Scheduled Updates and BETA Shutdown - 06/07/2020 Read more... ×
F1 2020 | KNOWN KEY ISSUES | READ ME!!! Read more... ×
Sign in to follow this  

Announcing F1 2015

Then why didn't ya'll just rage quit before instead of waiting til this game was announced? 

That is a very good question...
Since most of us here are F1 fans....  and Codies are the ones who hold the exclusive license to all drivers & tracks. We have no other choice... But to buy the game in the hopes that it will be better. Project cars HAS F1 cars... but its not built on the same theme. project cars celebrates all classes of racing... codies only focus on F1. So we are here...

Zombie said:
Then why didn't ya'll just rage quit before instead of waiting til this game was announced? 

Since most of us here are F1 fans....  and Codies are the ones who hold the exclusive license to all drivers & tracks. We have no other choice... But to buy the game in the hopes that it will be better. Project cars HAS F1 cars... but its not built on the same theme. project cars celebrates all classes of racing... codies only focus on F1. So we are here...

Wrong. I have watched and loved nascar for nearly 20 years, but once I realized how garbage Eutechnyx nascar games were (which was the first game that gave that away) I waited on the second game to see what people said, and then when it had the same issues, I didn't buy it or any more they put out over the last 4 years.

Now they've gloriously lost the license, and a new team is about to give it a shot. 

Did I miss playing Nascar games? Absolutely. But I refused to support a crap developer, and now a new one is going to try, and if they are crap, I won't by them either. 

After playing F1 2014 finally, I can say that its a step back from 2012, and with 15 missing career mode, if the rest of the game isn't perfect(within reason), with CSR support, I won't buy 2015 and I'll move on.

That's how people that have any sort of will power handle crap games. You suck it up and move on until something good comes out.

Zombie said:

Wrong. I have watched and loved nascar for nearly 20 years, but once I realized how garbage Eutechnyx nascar games were (which was the first game that gave that away) I waited on the second game to see what people said, and then when it had the same issues, I didn't buy it or any more they put out over the last 4 years.

Now they've gloriously lost the license, and a new team is about to give it a shot. 

Did I miss playing Nascar games? Absolutely. But I refused to support a crap developer, and now a new one is going to try, and if they are crap, I won't by them either. 

After playing F1 2014 finally, I can say that its a step back from 2012, and with 15 missing career mode, if the rest of the game isn't perfect(within reason), with CSR support, I won't buy 2015 and I'll move on.

That's how people that have any sort of will power handle crap games. You suck it up and move on until something good comes out.

Thats why i said "most of us". I never liked NASCAR.

@britpoint went to great lengths to explain why the cars cant be designed for the game from the testing before season starts and they have to wait until a few races in, yet in 2014 the McLaren has the test livery, now when I pointed that out to him his response was,,, well nothing. a case of pick and choose with this lot
They did this because they kept changing sponsor so it was the best option

giommino said:
I have three question for  @justbiglee
1. Will there be a new penalty systerm for corner cut?
2. Did you fix extended corner cut for many tracks? (for example Monza, Sochi etc...)
3. Will it be possible save the replay of online races?
Thank you very much for the attention ;)

Hey @giommino 
1) yes it's all new from the ground up
2) again, it's all new so it should be much less forgiving for those trying to gain an advantage
3) there isn't anything built into the game that does it but if you are playing on the Xbox One or PlayStation 4 then you can just use the share/record features built into the console.

Ok, thank you for the reply @justbiglee 
And...Will there be a manual start on the grid? 

Reub09 said:
@britpoint went to great lengths to explain why the cars cant be designed for the game from the testing before season starts and they have to wait until a few races in, yet in 2014 the McLaren has the test livery, now when I pointed that out to him his response was,,, well nothing. a case of pick and choose with this lot
They did this because they kept changing sponsor so it was the best option

Yeah pretty much this. The teams approve all our assets so that's what McLaren approved! Presumably because they were changing it race to race, but I'm not certain.

3) there isn't anything built into the game that does it but if you are playing on the Xbox One or PlayStation 4 then you can just use the share/record features built into the console.
Oh dear. This is terrible news --  I'm sure Steve hinted months ago we were finally getting a proper replay system this time, as it's been one of the most popular requests over the years and it's the sort of thing you can only build in from the start when you're designing a new game engine. Share/record from console only records what you just saw, other racing games were letting you save and re-watch races from any angle and any car 20 years ago.

On the plus side, I only have an Xbox 360 anyway :)

Can someone tell me if the off-track limiter removed in 2015? I find it unfair to be slowed down when someone pushes others off-track. Thanks!

@mmpaw37  They're exclusive to Pro Season mode.

Practice is set up in a slightly different way between the modes, so in Championship Season/Quick Race you select an amount of time for the Practice Session (which is a single session). Pro Season doesn't have different time lengths, but does have all three sessions.

Sorry about the delay getting back to you I had to double check my facts on that one.

Britpoint said:

Practice is set up in a slightly different way between the modes, so in Championship Season/Quick Race you select an amount of time for the Practice Session (which is a single session). Pro Season doesn't have different time lengths, but does have all three sessions.

Sorry about the delay getting back to you I had to double check my facts on that one.
Interesting... While I can understand that there should be a difference between the two modes, I think that any restriction forced on the player is a mistake...

There must a coding way, which would allow the player to have 3 sessins whichever mode he plays in (Pro mode is the proof), so why restrict it from the player if he wants to have in the Championship mode? Will there be a new way of engaing the player in the practice session?

I don't particularly care about having all practice session as usually I'd just do 10 minutes of it before heading straight to quali and race.

But Codies please do not restrict...

Zombie said:
Zombie said:

Thats why i said "most of us". I never liked NASCAR.

The point ----

Your head ----

Can someone tell me if the off-track limiter removed in 2015? I find it unfair to be slowed down when someone pushes others off-track. Thanks!
I agree. But even more annoying is the off track braking. Nothing, and I mean nothing pisses me off more in these games than making a mistake and running wide only to have my wheels lock while not even touching the brake or throttle and sliding even further off losing even more time. 

Imagine how mad Rosberg would have been with that POS system in place in real life.

Britpoint said:

@Britpoint  Can you comment on the duration for online practice? Is it the same as Championship Season where we can pick the duartion? If so what can we pick from for online? 30,40,50 & 60 minutes?

Britpoint said:

..zzzZZz.. when will we be able to...zzZZZzzzz.... watch some ingame... zZZZZzzzzz... footage....?

zzzzzzzzzzZZzZ..

My guess is that actual "ingame" footage will see the light pretty close to launch, if not after launch...

I really hope this is not the case, but i fear... I think CM will go the "hotlap" road once again...

Britpoint said:

Isn't this setup a slap in the face of those folk who want the complete F1 experience yet DON'T want to use the Pro Season mode.

For me I would want to have all three sessions to experience the game as per the sports rules, using the standard season mode just as games in the past have allowed us to do (Excluding some of  Codemasters games which omitted sessions)   Is there a reason you are bracketing players that do not want the full simulation as "less than worthy" for this feature just because we don't want to be locked into a different rule set.  

I want to be able to take part in the full weekend experience without the need to be locked into a fixed view no hud and all the other gubbins the Pro Season mode has and enjoy the game, instead I'm treated as a player who thinks that the three sessions are too hard/boring/not needed.

Nice to see that the bizarre design decisions have moved to the next generation.

Below are the 20 questions I posted on page 2 of this thread (with 3 more questions added on at the end).  I’ll try to answer them based on the information we have been given from the community managers and from previews.  You’ll see there are still very few that have been answered, and for those that have been answered, there are more negative answers than positive answers.  If I missed some info or answered something incorrectly, please let me know.  @Britpoint & @justbiglee – can you answer anymore?  Thanks guys :)

20 Questions. 

I understand you might not be able to answer them all, but answers to any would be greatly appreciated :)

1. Will there be dedicated servers, or if not, will there be improvements to the netcode so that sync issues and disconnects are mitigated?

Unknown.  No info.

2. On PC, have you fixed the issue of being disconnected if Steam goes down?

Unknown.  No info.

3. Have you removed the hidden steering assist and Traction Control from gamepads, and made using a gamepad a disadvantage rather than an advantage (or at least equal)?

Initial reports indicate parity between gamepad and steering wheel.

4. Will setup values be changed to real world values instead of the 1-11 scale?

Unknown.  No info.

5. Will online grid sizes be increased to 20 to match the real world?

No, still limited to 16.

6. Will there be any League specific features, such as allowing the host to define grid positions, and have the host be the only one who can select "Go To Track"?

Unknown.  No info.

7. Will pit stops be manual, meaning we control the pit speed limiter, the driving, and are responsible for stopping in the correct spot in our box?

No, they are still automated.

8. Is there now a force cockpit view for League races?

Unknown.  No info.  However, Pro mode does force cockpit view, so perhaps this will also be an option for online races.

9. Has the sidepod glitch been fixed?

Unknown.  No info.

10. Is it possible on PC to communicate with our Race Engineer, or is that only on console?

No. Console only.

11. Has corner cutting been fixed, and has the auto-slow when off track been removed/replaced with a better means to manage running off track?

@justbiglee indicated corner cutting & the penalty system has been reworked.  No info regarding the removal/replacement of auto-slow when running off track.

12. Are there pit boards?

Unknown.  No info.

13. Is there a feature to export results on PC?

Unknown.  No info.

14. Can replays of online races be saved?

Not on ONE or PS4.  Unknown on PC.

15. Is Pro mode equivalent to Sim mode, where we now have something that feels like iRacing, Assetto Corsa, rFactor, etc?

Pro mode is only different from other modes in that it is a full race weekend (3 practice sessions, 3 qualifying sessions, 100% distance race), has all assists banned, has the HUD turned off, and forces cockpit view (so not really something we couldn't do before).  However, at least one site (Team VVV) has reported that the handling is closer to a simulation than the arcade feel of past F1 201x games. 

16. Doubtful, but I'll ask anyway, as other games are starting to do this:  Will there be multi-format online racing, meaning Xbox ONE and PC drivers can race together?

No.

17. Has the "V-Sync" bug been fixed on PC, whereby a high framerate would cause erratic wheel behavior with certain wheels (G27 for instance), and turning V-Sync on was one way to solve it by limiting the framerate.

Unknown.  No info.

18. If we damage our front wing, is there now the option to NOT have it replaced during a pit stop?

Unknown.  No info.

19. Will there be native support for VR headsets?

Unknown.  No info.

20. Can we select our own car numbers for online races?

Unknown.  No info.

21. Can we join/leave/rejoin the online practice session at any time, and can you join any session right up until the cars go to the grid for the race – i.e. you can join mid-way through qualifying, or even after qualifying, with cars that join late starting from the back of the grid.

Unknown.  No info.

22.  Can you rejoin a race if you get disconnected?

Unknown.  No info.

23. Can we adjust our Field of View and seating position in the cockpit?

Unknown.  No info.

Want three practice sessions? Do two 1 hour sessions in time trials, then do the practice session. Done. Enough crying already...

Recon1k said:
Want three practice sessions? Do two 1 hour sessions in time trials, then do the practice session. Done. Enough crying already...
I don't see why people are wanting 3 practice sessions. In the old games all u  need is to find the racing line and braking points.  That's it. If the 3 sessions are useful then  yer it's good to have them. If not its pointless

I get why people want servers. But honestly, I don't. Games that require servers have expiration dates. I've been playing 2012 right up until this month on my 360, while granted mostly career mode, I did do some co-op. Which likely wouldn't have been possible if the game was server based.

Now, if the game was peer to peer with options for leagues to rent servers, I'd be ok with that. But I really don't want the game to be full on server based. Esp if they are scratching career mode as the only thing left for me is co-op.

Britpoint said:

@Britpoint  Can you comment on the duration for online practice? Is it the same as Championship Season where we can pick the duartion? If so what can we pick from for online? 30,40,50 & 60 minutes?
Yes, just like that. If you're setting up your own lobby you can choose intervals up to an hour or so.

@Britpoint @justbiglee 

Not sure if you've read my question, but will the off-track limiter be removed?  And another question: if there's no HUD in Pro Season, will the steering wheels display useful (and readable) information? I play on low settings so it's hard for me to distinguish the characters on F1 2014. And the engineer on 2014 isn't very talkative either, lol. Thanks!

mmpaw37 said:

...I would also like to add...

Formula 1 as it stands isn't that appealing at the moment, and with another year of Hamilton vs Rosberg just makes it even more insufferable!.

I watched the Bahrain race at the weekend and the pattern just remains the same - of course when Kimi passed Rosberg that was the highlight of the race, and up until that moment I was nearly falling asleep to the drone of the engine noise! :(

As with most, I really have no idea where Formula 1 will end up, but I am certain there are many who share the same views as I.

So why are you watching. Why can't people that dislike something stop watching its bloody pathetic. Your minds been made up you just dont have the guts to turn your tv over, there was BTCC and MotoGP on maybe you should devote your time to those instead of slagging off F1. I get that its in a bad state but regarding the competition its always been like that top team has the best car others have to catch up, where the hell were you during shumacher domination, still in your pram probably.