Sign in to follow this  

Announcing F1 2015

Hughesy said:
Abdellah said:
sorry but the graphics are not realistic................ it's not next gen it s very bad...
unfortunately There Are Best in neighboring...bye bye 
http://www.wmdportal.com/projectnews/project-cars-community-gallery-78/

The graphics definitely aren't close to that of Project CARS, which have fooled more than a few people into thinking they're looking at a real life video, but the F1 2015 graphics look improved and more than adequate.  Previous incarnations of this game had a lot of issues, and if graphics were one of them, it was certainly near the bottom of the priority list.  Graphics don't make a sim.  Race 07 is a testament to that - we still have a league for it, and it's incredible to race cars in it.
I'm playing Pcars as we speak, and if you want to see videos there's loads in the off topic section, and I think they look close to Pcars.
Abdellah said:
mmpaw37 said:
Abdellah said:
sorry but the graphics are not realistic................ it's not next gen it s very bad...

Its leaps and bounds over its predecessors, isn't that the point...?. Can you be more specific as to what you mean by 'Its not next-gen or Very bad'?

Sorry but I don't think we understand the 'unfortunately there are best in neighboring...bye bye'

ok... I'll answer you with a question
Your opinion, All images presented today ... Is that next Gen? 
No, it's the current generation, next gen means it's not released yet, 
Abdellah said:
http://www.wmdportal.com/projectnews/project-cars-community-gallery-78/

The graphics definitely aren't close to that of Project CARS, which have fooled more than a few people into thinking they're looking at a real life video, but the F1 2015 graphics look improved and more than adequate.  Previous incarnations of this game had a lot of issues, and if graphics were one of them, it was certainly near the bottom of the priority list.  Graphics don't make a sim.  Race 07 is a testament to that - we still have a league for it, and it's incredible to race cars in it.
the neighbours made a perfect work  with Pcars game.
the gameplay is one of the best , specialy formula One cars
and the graphic work is awesome 

and about f1 2015 codemasters series sorry but they didn't put much effort in the past five years..

Just wanted to mention @moogleslam comment requesting that pad users should be disadvantaged.
Why?
Not everyone wants to play with a wheel. Its an extra expense. Something to clog up your living room, and quite frankly my girlfriend would probably leave me if I was sat there on one!
They should be aiming to make them as equal as possible instead of disadvantaging anyone. Im tired of reading crap from wheel users who think they have a right to be faster than pad users because they own a wheel. Its a game! People can use what they want!
Fair enough.  I'll support equal too, but we know they have a hard time with "equal", so if I'm forced to pick disadvantaging one input device, it has to be a gamepad.  It's really no different than comparing a keyboard driver to a gamepad driver.  Are we saying a keyboard driver should be given extra hidden assists to be just as fast as a gamepad driver?  No.  Clearly there are some inferior input devices, and you can't expect to be as fast if you use an inferior one.  A keyboard is inferior to a gamepad.  A gamepad is inferior to a wheel.  I'm not against Codemasters making it easier for drivers using inferior input devices to be helped in some way, but it can't make them faster than an equivalently skilled driver using a superior input device.  A huge factor in people buying better input devices is to make them better at a game/sim.  That wasn't the case with the past couple of F1 games.  We had experienced wheel drivers using gamepads to be faster on track!  It's just pure craziness.

P.S.  If your girlfriend would leave you for using a wheel, you might have bigger issues than equal pace on wheel and gamepad in F1 2015 (sorry, jk :))

@justbiglee - could you please elaborate on what is meant by "grid sequences".  Are we talking about pre-launch tasks in the car, formation laps, manually getting your car to the correct position on the grid, a more manual starting process including potential false starts, etc?  What exactly.  Thanks
No nothing like that, it's part of the whole broadcast style presentation we're going with so think of it as more like mimicking the kind of stuff you see on TV before a race in the same way the podium stuff comes after the race. Hope to show it to you as soon as we can so it makes a little more sense.
Thanks for the response.  I still hope there can be false starts!  It's a key part of any sim!

Big request: create paddock and interview procedure as in version 2010. Dive into the atmosphere. It was very cool! Please!!!

I would love to know more about the AI and the damage system. Maybe a few words on this @justbiglee 
Thanks in advance

I guess from the lack of an answer to three of us, there is no voice interaction on PC.
Seems that way, sucks :(

@justbiglee Any chance you could answer this please? :kissing_closed_eyes: 

Hughesy said:
I guess from the lack of an answer to three of us, there is no voice interaction on PC.

At the moment no, as it currently stands on PC the engineer will give you updates as you race but you can't request them using any kind of voice control. As I'm sure you guys are aware its been a hot topic this afternoon and by far the most asked question. 

As I'm sure you are all aware I'm no developer so I won't try and fob you off with an answer. I will do my best to get a technical answer on it from the studio for you tomorrow and I will obviously be passing your feedback on.

All I can really say this evening is if you are a PC player and feel really strongly that this is a feature you want, be sure to speak up and I'll make sure you are heard.

I read earlier in some discussion that's it 1080p full hd, and 60 fps , is this true justbiglee 
The games still in development and we've not confirmed anything like that yet. Unless you've read something on the codies blog (or the first post in this thread) treat it as rumour.  

Hughesy said:

At the moment no, as it currently stands on PC the engineer will give you updates as you race but you can't request them using any kind of voice control. As I'm sure you guys are aware its been a hot topic this afternoon and by far the most asked question. 

As I'm sure you are all aware I'm no developer so I won't try and fob you off with an answer. I will do my best to get a technical answer on it from the studio for you tomorrow and I will obviously be passing your feedback on.

All I can really say this evening is if you are a PC player and feel really strongly that this is a feature you want, be sure to speak up and I'll make sure you are heard.
@justbiglee thanks for doing everything today but whilst your asking these 'technical questions' i wouldnt mine knowing about the game being able to auto record the last 30 seconds on xbox one like the fifa games, for example when you overtake, get an in game penalty, crash and anything else the community think of. 

Fifa do it fantastically when you score or get tackled.

Hughesy said:

It's hard to say if we want it and if it will be valuable until we try it, but from experience, the PC (at least vs 360/PS3) is far more capable at providing a high quality voice comms platform than console, so this format feature availability feels a bit backward.  I think we'd ultimately need more information before forming strong opinions.

CM you should really consider a demo before release, considering how bad the last few F1 games have been nobody going to be preordering a £45 game.

Hype is not real....yet

@justbiglee - could you please elaborate on what is meant by "grid sequences".  Are we talking about pre-launch tasks in the car, formation laps, manually getting your car to the correct position on the grid, a more manual starting process including potential false starts, etc?  What exactly.  Thanks
No nothing like that, it's part of the whole broadcast style presentation we're going with so think of it as more like mimicking the kind of stuff you see on TV before a race in the same way the podium stuff comes after the race. Hope to show it to you as soon as we can so it makes a little more sense.
@justbiglee 
 So, there is no formation lap in the game?
Correct me if i'm wrong

Hughesy said:

No that fairs enough, thanks for answering. I'd probably be telling the engineer to shut up I know what I'm doing, like a certain F1 driver :joy: 

Not much detail in the article but it's nice to get an official date at least. I hope there are at least a few new features to be announced but the screenshots look good and I'm excited to see more. June is a good launch time as well because I finish my exams in June and need something to keep me entertained in the summer