it takes moer than shiny new graphics to convince me.

I really don't get this whole, "make it more like an TV experience". I want to feel like I'm part of the paddock, like I am a driver. If I wanted the damn TV experience, guess what? I'll watch it on the television! I play a game to be immersed myself, not to be a spectator. Which is why the only mode I've ever played was carrere mode. Ever since the 2010 title, the one mode I care about got worse and worse, and now they've taken it completely out.

To say I'm disappointed would be an understatement.

Zombie said:
I am not so sure about buying this game... eurogamer and other big company names to me are not the kind of review to trust AT ALL, because they get paid to bring news and paint games as the "best thing" you ever seen. I seem to be getting caught in the hype... but i gotta bring myself back into reality and not forget the past bad stuff. (Nice try Codies) Also i read a while back think it was about F1 2013 that was named a "full simulation" style game best game ever... we all know how that turned out. Also i am not sure how the ...........
You should seriously consider breaking your wall of text into smaller paragraphs. Makes reading a lot easier :) Also, you can do better when quoting someone.

BRACHIFER said:
Zombie said:
I am not so sure about buying this game... eurogamer and other big company names to me are not the kind of review to trust AT ALL, because they get paid to bring news and paint games as the "best thing" you ever seen. I seem to be getting caught in the hype... but i gotta bring myself back into reality and not forget the past bad stuff. (Nice try Codies) Also i read a while back think it was about F1 2013 that was named a "full simulation" style game best game ever... we all know how that turned out. Also i am not sure how the ...........
You should seriously consider breaking your wall of text into smaller paragraphs. Makes reading a lot easier :)

Wall of text? LOL. It's FOUR lines.

And I agree with Zombie, actually. I play F1 games to be immersed, not to spectate. And supposedly that was CM's aim as well, remember them saying that this is the reason why we can't spectate AI drivers?

What I find extremely funny is that the new "Career" mode was actually in previous editions of the game (F1 2011, I believe). Then it was removed and now it's re-introduced and CM market it as if we are supposed to be wow'd by the inclusion of it. 

I don't f*** care about my name. I want to have a mode where I can start as a rookie and work my way up to Tier1 and become a F1 champion after a hard fight ... not in one season but like in real life after 5/6/7 years - in best case of course.

VDV23 said:
BRACHIFER said:
Zombie said:
You should seriously consider breaking your wall of text into smaller paragraphs. Makes reading a lot easier :)

Wall of text? LOL. It's FOUR lines.

And I agree with Zombie, actually. I play F1 games to be immersed, not to spectate. And supposedly that was CM's aim as well, remember them saying that this is the reason why we can't spectate AI drivers?

What I find extremely funny is that the new "Career" mode was actually in previous editions of the game (F1 2011, I believe). Then it was removed and now it's re-introduced and CM market it as if we are supposed to be wow'd by the inclusion of it. 
That quote has 18 lines on my phone :p

VDV23 said:
BRACHIFER said:
Zombie said:

Wall of text? LOL. It's FOUR lines........
Nice joke there ;)

@Zombie, I take back my request. Just saw your reply to @Hola about the same thing.. 

@justbiglee Can you say something about the Grid Scene? Will it be a video sequence or will we be able to drive into the grid? :)

Tourgott said:
I don't f*** care about my name. I want to have a mode where I can start as a rookie and work my way up to Tier1 and become a F1 champion after a hard fight ... not in one season but like in real life after 5/6/7 years - in best case of course.
Injdeed that's the thing I like about career mode as well if I was asked whether I'd prefer pretty TV style graphics otr an immersive career mode I'd choose career mode every time. I'm not saying having the TV stuff isn't good but these should have been added as extra not instead of imo.

Good stuff here:

http://www.redbull.com/en/games/stories/1331717447660/f1-2015-interview-racing-to-towards-the-next-gen

Good stuff here:

http://www.redbull.com/en/games/stories/1331717447660/f1-2015-interview-racing-to-towards-the-next-gen
Same old news my friend... nothing new.

So its Friday... New GP coming on soon... and still no "real" news... all we get is pictures and vague texts. If positive feedback is what you where going for this year..... you have failed Codies.