Sign in to follow this  

Announcing F1 2015

the fact alone that they are using an updated version/ built from the scratch/ whatever they say it is of the always too arcady EGO engine, already is too scary when you try to understand how they actually managed good physics, handling, and feeling of the car attached to the road while using an engine that still uses the name EGO

Moderators might are "too busy" preparing to launch a video or "important news".
It really is very suspicious.

Zombie said:
April 23 rd 2015. Still no real information, no gameplay footage. Nothing at all. Starting to see why Steven Left. F1 2015 shaped up to be another craptastic game by this very dumb company with its very dumb rules and policies. And do not try to kill the forum to delete the evidence Codemasters. I have it all documented, im going to make it my mission that Codemasters NEVER release another F1 again. EVER. And with your sales figures getting worse more and more after each F1 release. soon enough you wont have anyone to steal money from. I encourage everyone else to do the same. This is how big companies screws its own customers.... nobody has the balls to speak up. Write directly to the FOM. They do listen! i already got my reply letter about the game and how bad it is. Looks like Codie's future is very slim once the contract expires. 

PS my comment is protected by free speech. (Article 19 International Free Speech laws. The United Nations Universal Declaration of Human Rights, adopted in 1948) So do not try and ban me.

Info:  
Formula One Management Limited
Sapphire House, Churchill Way, Biggin Hill Industrial Estate
TN16 3BN Biggin Hill
UNITED KINGDOM
phone:   +4401959579000
fax:  +4401959579279
e-mail:  dbarnes (at) fomltd (dot) com

For those of you who will write. i commend you. For those of you who wont.. have fun getting screwed year after year.

:)
While I agree, I would say that your "right" to free speech is very much limited to the fact that you are on a messageboard owned by Codemasters and they therefore decider whether or not you are allowed to spill your beans here. It's called property rights.

On topic, I'm still holding some hopes that in further announcements the game will prove more loaded with features than thus far is being shared with us. But I have the same concerns as a lot of others here. We are cooking up a storm and 2 months away from release, there isn't the slightest hint of anything that could be described as a storm. Improved graphics and physics are normal consequences of the new consoles and grid sequences and a podium were in F1 games 15 years ago. And I think that might be indeed the reason Steve Hood left. He created a great first game and a solid base for the future with F1 2010 and it's gone completely the wrong direction. We are only the gamers of the F1 series and we're getting frustrated, can't imagine what it must be like to work on it every day of the week and seeing it go south.

actually the forum is not owned by codemasters and neither is any of the data inside it. a quick 2 min search would have found you that info.

Hi folks, I just want to jump in here to settle a few things. 

We are still actively reading these forums and we understand the frustration. I can promise you that I want to show you more about the game as much as you want to see more. There are a few reasons that we cannot disclose everything right away but be assured that we are not actively trying to dupe you all with an evil scheme like some posters in here may have you believe. 

I honestly 100% understand the frustration and I will not make excuses for it. What I will say, is that you need to be patient. There is a process for everything and things take time, we are incredibly busy at the studio at the moment and F1 is not our only game but we are working incredibly hard to get things into the pipeline as fast as humanly possible. I promise you. 

If you have some questions that you think I might be able to answer, then feel free but remember, merely shouting and complaining about things will not get you any closer if there is nothing I can say. 

I'm likely quicker to respond on Twitter at the moment due to how busy I am so shoot me a message over on @LiteralZero on there. :smile: 

I get the feeling this game will be the best racing game of all time and everyone on here will take back what they said about Codemasters being useless and need to not be allowed to make racing games ever again, which is the truth but they will keep making racing games and those on here rubbishing them will be right.

JJRosso said:
I get the feeling this game will be the best racing game of all time and everyone on here will take back what they said about Codemasters being useless and need to not be allowed to make racing games ever again, which is the truth but they will keep making racing games and those on here rubbishing them will be right.

If that happens i'll be the first to take it back. But til then we will see. Pretty much not sure how the game will be anyways due to all this silence.  We really pretty much know nothing...

I honestly 100% understand the frustration and I will not make excuses for it. What I will say, is that you need to be patient. 
More?. With an only two months release window and yet you have shown nothing about the game, when you should have been promoting It all around the internet in order to generate the necessary hype, with good gameplay footages and things like that.

There's obviously something going wrong, but you just won't tell us. That, and only that would be the way we would understand the need to be patient. But no. You still prefer to treat us all as If we were born the day before yesterday, which is exactly what you kept doing during Steve's era. Weren't things actually changing this time around?

Is it all down to the fact you started working on a "next gen" engine too late?. Your classic "It's all FOMs fault due to licence restrictions" excuse perhaps?. Could you please tell  what this is all about, so the speculation can come to an end?

If you keep doing things this way then Project cars is gonna EAT YOU ALIVE, regardless Its eventual quality. Get your heads out of the clouds already men!

Hey Codies. Check this interview by Shaun Cole on The Simpit interview with Andy Tudor of Project Cars:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=06xim0gu3vQ

mmpaw37 said:

There's something very odd happening here...Where are the moderators...?

Of course, they could be very busy with other 'more important' issues to attend to, but usually over the past few weeks since the announcement they were present nearly everyday..., there's definitely something cooking!

It was exactly the same scenario just before the announcement - Quiet for a few days then...BAM!, an announcement which sprung out of the blue!

...Let's just hope eh! ;)

well @petetheduck and @F1since08 don't know any moer than we do they just help oversee the forum and try to keep things tidy and civilised. When it comes to info we're totally reliant on the community managers not the moderators

We are not asking you to release info/talk about stuff not released, explain a bit more in depth about the first announcement.....you can't say you can't talk about that, otherwise why release that info

JJRosso said:
Judging by the reaction of many on the forum including myself I would be disappointed and amazed if a game that doesn't include an actual career mode is "the best racing game of all time". I can't see how a game that is based on a singular racing championship does not have a career mode, its not like people are asking Codies to have a career mode starting you in karting and then work your way up through the various formula championships.

Andi said:
JJRosso said:
Judging by the reaction of many on the forum including myself I would be disappointed and amazed if a game that doesn't include an actual career mode is "the best racing game of all time". I can't see how a game that is based on a singular racing championship does not have a career mode, its not like people are asking Codies to have a career mode starting you in karting and then work your way up through the various formula championships.

Agreed especially as most sports games come with career modes as standard even the Blade snooker games had one and they were an even smaller studio than CM. Not only that it was pretty decent licensed series as well the World Championship Snooker series. Unfortunately I think they've gone bankrupyt shrtly agfter making the 2011 game but all in all I thought it was a decent series and I still enjoy playing them and recently got new careers started on them. In fact many of the PS2 snooker one's were actually published by CM. One of the one's (I've been playing in fact is.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pschPo6WGig

World Championship snooker 2004 and of course snooker is not exactly the most popular sport in the world either so I think if snooker can have one then so should the F1 games as standard

If you have some questions that you think I might be able to answer, then feel free
Yes, lots.  Here:  http://forums.codemasters.com/discussion/comment/77692/#Comment_77692

Hey Codies. Check this interview by Shaun Cole on The Simpit interview with Andy Tudor of Project Cars:
Yeesh. The last people we need Codies to take advice from right now is a guy whose product is so late to market that it had to skip a whole generation of consoles :)

Yeesh. The last people we need Codies to take advice from right now is a guy whose product is so late to market that it had to skip a whole generation of consoles :)
But in terms of giving the consumer what they want is my point and advice to CM. They don't seem to be listening as we are not getting what we want, that's my point so yeesh yeah, they should take some advice for sure!!

If you have some questions that you think I might be able to answer, then feel free
Yes, lots.  Here:  http://forums.codemasters.com/discussion/comment/77692/#Comment_77692
Another question not on the list you link to:

24. Will co-op still feature in the game ? If so please add some information

The way CM are doing it, though sometimes frustrating, at least gives an incentive to check up on it to see if there's anything new since there's the knowledge not everything's been revealed yet (At least we hope!). With PCars, the only thing to check up now is whether or not the release date is the same as the previous day. Personally lost all excitement I had for PCars and it makes me wonder why it keeps getting delayed.

Can't help but think project c.a.r.s is the reason why codemasters are holding off. Probably don't want to their marketing hype to get lost and drowned  in the SMS hype, especially seeing as how project c.a.r.s has such a comprehensive open wheel format. Cant help but think we will see a gameplay after Pcars release and coinciding with the next GP.

Something I haven't thought about. Both F1 2015 and Project Cars are being published by Bandai Namco. Perhaps the lack of information is due to them for not wanting to have to much attention drawn away from Project Cars around the release date.

Daugaard said:
Another question not on the list you link to:

24. Will co-op still feature in the game ? If so please add some information
My questions are all focused on improvements for league racing (we have ten different F1 2015 leagues - see my signature :)), but I certainly understand that some answers about co-op are important to some! :)

Which was, precisely, best decision he could have ever made for the sake of the project. Making the game on those jurassic systems was affecting very seriously the development process on the more powerful platforms, specially on xbox1.

The way CM are doing it, though sometimes frustrating, at least gives an incentive to check up on it to see if there's anything new since there's the knowledge not everything's been revealed yet (At least we hope!). With PCars, the only thing to check up now is whether or not the release date is the same as the previous day. Personally lost all excitement I had for PCars and it makes me wonder why it keeps getting delayed.
Seriously flawed AI (AI cars are just as ret***** as in Driveclub. This means they go full throttle on their invisible rails and never EVER detect the player. It's what some idi*** call "competitively aggressive AI").

There were also some frame rate problems in some certain circuits. To be more precise when you were taking corners, depending on the track, and the number of AI cars racing, frames would drop EGO engine style. They got It fixed on the last PC build though, but I don't think they managed to fix It on the consoles yet, because running at 60FPS with nice graphics, and an INSANE number of cars on screen mustn't be an easy task at all to accomplish, I'd say

hola said:
Which was, precisely, best decision he could have ever made for the sake of the project. Making the game on those jurassic systems was affecting very seriously the development process on the more powerful platforms, specially on xbox1.

Seriously flawed AI (AI cars are just as ret***** as in Driveclub. This means they go full throttle on their invisible rails and never EVER detect the player. It's what some idi*** call "competitively aggressive AI").

There were also some frame rate problems in some certain circuits. To be more precise when you were taking corners, depending on the track, and the number of AI cars racing, frames would drop EGO engine style. They got It fixed on the last PC build though, but I don't think they managed to fix It on the consoles yet, because running at 60FPS with nice graphics, and an INSANE number of cars on screen mustn't be an easy task at all to accomplish, I'd say
Did they fix the AI?