Scheduled Updates and BETA Shutdown - 06/07/2020 Read more... ×
Sign in to follow this  

Announcing F1 2015

Given how long they've taken to make this one, the thought of them trying to do an annual franchise release gives me the fear!
Shouldn't be a huge problem for however long they continue to use the current engine.

Andi said:
Given how long they've taken to make this one, the thought of them trying to do an annual franchise release gives me the fear!
Shouldn't be a huge problem for however long they continue to use the current engine.

Yeah once the basics are in it is largely copy and paste just need to reorganise the pecking order and add any new yearly features that are being introduced for that year as CM did from 2010-14 Ideally without sacrificing other popular features though.

I'm sure I remember Steve Hood saying lateish last year when asked that F1 2015 does have the ability to watch other cars on track while you're in the pits in practice and qualifying. If so that that is at least something good.

Joethe155 said:
I'm sure I remember Steve Hood saying lateish last year when asked that F1 2015 does have the ability to watch other cars on track while you're in the pits in practice and qualifying. If so that that is at least something good.
Still a thing. :)

Britpoint said:
Joethe155 said:
Does this include both online and offline? Or just online?

And @hola. is the AI a major problem then in Project Cars? Because that doesn't sound very good. I don't want to drag this off-topic but we have had quite a few posts on the subject already.

tbh I think they only took this long because they wanted to make sure it was a quality product and it's starting to look that way to me

Joethe155 said:
And @hola. is the AI a major problem then in Project Cars? Because that doesn't sound very good. I don't want to drag this off-topic but we have had quite a few posts on the subject already.
The ai are good in p cars. He just needs to turn up the difficulty, then they become more aggressive and more aware in terms of space. There is good evidence of this on Alan's vids on VVV. If you run with low difficulty settings, the ai are too forgiving and just run slowly on the racing line (or thereabouts). My test play at the gadget show used a medium ai difficulty and they were really good, but like all things, they are subject to change so we can't really say what we have until we have the game in our hands. But looking good so far.

Britpoint said:
Joethe155 said:
Both! As @giommino mentions, I don't think there's replays in the multiplayer races, but if you're in Practice/Qualifying you can sit in your garage and watch a live feed of the other players, or AI if you're in single player.

Britpoint said:
Britpoint said:
Joethe155 said:
Both! As @giommino mentions, I don't think there's replays in the multiplayer races, but if you're in Practice/Qualifying you can sit in your garage and watch a live feed of the other players, or AI if you're in single player.
While watching a live feed of other players is cool, I can't help focus on:  No manual starts.  No manual pit stops.  Now no online replays either?!?!  

https://twitter.com/dirtgame/status/592674569703460864 This is funny. :D DiRT wasn`t annoucment but we get gameplay trailer, and F1 2015 was annoucment 1month ago and we still dont have trailer.. lol
This is what Codemasters thinks about F1 Games.

https://twitter.com/dirtgame/status/592674569703460864 This is funny. :D DiRT wasn`t annoucment but we get gameplay trailer, and F1 2015 was annoucment 1month ago and we still dont have trailer.. lol
Indeed it's almost as if they don't care about delivering a good F1 game

Maybe they have a trailer for Dirt since the game is released today?...(early access)

FMassa93 said:

Maybe they have a trailer for Dirt since the game is released today?...(early access)
I dont care. its 1month and 10days until relase and we have almost nothing 

And yet, it's not even possible that we will get some news this week... very dissapointing, but as someone stated in another post it could easily be beacuse both "F1 2015" and "pCARS" have the same publisher... might be someone at "Bandai Namco", that don't want to se any F1 news spoil the pCARS attention up to launch ? but that's pure speculation.

Daugaard said:
@justbiglee any news of when we can expect the next F1 2015 news to arrive ?
Honestly I don't, I need to catch back up with the F1 stuff as I was largley looking after Overlord last week so I'll know more about what's next on Monday.

I did play the game a bit on Wednesday afternoon as we got a new build in, it was my first time playing it on a wheel and oh man it was good - I was playing on a T300Rs, that wheel knows how to kick! (might have to get one for myself) 

On Thursday we (not me personally) took the game and the wheel/playseat down to Williams to get some feedback on the handling from their test driver (forgive me I've forgot his name - it wasn't Susie, it was the young guy who is about 20ish - he was a bit of a gamer too as it turned out).

I know we filmed some of it too so hopefully we'll share that if we can. Pleased to say he liked it, he gave some good feedback for the dev team to work on too.

As for your original question what is it you'd like to know next? I know you all want to know everything but if you could pick just one bit of news what would it be?

I think we need to see if Big Lee can make something happen for us this week he's obviously seen the forums and read our concerns lets see how he and CM respond to that now. Hopefully this will get them to hurry up with something not saying it will happen but let's hope it does. I think it's time for a mimi ceasefire and see what their response is.

Im also done for the day... but honestly... what else can we expect other then soon. I really wonder what all this hold up is.... at any rate... i hope whatever is coming will wow us. Otherwise i can speculate that sales WILL take a bit hit this year with us hardcore community racers.  We are a big community and hold a big chunk in sales figures.... just because some are not members of this forum does not mean they are not keeping on eye on things here.

Zombie said:
Im also done for the day... but honestly... what else can we expect other then soon. I really wonder what all this hold up is.... at any rate... i hope whatever is coming will wow us. Otherwise i can speculate that sales WILL take a bit hit this year with us hardcore community racers.  We are a big community and hold a big chunk in sales figures.... just because some are not members of this forum does not mean they are not keeping on eye on things here.
Agree with that, as I myself is pretty active on a decent xbox website with 10k+ users...

I know a lot of the users from that website are not members on here, eventhough they are F1 racing fans... but as it is today woth social media/forums/twitter the word of mouth will spread like a fire.... good/bad things regarding any games will be discussed widely.

Positives though is looking at a couple of vids (not played it myself yet) Dirt:Rally seems to be a total Sim not arcade. Maybe after the change in management they wanted to get something out fairly fast to prove they are going more Sim again? Hence early access and sudden release.

Joethe155 said:
From the vids I saw months ago with the AI I was really worried as the would always just smash into one another and tbh it was worse than any online race and that is saying something lol! Ive been watching lots of vids over the last few days/weeks and have to say they now look very very good at attacking and defending and there overall pace seems like it will give the top guys a bit of a challenge unlike most racing games. All this is going of youtube vids tho so cant say for sure but on the evidence ive seen Pcars will be simply amazing :) I know they have taken there time to release the game but tbh it was prob the best thing to do as there were no decent wheels available when the consoles came out and who has the money to buy console, games, wheel and pedals all in one go? With the time they have put into the game it should be the best console racing game available with a huge selection of car classes availabe to choose from.