Sign in to follow this  

Announcing F1 2015

Or say your name into your headset, this way the system will have your recorded name to use throughout

In Race Driver 1, there was no "broadcast experience" with real life commentators talking about events on the track before and after races, though. That's what we're getting in F1 2015, and that's where the problems would be if they had to talk about you using your real name(s).

In Race Driver 1, there was no "broadcast experience" with real life commentators talking about events on the track before and after races, though. That's what we're getting in F1 2015, and that's where the problems would be if they had to talk about you using your real name

Not Like it matters anymore... by the sound of what Mr Lee has been tweeting.. They got TV Broadcast wrong yet again...

There will only be before and after race commentary and that sucks...

I will tell you why... would it not be nice if you where in the middle of the best race you had in a long time.. and you screw up... and break off the front wing... would it not be nice to hear Crofty in he background adding to the whole build up? Maybe even have him call the driver an idiot for good measure? Well while you are out on track you will hear NOTHING at all based on the information Mr. Lee has been tweeting as far as commentary goes.... it wont be till after the race you will have "post race commentary".  I bet you its going to be a fixed limited number of 1:00 min animations that will become just as repetitive, just like the previous ones.

That still leaves us with (assuming you are playing 100% distance) with over and hour of silence with the every now and then talks by the engineer (and wont be much this year due to rule changes).

This feels like F1 2010 all over again since they began from strach on a new engine... gonna have to wait another 5 years for them to get it semi right all over again.

The engineer actually talks more now than ever before. Especially in regards to stuff like fuel and tyres, he's much better at giving you relevant information on those this time around, and he should be more useful in changeable weather too.

In Race Driver 1, there was no "broadcast experience" with real life commentators talking about events on the track before and after races, though. That's what we're getting in F1 2015, and that's where the problems would be if they had to talk about you using your real name(s).
not if CM give you a name like in race driver 1 that's what I was saying and stick to that name for the career mode. I was using Race driver 1 as an example of a game where you're playing as a cer6tain character trying to achieve something big as you would be in this game. Then all the commentators would need to do is just asy your characters name not your real name. For example they could say "And Ryan McKane puts it on pole with Hamilton starting alongside him on the front row" or something like that. I know they're not going down this route for 2015 but it's something they can consider adding if they decide to stick on this TV presentation route for 2016 and future games if they stay on this route. Just insert the characters name in that position

OGFedfan said:
I don't want to do full races, and also don't want arcade racing like 90% of other driving games out there.  I'd like to have the option to set up the game the way I want.  Pro Season mode forcing 100% races is a major downer. 

Don't get me wrong, I'd love to have time to do 100% races, but wife & kids & life....

With all due respect, if you don't have just over an hour to dedicate to a game a couple of times a week, why do you even own a gaming system?

Like you must have at least a spare hour and a half at some point at least once a week, surely?

Although I do agree, we should be able to change distance

not if CM give you a name like in race driver 1 that's what I was saying and stick to that name for the career mode. I was using Race driver 1 as an example of a game where you're playing as a cer6tain character trying to achieve something big as you would be in this game. Then all the commentators would need to do is just asy your characters name not your real name. For example they could say "And Ryan McKane puts it on pole with Hamilton starting alongside him on the front row" or something like that. I know they're not going down this route for 2015 but it's something they can consider adding if they decide to stick on this TV presentation route for 2016 and future games if they stay on this route. Just insert the characters name in that position

Correct me if im wrong.... your saying if you play per say as Lewis... have them call you that in the commentary? And play as that very driver? thats would be the perfect solution. Maybe it was too late to smooth out that deal this year..... eaither way it was a poor move by the FOM. I don't blame it all on Codies.. those FOM guys have a big say on what goes on this game.

AMS97KRR said:
OGFedfan said:
I don't want to do full races, and also don't want arcade racing like 90% of other driving games out there.  I'd like to have the option to set up the game the way I want.  Pro Season mode forcing 100% races is a major downer. 

Don't get me wrong, I'd love to have time to do 100% races, but wife & kids & life....

With all due respect, if you don't have just over an hour to dedicate to a game a couple of times a week, why do you even own a gaming system?

Like you must have at least a spare hour and a half at some point at least once a week, surely?

Maybe he wants to hop into a quickie 25% race in Pro mode... then hop on Call of Duty... whatever the case maybe.. it makes sence to have the option, But without it..... the only time he will play it.. or anyone else like me whose "alone time" is limited due to life (by the way all these things should be taken into account if you have a life and job) is rarely.And that will be a wasted mode for a lot of people like me and him.  And im sure some kids some will be in summer school an all that. Some get a summer job.... ect.  There is always a reason...

Zombie said:

Correct me if im wrong.... your saying if you play per say as Lewis... have them call you that in the commentary? And play as that very driver? thats would be the perfect solution. Maybe it was too late to smooth out that deal this year..... eaither way it was a poor move by the FOM. I don't blame it all on Codies.. those FOM guys have a big say on what goes on this game.

yeah that's what I'm saying yes . I don't know whether you played race driver 1  but in that game you played a  driver in the game and you played as that driver in the story.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dZS07KZ1qGk

As I was saying just incorporate a name into the story and a reputation system over a number of seasons and you'd have a kind of career mode back that would fit into what CM are doing with 2015 if they decide to stay with the TV style approach.

AMS97KRR said:
OGFedfan said:

Fair point, but its way more than one hour if what I've read so far is correct.  If Pro mode sets everything to max then 3 practice sessions, 3 qualies and race is about 3 hours if you set up your car in one practice, skip the others and do a lap in each quali session (which is two laps minimum including the drive out).  If it was just the race, I could handle that.  3 hours is a long time for each race.  The time is probably conservative considering I'll likely need several extra laps in the quali as I'm not a perfect driver.

In 2013 I'd do some of the practice setting up my car, do one flying lap in each quali since it let you skip through most of it, then 25% race.  That was about an hour give or take.

@britpoint went to great lengths to explain why the cars cant be designed for the game from the testing before season starts and they have to wait until a few races in, yet in 2014 the McLaren has the test livery, now when I pointed that out to him his response was,,, well nothing. a case of pick and choose with this lot

Someone steps up on here and the fanboys jump for the flag button. Typical one eyed codies fanaticism id be surprised if these guys even watch F1.

I think a lot of you here should start up a kickstarter page, asking to raise funds for the Formula 1 license and a game development studio. You have all the ideas!

Lol. While I'm disappointed with the lack of career mode. I think you guys are being a little harsh. Why not wait and see if the game is solid. If it still has all the same problems and glitches, then rage away.

Either way though, without career mode literally the only way I'll get this game is if the Fanatec CSR is supported and they still have co-op.

I have three question for  @justbiglee
1. Will there be a new penalty systerm for corner cut?
2. Did you fix extended corner cut for many tracks? (for example Monza, Sochi etc...)
3. Will it be possible save the replay of online races?
Thank you very much for the attention ;)

@DarkRedslayer
Because we been waiting since F1 2010 for a "solid game" we are not going to fall for bull shi-t anymore, excuse me for saying that. But thats the most direct blunt way to say it. Sure we know about the restrictions the FOM license imposes because we been hearing it since the Steven Hood days. And guess what its all turned out to be lies too, we not have a Safety Car... they said would never happen, but it did and so on with other features such as even TV commentary this year. Codies are keeping well quiet about the kinda games they should be releasing but are instead releasing poorly rushly made games that lack any originality or immersion.

And @MrSatay You sir.... are a smart ass. (think about this) There is older Formula 1 games made by older gaming engines that are better then games by Codies... wth all the advances in technology since... new hardware, software and new console platforms to work with.. and still they can't get it right? Give me a break. How blind can you be Mr Fan Boy? Its not about acting like a "know it all" if the main stream Formula 1 fans are unhappy with the game as a majority... its because the development team of Codemasters is not working right.... simple as that. There has been 5 years (half of one decade) of confirming that fact... each year they sale you a new scheme of how things have improved but instead they keep taking the game backwards.

MrSatay said:
I think a lot of you here should start up a kickstarter page, asking to raise funds for the Formula 1 license and a game development studio. You have all the ideas!
Oh, please... It was CM that asked the community for ideas and suggestions when they got the F1 license. By the way; CM never did anything with those ideas. Except for maybe the safety car. But on the other hand, the SC is still almost non-existent.

It would have been awesome if SMS could have get the license for next year. Project Cars will be supported with DLC's for a few years so they could have updated it with the real F1 (in the) next year(s).

Can't wait for Project Cars. Had a good blast with it at the gadget show last week and the handling is frigging great! Got a good video of me driving Silverstone.

Can't wait for Project Cars. Had a good blast with it at the gadget show last week and the handling is frigging great! Got a good video of me driving Silverstone.

Indeed looking forward to playing it myself only 3 weeks away now

Edit assuming it doesn't get delayed again  hopefully it won't though.