Scheduled Updates and BETA Shutdown - 06/07/2020 Read more... ×
Sign in to follow this  

Announcing F1 2015

Zombie said:
So its Friday... New GP coming on soon... and still no "real" news... all we get is pictures and vague texts. If positive feedback is what you where going for this year..... you have failed Codies.
Have to agree with that I've got to admit it seems my feelings about this game and deciding not to buy it right now are proving more and more to be  right at least for me.

I really don't get this whole, "make it more like an TV experience". I want to feel like I'm part of the paddock, like I am a driver. If I wanted the damn TV experience, guess what? I'll watch it on the television! I play a game to be immersed myself, not to be a spectator. Which is why the only mode I've ever played was carrere mode. Ever since the 2010 title, the one mode I care about got worse and worse, and now they've taken it completely out.

To say I'm disappointed would be an understatement.
I like the idea of the concept as it gives a wider scope to the feel of the game. However I don't think it should have been at the expense of other features though like career mode. What I would have done was kept career mode and ditched the scenario  and season challenge modes and replaced them with the championship and pro race mode that are in 2015 (the hardcore mode they've introduced). Because for me though if any modes needed ditching it's them and only them as I don't think those modes were ever that popular anyway.

And now we have a hardcore mode... thats all nice and great. But we can't even have the flexibilty to at least set the race distance according to your own personal "off gaming" time. A lot of us have jobs, kids and things to do... we do not sit on our asses playing games 24/7.  Its quite the slap on our faces... for a mode by the way that we have had all along. Just turn off all your assists and hud... set AI to legend... and thats pro mode.

Zombie said:
Good stuff here:

http://www.redbull.com/en/games/stories/1331717447660/f1-2015-interview-racing-to-towards-the-next-gen
Same old news my friend... nothing new.
Quite a lot of new stuff I thought, and very different from the Red Bull preview from a day earlier.

I will have to disagree.. i have read a lot of stuff online... there is really nothing new on that red Bull article.

hola said:
OGFedfan said:
Don't get me wrong, I'd love to have time to do 100% races, but wife & kids & life....
Dedicate yourself to your wife, kids and life then

OGFedfan said:
hola said:
OGFedfan said:
Don't get me wrong, I'd love to have time to do 100% races, but wife & kids & life....
Dedicate yourself to your wife, kids and life then

God Ice Cube is looking old.

MrSatay said:
I actually really like the fact career mode this time is one season long. I never could be bothered doing more than 2 seasons with the last games, its just a chore. And to power through those 5, 6, 7 year career modes the races have to be shorter, and thats not fun.

One season, no assists, HUD etc, cockpit cam...this is F1. Granted license issues are what really stops driver transfers and the like, so why not make the best with what you have.
By far the worst change they've made. You could simply run season mode if you wanted before. Now people who like Career mode have no choice. 

It's pretty selfish of you to be glad that a decent portion of the player base just got screwed, because it caters to your short attention span.

Nothing stopping people who like career mode from playing the season mode again and again and again. When you start a new season you can just pick a new driver and pretend you signed up for them.

Blame Formula 1 management for hamstringing the possibilities of a career mode with driver transfers and what not.

Seriously, whats the difference between a career mode and season mode? The career mode is just season mode with a few seasons back to back. 

I really feel like im in the minority here of people who use their brain before typing anything.

MrSatay said:
MrSatay said:
I actually really like the fact career mode this time is one season long. I never could be bothered doing more than 2 seasons with the last games, its just a chore. And to power through those 5, 6, 7 year career modes the races have to be shorter, and thats not fun.

One season, no assists, HUD etc, cockpit cam...this is F1. Granted license issues are what really stops driver transfers and the like, so why not make the best with what you have.
By far the worst change they've made. You could simply run season mode if you wanted before. Now people who like Career mode have no choice. 

It's pretty selfish of you to be glad that a decent portion of the player base just got screwed, because it caters to your short attention span.

Nothing stopping people who like career mode from playing the season mode again and again and again. When you start a new season you can just pick a new driver and pretend you signed up for them.

Blame Formula 1 management for hamstringing the possibilities of a career mode with driver transfers and what not.
Bullshit.
If they actually cut out career mode then not because of FOM but because of the same reason why they cut out FP3 in the past. Because it needed a lot of work to test.
Anyway, to cut out career mode would be the dumbest thing they ever did. I don't know how to be so stupid if you have professional research departments.

whats the new engine called? oops my bad whats the "updated" ego engine called? ego1.2? lol fail fail fail epic fail and all lies again.

I just looked up the definition of "new" and "updated" and im sure we have been lied to again :-)

MrSatay said:
MrSatay said:

Not the same and that's the problem. There was a career mode before and now there's no career mode. I'm not personally bothered about career mode but I support my fellow posters on here that are upset because their favourite game modes have been removed.

Are they insulted by you suggesting to play season mode over and over? I don't know but that's not the answer they are looking for or deserve. It's the fact that it was once there and now taken out which stings and cm need to at least listen and respond. 
It seems that a lot of fans here have been brushed aside and cm need to know about it so it can be fixed. 

Career was the only mode I played. It has been scraped for some apparent reason which I can not get my head round. Anyway I'm waiting to hear  more how this new pro version has in store. But once again details are very poor regarding this and the consumer worry in what is in the final product with only about 8 weeks to go to release. 

Yes career is on top of my list but other factors in game remain. Wet weather in F1 has been broken this years by tyres wrongly implemented on AI or User especially in 2014 has AI had full traction in wet conditions and impossible to race them never mind beat them and it didn't help it rained in every race weekend. 

Damage needs a huge overhaul a setting feature needs to be implemented like Off, Visual, Medium, Realistic. When I say realistic I mean real or even on the same basis as Project Cars damage and settings. Codemasters have a reel issue here with damage. Damage has hardily changed since 2010 and back then we had ghosting cars if things got to hectic . Wow.

These are only a few of my concerns to be addressed before I purchase this year because I was taking in by the hype from years past.  In Codemasters  best interest the need to answer  questions of the concerning public. I know very question cannot not be answered now but all question's can be answered when the game goes gold. In my 41 years on this planet I will take every question not answered by day of release has  a NO. 

my guess is that since the drivers will appear without their helmets, they would need a face modeler (like in Fifa) and tbey don't have one.I would be happy with the oldschool way: offer 3 or 5 generic faces and that's ok.They could even offer the driver already with a name, etc.The thing is: start driving for a small team and try to achieve the bigger ones..."unlock" things is one of the main reasons offline players keep interested in continue playing a game, IMO.

tMansell said:
my guess is that since the drivers will appear without their helmets, they would need a face modeler (like in Fifa) and tbey don't have one.I would be happy with the oldschool way: offer 3 or 5 generic faces and that's ok.They could even offer the driver already with a name, etc.The thing is: start driving for a small team and try to achieve the bigger ones..."unlock" things is one of the main reasons offline players keep interested in continue playing a game, IMO.

Indeed I'd even support that as a replacement for career  as it  would probably work well having a story mode of sorts where you work your way up. Kind of like Race Driver 1 where you played as a driver called Ryan (sorry forgot his surname ) McAllen or something I think it was. 

Either way that would have been better than just ditching the whole career mode entirely and give the guy a generic face or something. At least then you've still got a you are that person in that universe kind of feel to it which is why I enjoy the career mode working to build a reputation and improving aqnd getting to race with the better teams.

Also with this idea it would make it easier to incorporate that into the TV/presentation idea they've came up with as all they would need is to add the name of what your character is called such as in Race Driver 1 where the commentators can just use the name Ryan McAllen or whatever.

@justbiglee is it somehow possible for you to post information about what we can expect of news regarding F1 2015 for the comming weeks/months in particular what gamemodes/features will be in focus ?

Ex.
week 20-26 april (hotlap video, silverstone, rainy weather)
week 27 april - 3.may (multiplay features, co-op)
week 4 - 10 may - (none this week)

and so on.... ;)

Daugaard said:
@justbiglee is it somehow possible for you to post information about what we can expect of news regarding F1 2015 for the comming weeks/months in particular what gamemodes/features will be in focus ?

Ex.
week 20-26 april (hotlap video, silverstone, rainy weather)
week 27 april - 3.may (multiplay features, co-op)
week 4 - 10 may - (none this week)

and so on.... ;)
I wouldn't have thou8ght so as sometimes things get delayed so they have to give themselves room to manoeuvre. There will be more we just have to wait and I guess just talk about what we do know so far

tMansell said:

Indeed I'd even support that as a replacement for career  as it  would probably work well having a story mode of sorts where you work your way up. Kind of like Race Driver 1 where you played as a driver called Ryan (sorry forgot his surname ) McAllen or something I think it was. 

Either way that would have been better than just ditching the whole career mode entirely and give the guy a generic face or something. At least then you've still got a you are that person in that universe kind of feel to it which is why I enjoy the career mode working to build a reputation and improving aqnd getting to race with the better teams.

Also with this idea it would make it easier to incorporate that into the TV/presentation idea they've came up with as all they would need is to add the name of what your character is called such as in Race Driver 1 where the commentators can just use the name Ryan McAllen or whatever.

agreed.A fictional character would do it....Actually you don't need to be yourself, but is nice to play a story from rookie to champion, unlocking helmets,gloves, celebrations, maybe classic cars and tracks on the way..

tMansell said:
tMansell said:

agreed.A fictional character would do it....Actually you don't need to be yourself, but is nice to play a story from rookie to champion, unlocking helmets,gloves, celebrations, maybe classic cars and tracks on the way..

A dream we are all after... but never seems to EVER come.

MrSatay said:
MrSatay said:

No I think I'll blame CM since career has been in since the beginning. 

I'm guessing that's precisely why they didn't do it. Either they'd have to splice each name into pre-recorded lines on the fly, which always sounds terrible, or they'd have to record every line with every possible name, which becomes a massive amount of work even with just a choice of a few first names and surnames.

I'm guessing that's precisely why they didn't do it. Either they'd have to splice each name into pre-recorded lines on the fly, which always sounds terrible, or they'd have to record every line with every possible name, which becomes a massive amount of work even with just a choice of a few first names and surnames.

They're going to need to do it with the names that are in the game anyway already in fairness so it's really only 1 extra name. That name whatever CM decide to call the players character. Bit like what Bioware have done with Mass Effect where your character is just generically called Commander Shepard no matter what your character looks like  and give us some generic heads to pick from would probably be enough. CM already did this with Race driver 1 and Blade did this with their Snooker series too and it works well in the gameso it's wfairly easy to do I'd suspect. They wouldn't need to splice anything really just add an extra name and go with it just like they did with race driver 1.