Sign in to follow this  

Announcing F1 2015

Something I haven't thought about. Both F1 2015 and Project Cars are being published by Bandai Namco. Perhaps the lack of information is due to them for not wanting to have to much attention drawn away from Project Cars around the release date.
Hmm. An interesting point. Whether true or not is questionable though. 

Did they fix the AI?
Not at all. AI cars might now "use the breaks" when you are right in front of them (the AI on your slipstream). But the moment they get on your side, they're no longer aware of your current position. You're no longer detected.

Nevertheless, It should be mentioned again that the number of cars in a race is in this game is insane (on PC), thus expecting very good AI does not compute, putting it softly

On a side note, I must also say that all those who expect Project Cars to be the pinnacle of driving games when it comes to the physics and handling, might be setting themselves for utter dissapointment. All those of you who are looking for the perfect driving simulator should try Assetto Corsa immediately. PC no way is 100% simulation. Never It pretended to be though

hola said:
Did they fix the AI?
Not at all. AI cars might now "use the breaks" when you are right in front of them (the AI on your slipstream). But the moment they get on your side, they're no longer aware of your current position. You're no longer detected.

Nevertheless, It should be mentioned again that the number of cars in a race is in this game is insane (on PC), thus expecting very good AI does not compute, putting it softly

On a side note, I must also say that all those who expect Project Cars to be the pinnacle of driving games when it comes to the physics and handling, might be setting themselves for utter dissapointment. All those of you who are looking for the perfect driving simulator should try Assetto Corsa immediately. PC no way is 100% simulation. Never It pretended to be though
That sucks. And idc about it being a perfect sim, after all my favorite racing game of the past 10 years is Forza 4

The final build on PS4 looking really amazing. Must watch:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ebHSLx71TV0

Edit: Make sure you watch this video on 60FPS mode.; 720p/60 at least 

Something I haven't thought about. Both F1 2015 and Project Cars are being published by Bandai Namco. Perhaps the lack of information is due to them for not wanting to have to much attention drawn away from Project Cars around the release date.
it's quite possible yes I agree

If some of you guys are for sure buying it on PC.. go look on steam right now.
Ha. Available June, Offer ends June 12. So you can wait for vids anyway

If some of you guys are for sure buying it on PC.. go look on steam right now.
Well not really any news from steam, not any that i didn't already know... but I suppose the text from steam can be considered to be the same that will appear on the back of the physical discs ?

If that's the case im really starting to think that there will be no co-op in F1 2015 as this isn't mentioned anywhere....

EDIT: inserted the text from steam:

Race like a champion in F1 2015 - get closer than ever before to the experience of racing in the world’s most glamorous, exciting and prestigious motorsport. F1 2015 puts you in the heart of the action with a stunning new game engine that recreates the blisteringly fast and highly responsive racing cars of FORMULA ONE™ and features all-new ‘broadcast presentation’ that immerses you in the unique race day atmosphere. F1 2015 is the official videogame of the 2015 FIA FORMULA ONE WORLD CHAMPIONSHIP™ and also features fully playable 2014 FIA FORMULA ONE WORLD CHAMPIONSHIP™ bonus content. Compete as your favourite FORMULA ONE star in the new Championship Season and push yourself to the limit in the challenging Pro Season mode. Hone your skills in the new Online Practice Session, and then challenge your friends and racing rivals from across the world in Online Multiplayer. 

A STUNNING NEW GAME ENGINE – A brand new game engine, built from the ground up for the latest consoles and PCs allows players to experience FORMULA 1™ in unprecedented detail. 

THE MOST RELEVANT FORMULA 1 GAME YET – An earlier release in the racing calendar and with free digital updates set to keep the game up to date with the sport during the season, F1 2015 brings fans the most relevant FORMULA 1 video game ever. 

THE MOST INCLUSIVE F1 RACING EXPERIENCE EVER – Featuring a naturally authentic purely physics-based handling model with enhancements and additions in over 20 areas, F1 2015 is designed to be player inclusive for both seasoned players and those new to the series. 

NEW GAME MODES – Immerse yourself in the new Championship Season, test yourself to the limits in Pro Season or use the new Online Practice Session to hone your skills before taking on rivals across the world in Online Multiplayer. 

BONUS CONTENT – Look back at last year’s exciting season and enjoy a fully playable 2014 FIA FORMULA ONE WORLD CHAMPIONSHIP™ as bonus game content.

After reading through the 43 pages of posts I have made up my mind. This will be the first video game that I will purchase used from the bargain bin.... Without a proper career mode there is zero replay ability factor so why bother to pay full price???  CM, you folks really did shit the bed this time around. Project cars will take away all of your sales for one huge reason, you can start with go carts and progress through the open wheel ranks ending with Formula A.

coolieboy said:
After reading through the 43 pages of posts I have made up my mind. This will be the first video game that I will purchase used from the bargain bin.... Without a proper career mode there is zero replay ability factor so why bother to pay full price???  CM, you folks really did shit the bed this time around. Project cars will take away all of your sales for one huge reason, you can start with go carts and progress through the open wheel ranks ending with Formula A.

yeah tha's likely what I'll be doing if I should decide to get it at any point wait for a Steam sale or bargain bin thing.

The older Codemasters f1 games had gearbox and engine failures right? I've never played them but if so they should really implement those again! 

Zombie said:
5 days till the first day of May. Still no news. no footage.
Best case scenario, the word 'marketing' never made its way to CM HQ so they don't know what it means or why it is important.

Worst case scenario, the usual. The game is crap, catered to the casual gamer and CM realize that showing us won't be helpful for the sales.

Zombie said:
5 days till the first day of May. Still no news. no footage.
It's CM own interpretation of the word hype

i dont no why we are all going on like this, we should have learnt over the years that codemasters and PR + INFO doesnt go hand in hand. 

hola said:
Did they fix the AI?

That sucks. And idc about it being a perfect sim, after all my favorite racing game of the past 10 years is Forza 4
Agreed I don't either as long as it's got fun interesting game modes in it. For the most part I'd have to say CM normally deliver in that area but on this occasion without career mode I'm certainly worried they're going to fall short this time.

One or two people on here really need to sort themselves out. Before any announcement came out, constant complaining, saying they'd probably never buy the game, yet when they announcement was made they completely changed their tune. Now it's back to the pre-announcement stance of attacking CM when it was previously licking them all over.

Most posts are valid, saying about things like the lack of news (though I'm alright with it),lack of career, but one or two, I wouldn't be surprised if the moderators issued them a warning. Even the Community Manager on here mentioned them!

What videos are people expecting to come out before release though? I'm assuming hot laps, which show you graphics, audio and replay angles. Important? Yes, but it's not showing anything like the full picture. Then there'll be some gameplay which probably won't show the HUD so won't be a great indicator. I'll be looking at whatever videos come out but hot laps are not worth getting all bothered over.

Anyway, about the actual game. I am a bit concerned that the F1 games in general in the next few years will be going for the broadcast style. That does sound good but if it comes at the expense of a career mode then I'm not so sure. F1 games did used to regularly not have career but that's quite a while ago now (F1 2003 was the last).

I have 2015 pre-ordered anyway.  I skipped 2014 as it seemed like such a copy-and-paste. I thought I'd get it eventually but still haven't bothered and I don't think I will. 2013 was largely a copy from 2012 too but at least 2013 had the classic content which was a big incentive for me. Plus, as a big F1 fan like many here, with the big driver changes, that helps.

I think anything they show would be better than nothing. People want to at least see the game in action. 

I think anything they show would be better than nothing. People want to at least see the game in action. 
Then they have to wait! As we all do!

hola said:

The AI looked great at 5:30 on in the wet.

i dont no why we are all going on like this, we should have learnt over the years that codemasters and PR + INFO doesnt go hand in hand. 
But wasn't someone from the CM team talking about that how everything about F1, including the company culture, is a new a start for F1 2015. "Think of it as Batman Begins, not Batman & Robin." he said. 

I guess it's my fault for believing, right?

hola said:

The AI looked great at 5:30 on in the wet.

from 6.52 when it goes to single seaters, wow my jaw dropped that looks like the best racing game I have ever ever seen! and the cockpit/helmet cam view blew me away, if f1 2015 cant compete with that its game over and these guys should get a crack at making f1 if they want to take on the poisoned chalice :-)

Given how long they've taken to make this one, the thought of them trying to do an annual franchise release gives me the fear!
Lol! They wouldn't be rewriting the game from scratch each year now would they!