Sign in to follow this  

Announcing F1 2015

mmpaw37 said:
mmpaw37 said:
What's a pram lol.

Well, I assume you're from the good ol' US of A, so in answer to your question...A 'Pram' is a stroller in your words(to push babies around in!)

Hope that helps! ;)

Ah, thank you lol. And yes, I'm from the USA :P

I thought that when I saw your reference to Nascar! ;)

By the way, I am from the UK and personally, I have a soft spot for Nascar. My favourite drivers are (and please don't attack me for this)...Austin Dillon & Trevor Bayne.

When I saw Bayne take the Daytona 500 in 2011, I had an instant admiration for him...it was well deserved and well driven for his age! ;)

Both drivers have a ways to go but have potential. Sadly for me, after nearly 20 years of watching I've lost interest. Too many stupid changes made to the series. Then as a Gordon fan, after this season I'll lose my key reason for watching. I don't plan on watching any more after this year, at least until some whole sale changes are made.

Namely removal of the chase. Lol. But I'd like to see Austin take the 3 to another championship some day.

But I still want a good Nascar game! There hasn't been one in a very, very long time. Next shot is 2016, if its crap Im screwed for another 5 years or so.

I can see where you're coming from @Wynterdust but if I was working on the game I'd be wanting as much in as I can get right from the get go even if it did mean a delay in the games release. I wouldn't expect 100% perfection but at least try and get al the bits in and refine them later if needed after all that's what most companies tend to do they don't remove popular parts of the game but refine them and tbh I think that's all the career mode needs I think. I've suggested a few ways they could go about this on this forum and on the old one to make career mode more interesting without having to really change anything else.

I think the fact is though is the fact this item was there and now isn't is what is the problem. I know I'd have rather had the game in October with career mode than have the game earlier in June without it. I hope it can be added for 2016 though because although they may get away with it just for this year given it's their first next gen attempt next year it'll be considered unforgiveable if it's not restored to the game. We need to make sure they know it so they can fix this mistake for next year

I agree with you. Removing career mode is an incredibly risky and judging by the reaction of many on here, a potentially fatal blow to their sales. They could have done a lot with the career moving onto the current consoles such as yours and others suggestions on the forum.
As you say, having it in the game and then removed makes it worse. If it was never in from the start it wouldn't be as big an issue. It doesn't help that they've removed features in the past either and haven't done the best job with adding new features. Season Challenge, Time Attack (not trial), Scenarios... All are features that could be removed, or rather should never have been implemented until everything else was working correctly.

I cannot disagree on the last point either. An October release with career would definitely have been much better than an earlier release without it. And as you say, hopefully they'll realise that it is a major feature that a large amount of people want and will add it to 2016 or even as an emergency update for 2015 later in the year.

I think potentially the most frustrating thing about every game so far is that every single one of them includes something that makes the game good, but none of them put all these features into one game to make it great. The potential is there but it's just not being realised.

Yeah and if the game doesn't sell it could mean the end of their time with the license too given I hear it's up for renewal soon. Whicfh is another reason why I'd have made sure that I got everything in had I been in their shoes.

mmpaw37 said:
What's a pram lol.

Well, I assume you're from the good ol' US of A, so in answer to your question...A 'Pram' is a stroller in your words(to push babies around in!)

Well, it's not really :) A stroller is what I (from the UK) would call a pushchair or a buggy. A pram is, well, a pram, sometimes called a "baby carriage" in the US I think. (Babies can only sit in pushchairs and buggies, but they can lie right down in a pram/carriage...)

mmpaw37 said:
What's a pram lol.

Well, it's not really :) A stroller is what I (from the UK) would call a pushchair or a buggy. A pram is, well, a pram, sometimes called a "baby carriage" in the US I think. (Babies can only sit in pushchairs and buggies, but they can lie right down in a pram/carriage...)
OK.. So, is it the type that is mobile that you carry or the one in a house? 

Mobile would be a carriage,  in home would typically be called a crib. (atleast in my area of the US).

mmpaw37 said:
mmpaw37 said:
mmpaw37 said:
What's a pram lol.

Hope that helps! ;)

Ah, thank you lol. And yes, I'm from the USA :P

I thought that when I saw your reference to Nascar! ;)

By the way, I am from the UK and personally, I have a soft spot for Nascar. My favourite drivers are (and please don't attack me for this)...Austin Dillon & Trevor Bayne.

When I saw Bayne take the Daytona 500 in 2011, I had an instant admiration for him...it was well deserved and well driven for his age! ;)

Both drivers have a ways to go but have potential. Sadly for me, after nearly 20 years of watching I've lost interest. Too many stupid changes made to the series. Then as a Gordon fan, after this season I'll lose my key reason for watching. I don't plan on watching any more after this year, at least until some whole sale changes are made.

Namely removal of the chase. Lol. But I'd like to see Austin take the 3 to another championship some day.

But I still want a good Nascar game! There hasn't been one in a very, very long time. Next shot is 2016, if its crap Im screwed for another 5 years or so.

I have to agree with you really. I haven't really watched a 'full' race since 2012 - not because I couldn't - more to do with certain changes.

I am not entirely sure what really goes on now but, I used to love races at Talladega and Daytona - using the draft to a 2 car push was really exciting, and one slight mistake often caused major accidents!. I was thinking at the time to get iRacing, but didn't make the move - mainly because of the subscription fee's.

...The Chase...WELL..., don't get me started on that! ):  :(

The only other sport I follow very closely is the NFL...Absolutely love it! ;)...Can't wait for the pre-season games to begin!

I watch some NFL, but some of the rules and bad calls make me rage lol. So I limit it for my, and my belongings best interest :P

Lol cots are what inmates sleep on in jails/prison here in the states :P essentially a flat piece of **** bed lol.

The difference in language is quite entertaining. One of the main reasons I'm going to miss Top Gear UK. (have little hope for it with Jeremy gone, the others hearts just wouldn't be in it, even if they stayed). 

Wow can tell ppl are really hyped for this years release when there is a page talking about prams, buggies and american sport :) Anyone else starting to think this years game might be just as bad as 14 as far as features and the racing itself goes. I know ive said it 100's of times but I cant see how cm expect ppl to be exited about there new games when they give us nothing to get exited about! What happened to all the hype before 14 was even out about the next gen F1 game cooking up a storm lol! Codies couldnt cook a peace of toast and get it right judging by all there games on last gen consoles. So far Ive seen there is no manual pit control which was in 2010 so cm just couldnt be bothered with that, there is no formation lap which is a huge part of any motor sport so again obviously couldnt be bothered (and its not coding as there were formation laps in F1 games 10 years ago) there is no career mode and cant think why so again couldnt be bothered to test it or what ever other reason they might come out with (maybe fom wont allow them :)) I belive there is only 3 practice sessions in pro season for some unknown reason (prob couldnt be bothered) and yet again cm seem to think we dont have a mind of our own, Why oh why have pro season locked to 100% races and locked to helmet/cockpit cam and no osd? Thats fine with me as thats how I play anyway but I bet less than 20% of ppl use cockpit cam and do 100% races as most dont have the time to spend 6-7 hours doing 1 race weekend. Id also put money on the tv broadcast thing being half arsed just like every other feature they ever implemented into the last games. Everyone always gave them hate when they removed stuff so why do it again this year with career? Up untill a few days ago I thought maybe cm would suprise us this year with how much work has been done but so far Its exactly like last year with no1 giving info or gameplay with only 7 weeks left untill release. Another thing id also like to rant about being half arsed is why are the 15 cars only going to have the livery untill a update is never released by cm to give 15 performance? I dont want to boot the game up and the ferrari is slower than the red bull's and the williams. Unless something I hear or see blows me away I will stick to Pcars and forza 5 and 6 I think as the more I hear (or dont hear) about 15 the more I think it will be 14 with better graphics and some commentry that will most likely be skipped every time.

Nearly 1 month since release info, no follow up info about release info, or new info release,does the license stops previews of your games, look at EA new Star Wars video, and I'm sure activison will release video for black ops 3, these are all 5-7 months away.....the mine blows....CM way - no news is good news

Moggie16 said:
It appears Codemasters invested in graphics again, not the things that really represent Fornula One like formation laps and so on. Sad.
So u watch formula 1 for the formation lap?? 
Well, to be fair, it's the closest the cars ever come to overtaking each other in a lot of F1 races these days :open_mouth: 

Oh come on, there's significantly more overtaking these days than there used to be.

Formation laps are a part of F1 and should be included.  It builds the tension, warms up tyres and brakes which has a material impact on the first lap.  Project Cars has formations laps so it's not an impossible request.
Project Cars has Formation laps ?

Reub09 said:
Moggie16 said:
It appears Codemasters invested in graphics again, not the things that really represent Fornula One like formation laps and so on. Sad.
So u watch formula 1 for the formation lap?? 
Well, to be fair, it's the closest the cars ever come to overtaking each other in a lot of F1 races these days :open_mouth: 

Oh come on, there's significantly more overtaking these days than there used to be.

Formation laps are a part of F1 and should be included.  It builds the tension, warms up tyres and brakes which has a material impact on the first lap.  Project Cars has formations laps so it's not an impossible request.
Project Cars has Formation laps ?

Yes it does mate
 http://www.projectcarsgame.com/solo-features.html

simonatorHD said:
Nearly 1 month since release info, no follow up info about release info, or new info release,does the license stops previews of your games, look at EA new Star Wars video, and I'm sure activison will release video for black ops 3, these are all 5-7 months away.....the mine blows....CM way - no news is good news
That game looks amazing! I was never a huge star wars fan but that might have to go on the pre order list. I cant think of any other game company that doesnt give any info or pics this close to release and im sure I seen some cm employee say maybe nothing next week either but might be wrong on that? Thats whats getting me thinking its going to be 14 all over again, Announce the game then few weeks later some press previews which told us very little and now every thing is top secret again. Maybe most would disagree but Id be happy (for now) with just some new screen shots every few days and a mod on here answering some questions on here about them but even thats to much for cm when it comes to advertising the games they spend all year making.

I agree not a big fan of past Star Wars, but I think I will add to pre-order list...I think MMPAW37 made comments about this in some early threads, but I thought blar-blar at the time...but hay it looks great...you never now CM small video creates interest 

I must admit, I'm looking forward to Project Cars far more than F1 2015. I am going to buy both games but have a good feeling Project Cars will be the one I'm spending the most time playing. I'll be buying the collectors edition of F1 2015 to review it for myself and to add it to my collection but Project Cars is my main focus in terms of game play.

Ye same here mate, have no idea what it offers or the type of game it will be but just from that 1 vid things look good for a fun game with mind blowing graphics. I know a vid shows nothing really about the way the game feels to play but it can show us alot about the product we are buying and is enough for most to decide whether they want to pre order or not. Just spent an hour looking at posts on here and cant see no info about F1 and all the cm employees seem to have vanished yet again. Does look like 2015 will be a big year for great games! The game thats got me most exited (on a pad) is the last of the batman games, cant wait to see what they do with that although the whole batmobile gameplay looks really dull so just hope its not a big part of the game.    

I must admit, I'm looking forward to Project Cars far more than F1 2015. I am going to buy both games but have a good feeling Project Cars will be the one I'm spending the most time playing. I'll be buying the collectors edition of F1 2015 to review it for myself and to add it to my collection but Project Cars is my main focus in terms of game play.

Tbh think most are looking forward to pcars :) with pcars coming first does make me wonder how well F1 will do as the casuals will surely go for the game that offers more and that is hands down pcars, Might explain why codies are keeping quiet as they have no info to give, or least what most of us would want. For about a week now ive seen mmpaw asking about the practice sessions being available in both game modes yet not 1 cm employee is willing to answer him, same as confurming no career mode and a patch for 14 now I think of it lol! Honestly dont know why I spend so much time on this forum looking for info when there is no info anyways.

http://www.vcpost.com/articles/60126/20150422/f1-2015-release-60fps-on-ps4-devs-face-challenges-in-adding.htm
Hmmm a quote from the article:

Though, it is likely that they are receiving the same optimization. In general, the game's graphics are astounding to a point that even the slightest details are visible, as shown in the released gameplay footage

Have I missed something:? Was there any gameplay footage released?

http://www.vcpost.com/articles/60126/20150422/f1-2015-release-60fps-on-ps4-devs-face-challenges-in-adding.htm
Hmmm a quote from the article:

Though, it is likely that they are receiving the same optimization. In general, the game's graphics are astounding to a point that even the slightest details are visible, as shown in the released gameplay footage

Have I missed something:? Was there any gameplay footage released?
No, there hasn't been any gameplay footage released. The only gameplay that has been shown was to the press at an event earlier this month, so I'm not entirely sure where this site has gotten its information. (I don't know exactly who was at said press event as I was not there :smiley:)

It is impossible that there are no videos play when already presented at the Level up from Namco. I think they are delaying the publication of these trailers to capture our attention. Please CM, fans of this game need information and not speculation or screenshots.
Come on CM.

Do not ask for much, just a video to get a better idea of how it will work the game. Not much to ask.

I agree. Some game play footage would go a long way for fans to get their teeth into CM. Look at Project Cars for instance. There is so much footage going around and it's got everyone more than excited for the game. I know P Cars has been in development for a long time and there are a lot of builds shown on youtube, but it has shown how far in terms of graphics and game play the game has progressed. If we could have seen something similar by CM, this forum would be fever pitch from excited gamers by now.

God I remember the atmosphere on the old forum pre F1 2010s release and it was epic. I was genuinely excited, logging on every day and there was a whole bunch of  topics, screenies  and vids to discuss. C'mon CM, grab some game play and hand it over!!!

I agree. Some game play footage would go a long way for fans to get their teeth into CM. Look at Project Cars for instance. There is so much footage going around and it's got everyone more than excited for the game. I know P Cars has been in development for a long time and there are a lot of builds shown on youtube, but it has shown how far in terms of graphics and game play the game has progressed. If we could have seen something similar by CM, this forum would be fever pitch from excited gamers by now.

God I remember the atmosphere on the old forum pre F1 2010s release and it was epic. I was genuinely excited, logging on every day and there was a whole bunch of  topics, screenies  and vids to discuss. C'mon CM, grab some game play and hand it over!!!
Codies preview vids have always looked very good and very professionally produced to me. One of their strong points I think.

But I think they have been "rightsizing" recently. And also I reckon there is still some issue regards what the final performance will be on consoles. Maybe they want to get all this defined before they start showing vids. TBH after some of the issues recently that have gone on supposedly with other developers over the wrong types of vids being subjected to tech analysis then its maybe not suprising that companies want to make sure everything is absolutely right before they do this.

Anyway, given the release date the game is going to go gold soon, and when it does that there will not be so much incentive to hold back.