DiRT Rally 2.0 - New Player Guide Read more... ×
Sign in to follow this  

Announcing F1 2015

Recon1k said:
Want three practice sessions? Do two 1 hour sessions in time trials, then do the practice session. Done. Enough crying already...

Want three practice sessions in an "Official" F1 game?, like real F1?, Put three sessions in. Those who don't wanna use them don't have to. Pillock.

(With thanks to the muppet who made me have to write this twice!)

Britpoint said:
@mmpaw37  They're exclusive to Pro Season mode.

Practice is set up in a slightly different way between the modes, so in Championship Season/Quick Race you select an amount of time for the Practice Session (which is a single session). Pro Season doesn't have different time lengths, but does have all three sessions.
Isn't this setup a slap in the face of those folk who want the complete F1 experience yet DON'T want to use the Pro Season mode.

For me I would want to have all three sessions to experience the game as per the sports rules, using the standard season mode just as games in the past have allowed us to do (Excluding some of  Codemasters games which omitted sessions)   Is there a reason you are bracketing players that do not want the full simulation as "less than worthy" for this feature just because we don't want to be locked into a different rule set.  

I want to be able to take part in the full weekend experience without the need to be locked into a fixed view no hud and all the other gubbins the Pro Season mode has and enjoy the game, instead I'm treated as a player who thinks that the three sessions are too hard/boring/not needed.

Nice to see that the bizarre design decisions have moved to the next generation.

This MM.

Key to a good game is options, customisation. Give us the options, we'll make it the game we want it to be, instead of pigeonholing certain aspects to certain game modes. I'm horrified that I can't change the camera angle if I choose to have practice sessions. Bizarre.

Reub09 said:
So the R&D will probably be shit again
given there is no career mode I suspect R&D wil be ditched as well given it was mostly there for career mode

@BigLee when can we expect to have some information... maybe some video previews? a developer diary talking about all the improvements on features we already have...

@ BigLee / @ Britpoint

Thanks for confirming details re online practice. 
I hope that means also that online mode will have the ability to include all qualifying sessions not just the one?
This would be a huge addition to the game.

Britpoint said:

Practice is set up in a slightly different way between the modes, so in Championship Season/Quick Race you select an amount of time for the Practice Session (which is a single session). Pro Season doesn't have different time lengths, but does have all three sessions.

Sorry about the delay getting back to you I had to double check my facts on that one.
Just another confirmation please Britpoint, when you say that Pro Season does not have different time lengths, you mean that it is fixed we can not choose then or all sessions will have the same time not 1st and 2nd with 90 minutes and 3rd with 60?
tks 

PauloRic said:
Britpoint said:

Sorry about the delay getting back to you I had to double check my facts on that one.
Just another confirmation please Britpoint, when you say that Pro Season does not have different time lengths, you mean that it is fixed we can not choose then or all sessions will have the same time not 1st and 2nd with 90 minutes and 3rd with 60?
tks 
Its already confirmed that it is a full race weekend so the 2 90 min practice sessions on friday and 1 hour practice on saturday are in

Tbh not seen anything yet that shows the game in a whole new direction! Still eager to play the game but it all seems like last years release with no info coming out from cm and we all know why they kept quiet about that for so long. We have had 4 Gp weekends since the first game info was released and since then nothing but some press previews which tell us nothing really new about any new features or the way the cars handle (exept that it is harder on a pad this year finally :)) I think its 7 weeks fri untill release and no1 knows what they are buying yet! This is the first I havent pre ordered (yet) as I know ill buy it but dont know what im buying so thinking of waiting few weeks untill the price drops as Pcars is out in 3 weeks so that will keep most of us happy for a few weeks/months. Come on codies let us know why we should start counting down the days untill release!

Another day without F1 2015 gameplay footage. Keep It up CM

Formula1game twitter account.....  blasted with... the word "soon" and no real time frame, hint, estimate or even a lead as to when we will see any footage of F1 2015.  

Well if the audio was only being done 1 week ago, then i would imagine it all needs to aprroved by all interested parties (FOM & teams) before they can show it to us, so maybe in the build up to the Spanish Grand Prix we may get something. 

https://twitter.com/tdk_chiptune/status/587700048298962945

Well if the audio was only being done 1 week ago, then i would imagine it all needs to aprroved by all interested parties (FOM & teams) before they can show it to us

Hey Alex. How do you know that? I read somewhere they began recording audio in winter testing months ago.

Edit: Disregard... read your link, thanks.

mmpaw37 said:
 hola said:
Another day without F1 2015 gameplay footage. Keep It up CM

I think @justbiglee stated on Twitter that there wasn't going to be any further developments(information) this week, possibly next week as well :(

A little disappointing but hey...look on the bright side, at least Ferrari are getting closer to Mercedes! :)

In short: Nothing has changed since F1 2014. It's even worse this year despite the grandiose announcements.

Zombie said:
Well if the audio was only being done 1 week ago, then i would imagine it all needs to aprroved by all interested parties (FOM & teams) before they can show it to us

Hey Alex. How do you know that? I read somewhere they began recording audio in winter testing months ago.

Edit: Disregard... read your link, thanks.

Thats ok, i presume its only mixing all of the sifferent audio sources together and that any audio to be in the final game would of been recorded as you said during winter testing

Did anyone else notice how CM avoids the questions about the career mode? Sure, Justbiglee stated earlier that in F1 2015 you pick one of the existing drivers and compete as them, but there has been no clear statement like "no, there won't be a career mode", and people are still confused and/or filled with (false?) hope. As if CM know it will have a negative impact on sales...

Did anyone else notice how CM avoids the questions about the career mode? Sure, Justbiglee stated earlier that in F1 2015 you pick one of the existing drivers and compete as them, but there has been no clear statement like "no, there won't be a career mode", and people are still confused and/or filled with (false?) hope. As if CM know it will have a negative impact on sales...
That's their strategy for years now.  Avoiding answers about things they absolutely know they have fucked up.

Recon1k said:
Want three practice sessions? Do two 1 hour sessions in time trials, then do the practice session. Done. Enough crying already...
I want to do a full race weekend, just like 2010 - 11. Your suggestion which I have tried breaks the immersion plus resets track evolution.

Recon1k said:
I don't see why people are wanting 3 practice sessions. In the old games all u  need is to find the racing line and braking points.  That's it. If the 3 sessions are useful then  yer it's good to have them. If not its pointless
People want it because it is part of the sport. You had the choice in 2010 -11 to skip or fast forward but I like the full thing. I don't need it but I like it and want it and would not buy the game if it were not included. CM have put it back in and lucky for me, in pro season mode too so I'm back.

About having three practice sessions, does that mean you'll have more tyres available as well? At the moment I only use one set of primes and options during FP3...

Me personally, im buzzing for the new release...yes I was gutted to see 2014 not released (on next gen) having swapped the 360 for the one...but in some strange way, its helped build the excitement for 2015!

Having said that...the last time I played online (F1 2012 & 2013) some of the antics the other 'racers' got up to was just horrific... 2015 could definitely do with some sort of league/tier system, so that you dont end up racing against guys who are destined to quit after a suicide attempt at turn 1...  

Will it still be possible to communicate with your engineer on PC?

I understand that voice commands aren't a feature on PC, but would PC users be able to communicate via Keyboard. For example 1 on the number pad is weather update, 2 is gap to car ahead etc

Me personally, im buzzing for the new release...yes I was gutted to see 2014 not released (on next gen) having swapped the 360 for the one...but in some strange way, its helped build the excitement for 2015!

Having said that...the last time I played online (F1 2012 & 2013) some of the antics the other 'racers' got up to was just horrific... 2015 could definitely do with some sort of league/tier system, so that you dont end up racing against guys who are destined to quit after a suicide attempt at turn 1...  
If you haven't tried it, I highly recommend joining a league to get away from the horrific antics of other racers in public lobbies.  

If you haven't tried it, I highly recommend joining a league to get away from the horrific antics of other racers in public lobbies.  
The problem with leagues, is not everyone has that kind of time. Or wants to do one track a week. It's a catch 22 lol. But I do miss the little bit of time I spent in a nascar league back in 2011. We had some wild races. I won one off strategy finishing the race with less than a lap of fuel left running 2 seconds a lap slower than everyone else lol. The hype was real.

But I don't have time for that anymore. 

The problem with leagues, is not everyone has that kind of time. Or wants to do one track a week. 
And in my case, pretty much nobody in a nearby timezone wants to run league races at a time that suits me. (From around 2300 - 0100 GMT, most nights...)