Scheduled Updates and BETA Shutdown - 06/07/2020 Read more... ×
F1 2020 | KNOWN KEY ISSUES | READ ME!!! Read more... ×
Sign in to follow this  

Announcing F1 2015

The problem with leagues, is not everyone has that kind of time. Or wants to do one track a week. 
And in my case, pretty much nobody in a nearby timezone wants to run league races at a time that suits me. (From around 2300 - 0100 GMT, most nights...)
Yeah that doesn't help either. 

mmpaw37 said:
A little disappointing but hey...look on the bright side, at least Ferrari are getting closer to Mercedes! :)
yah, just when Alonso leaves Ferrari...

and If you were messing with me, I didn't get the joke then

mmpaw37 said:
sincere89 said:
mmpaw37 said:

...I would also like to add...

Formula 1 as it stands isn't that appealing at the moment, and with another year of Hamilton vs Rosberg just makes it even more insufferable!.

I watched the Bahrain race at the weekend and the pattern just remains the same - of course when Kimi passed Rosberg that was the highlight of the race, and up until that moment I was nearly falling asleep to the drone of the engine noise! :(

As with most, I really have no idea where Formula 1 will end up, but I am certain there are many who share the same views as I.

"So why are you watching."

Because I've been watching Formula 1 since 1981/2 - And yes, I do 'slag' F1 off on occasion, however that's just because I am passionate about the sport and don't want to see it dwindle from the limelight. 
Also, these are my opinions and I am entitled to them and just because every now & then I decide to make them known to others, doesn't give you the right to dictate to me that I shouldn't!...

"Why can't people that dislike something stop watching its bloody pathetic."

I don't dislike the sport...never have, I just dislike the way it 'appears' to be heading & the decisions being made by those who run it - And I might add I can say with some certainty that there are many others who have the same opinions...

"Your minds been made up you just dont have the guts to turn your tv over, there was BTCC and MotoGP on maybe you should devote your time to those instead of slagging off F1."

For the record(Not that it's really any of your business what I do anyway), I have interests in ALL motorsports and have been watching MotoGP and attending the BritishGP for a very long time as well - I have a motorcycle actually...a Ducati 999s.
However, Formula 1 has always been my main passion; It may not seem that way at times and just because I have the odd opinions and present them here in this forum, do you consider (based on those opinions) I 'hate' the sport...?

"I get that its in a bad state but regarding the competition its always been like that top team has the best car others have to catch up, where the hell were you during shumacher domination"

^^^  Watched every race  ^^^

"still in your pram probably."

Well...uh, I think I answered this question at the beginning...

...So, to finish off...

I was told to never feed the trolls but..., I hope I've answered all of your questions/thoughts sincere89, however like I previously stated - my opinions are mine and I am permitted to present them as long as they adhere to forum rules.

I haven't offended/attacked/insulted/or displayed anything within my 'recent' posts that broke those rules - and I may add have been courteous & informative to yourself.

Should you require any further information and ask In a civilised manner I would be more than happy to assist you. However, should you decide to continue to insinuate and or attempt to create a petty, pathetic, childish discussion that is both meaningless and has no constructive basis, you will be reported to the forum moderators...

Thankyou.

Well no offense but you should of used the appropriate forum to vent off. The good news is that at least you know Ferrari are giving the Mercs a fight and i apologise for my personal vent at you . Now for one i ain't a troll i was on the original Forums back in 2009 so i know how it works around here. People constantly asking the devs questions and if they don't they start throwing there toys out of the pram . Codies have always worked there schedule like this . Half of you need to take a step back and let them get on with it, with project cars on the horizon they know there works cut out . F1 2015 will be on the backburner for me personally but when they will release info again i will take notice . I can't be asked with this whole Me me attidude it won't get you anywhere in this place. 

I'll never understand WHY all the games from CM weren't just a straight evolution of the F1 2010...everybody loved the game..all 3 FP, carreer mode, interviews, paddock style menus, 7-year carreer lenght,..they could just polish it and by now we would have everything everyone is asking for plus new animations like podium and driver celebrations, classic cars and tracks, all that with stunnig graphics , almost bug free and better AI.in other words, almost a perfect F1 game..why did they decide to take the harder way and year after year making people upset? 

Before you go on and read this i want you to take the following thing into account:

Codemasters waited a year longer to release F1 2015 so that they would have enough time.

Now read the following tweet by BigLee to a reply at someone asking a F1 2015 related question.

@justbiglee pal formation laps?

0 retweets 0 favorites

@Jame_dawg no sorry.

0 retweets 0 favorites
12:13 PM - 21 Apr 2015
  1. @justbiglee why not pal

0 retweets 0 favorites
  • @Jame_dawg stuff like that just comes down to time. We have a list of stuff we'd like to do but its not always that easy sadly

0 retweets 0 favorites

So for those asking ... is there formation laps? Answer is no despite taking an entire extra year to make the game in a new platform.. Good going codies. great game!

Yeah because they excluded that on purpose! People know nothing about game development and the extend of time invested in developing all software for a new set of hardware and it drives me crazy that people stay crying as if making a game is so easily done. You make a list with everything, prioritize and then work down the list untill launch. There are always elements from an asset-list not implemented, always

It appears Codemasters invested in graphics again, not the things that really represent Fornula One like formation laps and so on. Sad.

It appears Codemasters invested in graphics again, not the things that really represent Fornula One like formation laps and so on. Sad.
    So u watch formula 1 for the formation lap?? 

Well, to be fair, it's the closest the cars ever come to overtaking each other in a lot of F1 races these days :open_mouth: 

Well, to be fair, it's the closest the cars ever come to overtaking each other in a lot of F1 races these days :open_mouth: 

Oh come on, there's significantly more overtaking these days than there used to be.

Formation laps are a part of F1 and should be included.  It builds the tension, warms up tyres and brakes which has a material impact on the first lap.  Project Cars has formations laps so it's not an impossible request.

Moggie16 said:

Oh come on, there's significantly more overtaking these days than there used to be.

Formation laps are a part of F1 and should be included.  It builds the tension, warms up tyres and brakes which has a material impact on the first lap.  Project Cars has formations laps so it's not an impossible request.
    F1CE had formation laps 

Let's remove qually and just go to race with random position, before you say that's stupid, things keep getting removed

Asking if we watch F1 for the formation lap is a silly question. But i will tell you its irrelevant... whats a manual start without formation lap? Its done in order to check systems for the start. The fact is that they are not adding the features in the order they should... okay fine they have a time frame... but do it right.

Example:. Im releasing a Ultimate Fire Fighter's game. I add fire trucks, the suits for firemen, boots, helmets, sirens, hose, Burning Buildings, Victims, ect. But oops! damn!. Forgot the most important thing to put out the fire. Water!. So here take the half assed made game and buy it anyways cause i sadly had no time. THATS BS. You would expect the makers to add the most important features in the game sooner to have a better core. But its taken 5 years for Codie's Formula 1 era to have a semi decent game.

Really i seen smaller companies do better and bigger things with limited time, staff and recources. These people are not F1 fans. They only show up for a paycheck.

Back in F1 2010 there was not even a single Marshall on track... when it should have been done from the very start.  So that they can have a platform to work with that already has the known most obvious "details" such as the much wanted formation lap we been waiting for 3 years now.. I speculate that F1 2015 is only the bare bones like F1 2010 was, as each release went by they added more stuff.. Maybe F1 2019 we finally get what we want. But plz Codies... add do not take away anymore features. (another 5 years of waiting i suspect).  

tMansell said:
    I'll never understand WHY all the games from CM weren't just a straight evolution of the F1 2010...everybody loved the game..all 3 FP, carreer mode, interviews, paddock style menus, 7-year carreer lenght,..they could just polish it and by now we would have everything everyone is asking for plus new animations like podium and driver celebrations, classic cars and tracks, all that with stunnig graphics , almost bug free and better AI.in other words, almost a perfect F1 game..why did they decide to take the harder way and year after year making people upset? 

I cannot agree more, this is what I have been trying to understand since F1 2011

I watch F1 for a lot of reasons. But your mindset is absurd - do I watch F1 for pitstops? No. Do I watch F1 because of the introduction of V6 Turbos? No. Do I watch F1 because of Monaco (for example)? No. Does this mean all these things should be removed because they are not the primary reason I watch F1? 

Formation laps have a purpose. Bringing up tyres and brakes up to temperature and finding the clutch bite point. They also make the anticipation for the start more tense. 

CM delayed F1 2015 for a year and they have the nerve to use "we didn't have enough time" as an excuse? Are you having a laugh? At least we are getting the 2015 cars from the get-go. Oh, wait, nevermind. 

Personally I can live without some features such as formation laps (as much as I want them included) and the apparent removal of career mode (which I think is a terrible idea but then I think back to the old F1 games I used to play that had no career mode and still enjoyed) if the racing and the AI are up to scratch.

If the physics and the AI haven't made much progress despite the omissions and lack of new or returning features then even I'll have a hard time defending the decisions. If the racing itself is excellent and the physics and AI are optimal then I'll personally be happy about the omissions and lack of new  features. Since it's a new engine and if they get that aspect spot on, I'd fully expect new and returning features to be in the next games as they wouldn't have to focus quite so much on the key areas if it's already working well. I can forgive that for one year.

Personally I can live without some features such as formation laps (as much as I want them included) and the apparent removal of career mode (which I think is a terrible idea but then I think back to the old F1 games I used to play that had no career mode and still enjoyed) if the racing and the AI are up to scratch.

If the physics and the AI haven't made much progress despite the omissions and lack of new or returning features then even I'll have a hard time defending the decisions. If the racing itself is excellent and the physics and AI are optimal then I'll personally be happy about the omissions and lack of new  features. Since it's a new engine and if they get that aspect spot on, I'd fully expect new and returning features to be in the next games as they wouldn't have to focus quite so much on the key areas if it's already working well. I can forgive that for one year.

I can see where you're coming from @Wynterdust but if I was working on the game I'd be wanting as much in as I can get right from the get go even if it did mean a delay in the games release. I wouldn't expect 100% perfection but at least try and get al the bits in and refine them later if needed after all that's what most companies tend to do they don't remove popular parts of the game but refine them and tbh I think that's all the career mode needs I think. I've suggested a few ways they could go about this on this forum and on the old one to make career mode more interesting without having to really change anything else.

I think the fact is though is the fact this item was there and now isn't is what is the problem. I know I'd have rather had the game in October with career mode than have the game earlier in June without it. I hope it can be added for 2016 though because although they may get away with it just for this year given it's their first next gen attempt next year it'll be considered unforgiveable if it's not restored to the game. We need to make sure they know it so they can fix this mistake for next year

I can see where you're coming from @Wynterdust but if I was working on the game I'd be wanting as much in as I can get right from the get go even if it did mean a delay in the games release. I wouldn't expect 100% perfection but at least try and get al the bits in and refine them later if needed after all that's what most companies tend to do they don't remove popular parts of the game but refine them and tbh I think that's all the career mode needs I think. I've suggested a few ways they could go about this on this forum and on the old one to make career mode more interesting without having to really change anything else.

I think the fact is though is the fact this item was there and now isn't is what is the problem. I know I'd have rather had the game in October with career mode than have the game earlier in June without it. I hope it can be added for 2016 though because although they may get away with it just for this year given it's their first next gen attempt next year it'll be considered unforgiveable if it's not restored to the game. We need to make sure they know it so they can fix this mistake for next year

I agree with you. Removing career mode is an incredibly risky and judging by the reaction of many on here, a potentially fatal blow to their sales. They could have done a lot with the career moving onto the current consoles such as yours and others suggestions on the forum.
    As you say, having it in the game and then removed makes it worse. If it was never in from the start it wouldn't be as big an issue. It doesn't help that they've removed features in the past either and haven't done the best job with adding new features. Season Challenge, Time Attack (not trial), Scenarios... All are features that could be removed, or rather should never have been implemented until everything else was working correctly.

I cannot disagree on the last point either. An October release with career would definitely have been much better than an earlier release without it. And as you say, hopefully they'll realise that it is a major feature that a large amount of people want and will add it to 2016 or even as an emergency update for 2015 later in the year.

I think potentially the most frustrating thing about every game so far is that every single one of them includes something that makes the game good, but none of them put all these features into one game to make it great. The potential is there but it's just not being realised.

when you code something, let's say "Safety car", you keep polishibg it year after year...at most, if you don't have time, leave like the game before...but NEVER take it out.Sounds like a pretty silly way to pretend to deliver a "new game"..."Let's change the paddock menus to the blue boring one, at least they will feel it's a new game."...seriously, people don't want a NEW game, they want a GOOD game!! Nobody says to friends: "Hey man, I've played a game and it's SO NEW!" ....dude...we talk about how GOOD it is! So if paddock menus were good, nobody mind to see it next year again! Just go make something else and stop losing time with something you already have!

Best racing you'll see all day!!! :p

mmpaw37 said:
    What's a pram lol.

Well, I assume you're from the good ol' US of A, so in answer to your question...A 'Pram' is a stroller in your words(to push babies around in!)

Hope that helps! ;)

Ah, thank you lol. And yes, I'm from the USA :P